Halo Reach > Halo Reach General Discussion

Some interesting things about Anonymous Banshee Pilots

(1/4) > >>

Scatcycle:
So I was at my friends house today. We decided to play some Halo Reach, and get the Pelican and Phantom. We start up New Alexandria.
We go up on the roof of a building. My friend jetpacks up above the building, then jacks a banshee.

A very long time later, in the same game, we come back. I'm in my falcon. My gunner starts shooting a single spot on the top of the roof. I check if there are any banshees that would be in the line of fire if it were not for the roof; there were no banshees. We don't know what he is shooting at. I get out and stand in the line of fire. He stops shooting. I move out of the way, and look at what he is shooting. He's just shooting the roof. Then I see a spurt of red blood that quickly disappears. The same blood that comes out when you shoot a marine. Every couple seconds a burst of blood would come out. I go over to where the blood comes out, and Melee. I lunge towards the floor. I melee again. I lunge toward the floor and earn a "Pummeled" medal.

From this, I gather that there are enemies in the Banshees. They are just invisible. Really invisible. So nothing has to be rendered. Isn't this interesting?

Oh yeah, sometimes if you damage a banshee before you jack it, you get a Pummeled medal.

Insane Monx:
My mind is currently in a state only equivalent to that of my brain being blown apart.

Seriously, I didn't know they were real. You should've assasinated  :D

Scatcycle:

--- Quote from: Insane Monx on June 18, 2011, 03:38:38 ---My mind is currently in a state only equivalent to that of my brain being blown apart.

Seriously, I didn't know they were real. You should've assasinated  :D

--- End quote ---
I assume that this is possible. But the enemy may be like the bugger, not possible. It would be extremely hard to assassinate, as you cannot see this enemy. It would be quite a gamble.

nightcrafter27:
It's odd that the gunner didn't destroy the enemy right away. Two reasons that I can think for this: one, the enemy has a lot of health, and you just got lucky; two, the enemy is really small, like the first skirmisher on WC. It's possible that you and the gunner just plain missed.

Scatcycle:

--- Quote from: nightcrafter27 on June 18, 2011, 04:02:08 ---It's odd that the gunner didn't destroy the enemy right away. Two reasons that I can think for this: one, the enemy has a lot of health, and you just got lucky; two, the enemy is really small, like the first skirmisher on WC. It's possible that you and the gunner just plain missed.

--- End quote ---
I believe that your second belief is correct. The turret was inaccurate; only some of the shots actually hit the target. This would be because the target is so low. The reason why I lunged towards the floor would be because the enemy is so small, that it's height is basically the floor. I tried shooting around and saw no blood. It probably is just really small.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version