Author Topic: QTA XII/VI is in Reach.  (Read 4740 times)

Insane Monx

• View Profile
Re: QTA XII/VI is in Reach.
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2011, 00:11:21 »
Scat's saying, and I somewhat agree with him, that "QTA XII/VI" is not a Reach Super Easter Egg, but an ODST Super Easter Egg.
I think the fact that QTA (let's make it short for "QTA XII/VI") is in Reach is not just a reminder for those who gave up on finding what it meant in ODST.
The fact that it is visible in this specific armor attachment (as shown here - we need to learn everything about this armor piece and if QTA ONLY appears on this piece) might lead us somewhere, though.
Okay, I understand what he was saying, thanks.

Might also record what type of Ally it was (Marine, Army Trooper, Medic) and where exactly it was. I would be up for helping someone this weekend look into this. If we find anything we can post results here and in the B.net thread.
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 15:10:29 »
So I tried finding these guys yesterday, and it worked. There is two, and they both show up in the only two group of allies you get on that TotS (or at least before you get on the falcon).

I got distracted with the dialogue, and forgot to look for the QTA. Here's some random stuff I heard while staring at them and switching weapons quickly, most of it may have no purpose. And a few aren't exactly word-for-word.

"To think that I could be on Sigma oh-4 right now, nothing but blue skies, beaches, and college girls, heh heh"

"So you spartans never die huh? Maybe some of that will rub of on me... maybe..."*

"Maybe some day I can be a giant robot who stares"

"What, are you supposed to be the strong and silent type or something"

"Can I dual-wield one of these things?"

"My trigger finger hurts already" (this was from switching weapons really fast with another Trooper)

"Takin' Five, Lieutenant?" (From the Marine with the supposive QTA)

"I bet under that helmet you have long, flowing locks. Please tell me I'm right, I'm right aren't I? I'm right."

And then I heard the Spartan wish one

</Random Dialogue>

*Other than that, they didn't seem to do anything special or act abnormally. I was playing on Normal with 3 Silver Skulls on. DNF.
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 15:15:08 »
This makes me think that the Marines are not for any special purpose.

And the QTA is elsewhere, folks. Keep looking.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 16:46:38 »
"What, are you supposed to be the strong and silent type or something"
I love the ODST reference. It could even be telling us to go to ODST.

Anyways, I really think the detonator on ONI might tie into this.
Remember, this was supposed to be solved in ODST. What's something no one knows about in ODST?

The detonator on ONI Alpha Site.
I feel it

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 19:25:04 »
Perhaps the Bungie Day reveals about Aerospace will clear things with this, too.
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...