Author Topic: Time is running out.  (Read 3502 times)

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
Time is running out.
« on: June 21, 2011, 14:39:51 »
We've seen how Bungie has given away key Halo artifacts such as the Star and Bungie nameplates. Blue flames too.
They are leaving Halo, they're giving it away. But not to 343, they are giving it to the fans.

From the recent behaviour Bungie has had about nameplates and such, I have no doubt that they will explain all the mysteries we could never solve. It looks like they don't care about 343, they're not going to leave them anything.

They're probably going to explain everything on Bungie day, or a bit before it. We have to solve things now. Time is running out.

Realize that the Bungie/343 departure as I've talked about in this post is speculation. It could not be true, but it's what I believe, and it makes sense.
I feel it

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Time is running out.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 14:47:19 »
They won't explain any mystery. That's not how Bungie plays.
I am tree.

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 14:50:40 »
There's really no way that giving out blue flames and star nameplates can really screw over te player. They can still save up credits to buy armor and such. Giving away the secrets would do nothing for Bungie. They probably won't tell 343 what the secrets are, to ensure that the fans have to find them as usuall.
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 14:53:09 »
Let's see, they gave away stars that were of great value because only winners of the art contests got them, they got rid of both Bungie
artifacts, and I can only imagine more to come.

Although I do agree that Bungie wouldn't explain a mystery, they do seem to be acting odd. It's like they don't care anymore.

@Night: Star nameplates were given to winners of contests. Bungie put those people in the same hole as the community. They are no longer special. And anyways, 343 are screwed over. Now they don't really have anything left. They're just like the fans.
I feel it

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 17:34:47 »
@Night: Star nameplates were given to winners of contests. Bungie put those people in the same hole as the community. They are no longer special. And anyways, 343 are screwed over. Now they don't really have anything left. They're just like the fans.
Look at it this way.

Bungie created the Halo games we know and love. For the past ten years they've done so. Sadly, they are moving on to a new IP. Bungie decided to give it's community everything it had left (that wasn't a secret), the flames and nameplate that people wanted. They didn't do this to screw over 343, they did this to show the kick-ass community that Bungie actually does love them.

Why would 343 be handing out the Bungie nameplate? Why would they hand out the Blue Flames of the Bungie Employees? Shouldn't Bungie be able to do whatever the hell they want with their baby, since they are leaving the crazy sausage that is Halo? They are leaving Halo forever, and this is just their way of saying goodbye.

Would you not want to be proud to have a Bungie Nameplate and it's sentimental value or criticize the Bungie Nameplate and it's (real?) value?
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 17:46:46 »
Look at it this way.

Bungie created the Halo games we know and love. For the past ten years they've done so. Sadly, they are moving on to a new IP. Bungie decided to give it's community everything it had left (that wasn't a secret), the flames and nameplate that people wanted. They didn't do this to screw over 343, they did this to show the kick-ass community that Bungie actually does love them.

Why would 343 be handing out the Bungie nameplate? Why would they hand out the Blue Flames of the Bungie Employees? Shouldn't Bungie be able to do whatever the hell they want with their baby, since they are leaving the crazy sausage that is Halo? They are leaving Halo forever, and this is just their way of saying goodbye.

Would you not want to be proud to have a Bungie Nameplate and it's sentimental value or criticize the Bungie Nameplate and it's (real?) value?
343 wouldn't hand it out. They'd use it. I'd guess that for that they would just store it. I guess it's fine to give it away since there is no use for it. But flames? Shouldn't the owner of Halo have flames?

The Bungie plate used to be valuable. Not anymore. Bungie can show the "kick-ass" community what they've been doing on aerospace. That would show that they love us, that even though they're leaving Halo, they've got a sweet new game for the fans.

Sure, celebration playlists and all that would be great for their going away, but not handing out nameplates that give a false sense of pride.
I feel it

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 17:58:21 »
Look at it this way.

Very well said.

But even though I don't think Bungie will spoil it, I wouldn't be too sure about 343i...They didn't respect the Canon, why would they care about other Bungieish things? Besides, It almost feels like the BOBs were 343's thing from the very beginning (it was practically them who released the picture of the helmet trough the Defiant Map Pack screenshots).
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 18:10:07 »
Let me try to dissect each section, and please correct my understanding if I get it wrong.

343 wouldn't hand it out. They'd use it. I'd guess that for that they would just store it. I guess it's fine to give it away since there is no use for it. But flames? Shouldn't the owner of Halo have flames?
Wait, so this entire time you were wanting 343 to have something for themselves? The internal group at Microsoft composed of 5 previous Bungie Employees and the rest newbies? If they want something to show that they're 343, why don't they add in that BoB helmet they have on their development build back at the office? And I really doubt Bungie would want to keep those flames for themselves when half the company isn't above Colonel on Reach.

The Bungie plate used to be valuable. Not anymore. Bungie can show the "kick-ass" community what they've been doing on aerospace. That would show that they love us, that even though they're leaving Halo, they've got a sweet new game for the fans.
You mean like they're doing on Bungie day?

Sure, celebration playlists and all that would be great for their going away, but not handing out nameplates that give a false sense of pride.
Some people do take pride in those things, just not the way you might be thinking.

"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 18:17:52 »
Let me try to dissect each section, and please correct my understanding if I get it wrong.

Wait, so this entire time you were wanting 343 to have something for themselves? The internal group at Microsoft composed of 5 previous Bungie Employees and the rest newbies? If they want something to show that they're 343, why don't they add in that BoB helmet they have on their development build back at the office? And I really doubt Bungie would want to keep those flames for themselves when half the company isn't above Colonel on Reach.

You mean like they're doing on Bungie day?

Some people do take pride in those things, just not the way you might be thinking.

1:  You can't add armor to the game. Flames are already in the game, so they could use that.

2: Yes on Bungie day. It's just not necessary to cause inflation.

3. The only pride I can see if being like Bungie. But why the star?
I feel it

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 18:23:01 »
1:  You can't add armor to the game. Flames are already in the game, so they could use that.
Yes, that's right. But why have their own Bungie Flames when they are really just fans of Halo? The reason they are controlling Halo now is only because of Bungie's step 6 of their plan for World Domination. Break off from Microsoft. Which meant someone had to take care of Halo on Xbox only.

Maybe they didn't want only themselves to have the Bungie Nameplate and flames. Not everyone has either of those yet. Star one is in next question.

I don't know Bungie's reasoning for that, you'd have to ask them :/
Edit: And I would only be able to make random suggestions without providing reasoning for my reasoning.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 18:28:29 by Insane Monx »

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 19:17:27 »
1:  You can't add armor to the game. Flames are already in the game, so they could use that.
Yes, that's right. But why have their own Bungie Flames when they are really just fans of Halo? The reason they are controlling Halo now is only because of Bungie's step 6 of their plan for World Domination. Break off from Microsoft. Which meant someone had to take care of Halo on Xbox only.

Maybe they didn't want only themselves to have the Bungie Nameplate and flames. Not everyone has either of those yet. Star one is in next question.

I don't know Bungie's reasoning for that, you'd have to ask them :/
Edit: And I would only be able to make random suggestions without providing reasoning for my reasoning.

1: They aren't fans. They are making Halo. They are developers.

2: Preventing inflation should be a lot higher priority than ones need. Common Good.
I feel it

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 19:23:45 »
Why are we even arguing about this? Was the SGP made to bicker about what rights bungie has to thier game? Let's get back to solving mysteries, people!

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 20:28:34 »
It's a debate, we aren't arguing. I think it's nice that we can do this without having to resort to insults and troll comments.
I feel it

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 21:09:09 »
The debate is getting nowhere. If you want to try and solve all the mysteries in case Bungie reveals them, then why are you debating? Get to work. I'm locking this thread, because anything that needs to be said can be said in the other thread.