Author Topic: Some interesting things about Anonymous Banshee Pilots  (Read 5245 times)

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
Some interesting things about Anonymous Banshee Pilots
« on: June 18, 2011, 03:29:54 »
So I was at my friends house today. We decided to play some Halo Reach, and get the Pelican and Phantom. We start up New Alexandria.
We go up on the roof of a building. My friend jetpacks up above the building, then jacks a banshee.

A very long time later, in the same game, we come back. I'm in my falcon. My gunner starts shooting a single spot on the top of the roof. I check if there are any banshees that would be in the line of fire if it were not for the roof; there were no banshees. We don't know what he is shooting at. I get out and stand in the line of fire. He stops shooting. I move out of the way, and look at what he is shooting. He's just shooting the roof. Then I see a spurt of red blood that quickly disappears. The same blood that comes out when you shoot a marine. Every couple seconds a burst of blood would come out. I go over to where the blood comes out, and Melee. I lunge towards the floor. I melee again. I lunge toward the floor and earn a "Pummeled" medal.

From this, I gather that there are enemies in the Banshees. They are just invisible. Really invisible. So nothing has to be rendered. Isn't this interesting?

Oh yeah, sometimes if you damage a banshee before you jack it, you get a Pummeled medal.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 04:49:27 by Scatcycle »
I feel it

Insane Monx

• View Profile
Re: Some interesting things about Anonymous Banshee Pilots
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 03:38:38 »
My mind is currently in a state only equivalent to that of my brain being blown apart.

Seriously, I didn't know they were real. You should've assasinated  :D
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 03:42:32 »
My mind is currently in a state only equivalent to that of my brain being blown apart.

Seriously, I didn't know they were real. You should've assasinated  :D
I assume that this is possible. But the enemy may be like the bugger, not possible. It would be extremely hard to assassinate, as you cannot see this enemy. It would be quite a gamble.
I feel it

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 04:02:08 »
It's odd that the gunner didn't destroy the enemy right away. Two reasons that I can think for this: one, the enemy has a lot of health, and you just got lucky; two, the enemy is really small, like the first skirmisher on WC. It's possible that you and the gunner just plain missed.
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 04:51:31 »
It's odd that the gunner didn't destroy the enemy right away. Two reasons that I can think for this: one, the enemy has a lot of health, and you just got lucky; two, the enemy is really small, like the first skirmisher on WC. It's possible that you and the gunner just plain missed.
I believe that your second belief is correct. The turret was inaccurate; only some of the shots actually hit the target. This would be because the target is so low. The reason why I lunged towards the floor would be because the enemy is so small, that it's height is basically the floor. I tried shooting around and saw no blood. It probably is just really small.
I feel it

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 11:01:24 »
VOIDO.
We need to replicate this!
I am tree.

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 14:30:55 »
What difficulty was this?

That could also explain why the gunner didn't kill it.
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 14:40:17 »
VOIDO.
We need to replicate this!
I can't get the film, because it was at my friends house. But I can try to recreate this event.

This was easy. No, the gunner could not kill it because most of its shots would not hit the enemy. I believe it was so small that it was hard to hit. Lunging puts me directly to it, so that's how I pummeled it.
I feel it

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 15:09:09 »
We also need to do a run where one player kills nothing but these Invisemies (my vote for thier name), to see whet they are catagorized as, if they are registered kills at all.

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 15:13:13 »
We also need to do a run where one player kills nothing but these Invisemies (my vote for thier name), to see whet they are catagorized as, if they are registered kills at all.
This. I can get on in a little bit and also check for the QTA marines, some are supposed to be on New Alexandria anyways

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 20:10:22 »
You got it. It would be hard though, as you need a friendly AI to point out where this invisemies by shooting it. While trying to get him over to the roof you dropped the invisemy on, he would try to shoot down other banshees. This would cause kills to register. Be quick and swift, maybe even fly backwards.
I feel it

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 23:42:05 »
I went invisemy hunting today. Collected a HUGE amount of information.

First, sometimes you kill an invisemy in the boarding sequences, but sometimes he survives. If he survives, he drops down to his death.
Unless he's on top of a building. In this case, to spot him, use gunners on your turrets to shoot at him. Once you see a blood spurt, which will leave a red mark on the ground, there's your invisemy.

I jumped on top of an invisemy. It pushed him, with me on top of him, about 4 meters. He appeared as a red blip on the radar.

I got some odd carnage in that game. I never actually shot a banshee. The little invisible dudes count as "Anonymous Banshee Pilot".

I also assassinated a little dude, well, Beat Down I guess. It's the assassination medal from Halo 3. I held down the button, guess you can't assassinate them.

Here is the file on my fileshare. It is well worth the watch. Looking down at the little dudes extremely lagged me. My FPS dropped to about 3 frames per second. Odd. There is much more in the video, I'll have to review it later. Watch it, and tell me what I missed!

BTW: I like the name invisemy, but it really is a pain to type. It's so unnatural.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 01:07:24 by Scatcycle »
I feel it

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 10:01:56 »
Invemy?

Too bad Halo physics aren't realistic enough to allow us to use smoke to see the general shape of our little buddy. Wait! What if we can get an Invemy close to an Engy? Then we can see it when it is given shields!

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 15:33:37 »
Invemy?

Too bad Halo physics aren't realistic enough to allow us to use smoke to see the general shape of our little buddy. Wait! What if we can get an Invemy close to an Engy? Then we can see it when it is given shields!
Interesting idea. BTW, that is a lot more natural. Easy to type.

In my video, I went to the hospital, took the jetpack, killed no one, then left. I didn't even overload the jammer. The engy near the jammer was still alive. That engineer is located in the tube structure. From the outside, all you can see is one tree, (one way glass) but you can see the enemies on the radar. Now, it would be extremely hard to drop an invemy onto that tube. Once you had started the hijack process, banshees will start boosting. You would be too far away from the tube.

But. The building I was on, where I got about 9 invemies, what right above that tube. If we could get an invemy up on that huge building I was on, we should be able to push him down to the tube. The only risk is him dying of fall damage. I don't think that enemies have fall damage, but he might splatter himself.

Either way, we must try it. Good idea Night!
I feel it

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 16:49:18 »
But. The building I was on, where I got about 9 invemies, what right above that tube. If we could get an invemy up on that huge building I was on, we should be able to push him down to the tube. The only risk is him dying of fall damage. I don't think that enemies have fall damage, but he might splatter himself.

Either way, we must try it. Good idea Night!
Isn't there also a side mission with an Engy on the rooftop protecting a jammer or something?
I might just be thinking of Kikowani Station if there isn't...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 16:51:02 by Insane Monx »