Author Topic: So, I have Blue Flame  (Read 6692 times)

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
Re: So, I have Blue Flame
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 22:18:12 »
Something felt weird to me about all the built in maps being straigt from campaign. Just throwing out that observation.
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 22:36:04 »
Something felt weird to me about all the built in maps being straigt from campaign. Just throwing out that observation.
Wrong - the maps were made first for Multiplayer and were then applied to the campaign. That's why they either don't play well on the campaign or aren't, at all, used.
I am tree.

Nader

• ¿ɯsɐ ʎɯ ʞuıן ʎןpuıʞ noʎ pןnoʍ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 23:07:57 »
Wrong - the maps were made first for Multiplayer and were then applied to the campaign. That's why they either don't play well on the campaign or aren't, at all, used.

source

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 23:16:35 »

source
If it's true, then all I have to say is this: Bungie must not have even tried on the campaign.
I feel it

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 00:23:07 »

source
Carnage Carnivale Vidoc, 4:13.
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 01:06:09 »
I meant that because there was no variety in the maps, multiplayer has been pretty dull.
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 20:20:20 »
Do post your feelings about the quality of the MM maps in a thread creted for their cause.
Anyway,
I think it's a bit weird to give all this stuff so easily...Do these flames and stars last only for a limited time or what?
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2011, 20:35:27 »
Do post your feelings about the quality of the MM maps in a thread creted for their cause.
Anyway,
I think it's a bit weird to give all this stuff so easily...Do these flames and stars last only for a limited time or what?
It's like this:
Bungie: "Hey, we're leaving this series, so let's just throw it all away by giving people exclusives!"
343: "You do know someone else is taking over this series right?"
I feel it

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2011, 21:49:45 »
Anyway,
It's like this:
Bungie: "Hey, we're leaving this series, so let's just throw it all away by giving people exclusives!"
343: "Oh wait, do we even want to be worried about aesthetical nameplates or should we be worried about the matchmaking and updating and maintaining the game?"
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2011, 21:58:54 »
Anyway,
It's like this:
343: "Oh wait, do we even want to be worried about aesthetical nameplates or should we be worried about the matchmaking and updating and maintaining the game?"
Are you implying that they can't worry about both?
I feel it

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2011, 08:25:23 »
Anyway,
It's like this:

Aesthetics or not, the do matter. If they wouldn't care, why not just give everyone everything? Good way to ruin all the little value they have and truly make them aesthetics.

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2011, 17:13:53 »

Aesthetics or not, the do matter. If they wouldn't care, why not just give everyone everything? Good way to ruin all the little value they have and truly make them aesthetics.
You mean like they already did  ???

And @Scat: They could worry about adding Master Chief's codpiece for all I care, but what has more importance?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 17:16:05 by Insane Monx »

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2011, 17:43:25 »

Most of the stuff found in armory still requires a certain amount of credits to purchase. If one wouldn't care AT ALL, they would give people Haunted and Security helmets for free.

Though now that I've thought about it: Since the Star nameplate and Blue Flames were Bungie's thing, they get to decide what to do with them, right?

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2011, 17:47:33 »

Most of the stuff found in armory still requires a certain amount of credits to purchase. If one wouldn't care AT ALL, they would give people Haunted and Security helmets for free.

Though now that I've thought about it: Since the Star nameplate and Blue Flames were Bungie's thing, they get to decide what to do with them, right?
They do, but that doesn't make it right.
I feel it

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2011, 17:50:14 »

That's the armory though. You get what you payed for.

Would you rather get to Inheritor just to have everyone capable of getting it, or send in a mediocre picture to an All Stars competition where there is 117 winners in that specific competition, and then find out that people who play in a playlist 5 times unlock another playlist where they can get the same star? Which was rarer in the first place?