Author Topic: QTA XII/VI is in Reach.  (Read 4741 times)

Insane Monx

• View Profile
QTA XII/VI is in Reach.
« on: June 17, 2011, 03:34:25 »
That's right, it's back.

This thread shows something that is very interesting. Unique marines in Reach with a secret from ODST. These mysterious marines show up on probably two levels, and I have a video in theater I downloaded that has a creepy marine turn and face the player and says something (who is also described as one of those marines). They have unique armor and color. One can be seen with a Grenade Launcher apparently

Btw this is a picture of the QTA, mentioned by Bungie during a PAX Panel interview. It was supposed to be important , a secret, or even both, I can't remember.

I found this even more interesting due to the fact this may do with the Sullivan and his sidearm  :o. This may also have several other secrets (BoB counterpart, maybe?)

Sorry if I'm being a little disoriented...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 03:37:41 by Insane Monx »
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: QTA XII/VI is in Reach.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 12:08:39 »
The QTA XII/VI also appears on (random?) dead Spartans on Lone Wolf.
I am tree.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 14:55:42 »
His storage plate (whatever it is, it has the QTA on it) is on his right leg. The ODSTs wear it on their left leg. Spartans wear it on the right. Odd.
I feel it

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 15:01:12 »
Oops, didn't realize this was already discovered :/.

@Scat, that's the most interesting thing you notice?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 15:39:40 by Insane Monx »
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 16:39:58 »
I wonder why it's so brightly visible...
I am tree.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 16:41:38 »
Oops, didn't realize this was already discovered :/.

@Scat, that's the most interesting thing you notice?
I don't notice much else. It's just QTA 12/6.
Something I do want to know is the number of marines in his squad, and what the nametags of the squad are.
I feel it

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 19:55:12 »
QTA = Question the Author - Glen Cook's
XII = 12
VI = 6

December 6th 1996

Myth and Bungie West Edit Myth and Bungie West section Edit

With the Marathon book closed, the Bungie team decided to try something they have never done before. Bungie fans were expecting another first-person shooter, but instead, what they got was a Real Time Strategy game announced on December 6th, 1996, seven weeks after Marathon: Infinity released. Bungie realized thousands of gamers will pick up "Myth: The Fallen Lords" and will be hungry to test their mettle in online battles without reading the manual or dealing with complex network settings. With this in mind, on October 14th, 1997, Bungie announced it would configure a free Internet game server, called bungie.net, to include every feature one could wish for to deliver one-click multiplayer gaming as quickly and easily as using a web browser. On November 5th, 1997, Myth: The Fallen Lords was released. The Myth series is set in a fantasy world that was inspired in many ways by Glen Cook's Black Company novels. It details the 17th year of fighting in the West, in battle against the Dark. The Dark is lead by 6 Sorcerers of breath taking power known as The Fallen Lords, and are lead by Balor. The war effort in the West is lead by a council of 9 powerful Avatara known as The Nine. In the middle of all of this lies an elite group of soldiers within the Armies of the North known as The Legion, and the story revolves around their exploits, and journey, within the war. The Story is told from the perspective of a journal writer within the Legion, and follows his perspective on events, often with historical inaccuracies and rumors of events. 1997 also marked the year when Bungie opened a second studio in Silicon Valley, San Jose, California, called "Bungie Studios West" or "Bungie West", where it worked on a separate project than "Bungie East."

Thoughts?

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 20:42:47 »
That's a really good find Enigma. Too good to be coincidence.
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 20:44:15 »
QTA = Question the Author - Glen Cook's
XII = 12
VI = 6

December 6th 1996

Myth and Bungie West Edit Myth and Bungie West section Edit

With the Marathon book closed, the Bungie team decided to try something they have never done before. Bungie fans were expecting another first-person shooter, but instead, what they got was a Real Time Strategy game announced on December 6th, 1996, seven weeks after Marathon: Infinity released. Bungie realized thousands of gamers will pick up "Myth: The Fallen Lords" and will be hungry to test their mettle in online battles without reading the manual or dealing with complex network settings. With this in mind, on October 14th, 1997, Bungie announced it would configure a free Internet game server, called bungie.net, to include every feature one could wish for to deliver one-click multiplayer gaming as quickly and easily as using a web browser. On November 5th, 1997, Myth: The Fallen Lords was released. The Myth series is set in a fantasy world that was inspired in many ways by Glen Cook's Black Company novels. It details the 17th year of fighting in the West, in battle against the Dark. The Dark is lead by 6 Sorcerers of breath taking power known as The Fallen Lords, and are lead by Balor. The war effort in the West is lead by a council of 9 powerful Avatara known as The Nine. In the middle of all of this lies an elite group of soldiers within the Armies of the North known as The Legion, and the story revolves around their exploits, and journey, within the war. The Story is told from the perspective of a journal writer within the Legion, and follows his perspective on events, often with historical inaccuracies and rumors of events. 1997 also marked the year when Bungie opened a second studio in Silicon Valley, San Jose, California, called "Bungie Studios West" or "Bungie West", where it worked on a separate project than "Bungie East."

Thoughts?

How does that relate to ODST?

Translating "QTA" into something that is not a possibly military expression that ACTUALLY EXISTS makes no sense.
Therefore, theories that involve "QTA" meaning "Quickest Time of Arrival", "Quick to Action", "QuickTime Alternative", "Question then Answer", "Question To Answer", "Quick Turn Around", "Qualification Test Article", "Quiet Technology Aerospace", "Question The Author", etc., are, automatically, disregarded by me.

EDIT:
Posted by: Matu Flp Krawfe
Posted by: Alonrik
Doubt this has any relevance, just throwing it out there:

John 11:7

Then he said unto his disciples, "Let us go back to Judea".

That's it! The forerunner sphere at the begining of Halo 4 is mesopotamia!

It all makes sense, by Jorge. Oh wait, I just made a reference which happens to coincide with a bit of nomenclature from Halo. It must must be a connection.

The thing about looking for meaning in symbols, kids is that language is pretty damned vague to begin with. To derive any sort of this means that relationship is pretty hard even in constructed speach/writing, but with very ambiguous "references" you can find nods to just about anything you want to given a creative enough mind.

For example, Halo is based entirely on Power Rangers. Not sold? Well the grunts represent putties, jackals the tengu, brutes are goldar, lord zed is just one particularly naked hunter, Rita Repulsa is a Prophet, and they're all set against a colorful squad of 5-6 behelmeted superheros with weak personalities lead, ultimately, by a great big bald guy (Lord Hood/Zordon) and his annoying little side-kick (Miranda Keyes/Alpha 5).

And that's just what you can do with generalities. With names and labels you can go all sorts of places (Lord Hood is an inuendo, Sgt. Johnson is an inuendo, the Arbiter is a direct nod to starcraft's protoss unit set, which mirror the covenant in a lot of ways, Cortana sounds a bit like the game Septerra Core, which also had Steve Downs (voice of the master chief) so her name must derive from that game in a clever nod which has no other possible explanation, Miranda can be shortened to Mira, who was the protagonist from that game so that must be a refernece too, ect.)

It's just what happens why you go looking for meaning and just so happen to find just what you're looking for.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 20:52:12 by Pulse Cloud »
I am tree.

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 20:57:54 »
How does it relate to Reach?

It doesn't.

How do Marathon references/achievements relate to Halo?

Bugie made both games.

I feel like my theory holds water. or at least holds some spit.

I really feel that they are just using Reach/ ODST as semi free advertising to promote the Revision of Mythic and Mythic at least the name has been with us since Halo day 1.

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 21:04:23 »
I really feel that they are just using Reach/ ODST as semi free advertising to promote the Revision of Mythic (do you mean Myth?)

No. There's something more, otherwise they wouldn't have shown what they've shown in PAX 2009.
I am tree.

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 21:22:03 »
I really feel that they are just using Reach/ ODST as semi free advertising to promote the Revision of Mythic (do you mean Myth?)

No. There's something more, otherwise they wouldn't have shown what they've shown in PAX 2009.

Yea I do.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 22:08:43 »

I agree. But I don't believe that it's in Reach. I think it was added in very late in the game. ODST would have been out for a couple months, and no one got QTA. I think it is a reminder, "Go and finish this easter egg, It's huge".

But that's just me. I'm an ODST guy, not a Reach guy.

I mean, look at it. It looks like they just took the texture, then used the "Text" function and wrote QTA XII/IV.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 22:17:52 by Scatcycle »
I feel it

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 23:42:50 »
I agree. But I don't believe that it's in Reach. I think it was added in very late in the game. ODST would have been out for a couple months, and no one got QTA. I think it is a reminder, "Go and finish this easter egg, It's huge".

I mean, look at it. It looks like they just took the texture, then used the "Text" function and wrote QTA XII/IV.
So if I understand correctly, your saying the QTA has no purpose  ???. Then why would they put it in the mysterious picture.

Btw they never said it was a huge easter egg.

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 23:59:06 »

So if I understand correctly, your saying the QTA has no purpose  ???. Then why would they put it in the mysterious picture.

Btw they never said it was a huge easter egg.

Scat's saying, and I somewhat agree with him, that "QTA XII/VI" is not a Reach Super Easter Egg, but an ODST Super Easter Egg.
I think the fact that QTA (let's make it short for "QTA XII/VI") is in Reach is not just a reminder for those who gave up on finding what it meant in ODST.
The fact that it is visible in this specific armor attachment (as shown here - we need to learn everything about this armor piece and if QTA ONLY appears on this piece) might lead us somewhere, though.
I am tree.