Author Topic: ODST Plinths spotted in Halo Legends "Origins"  (Read 4493 times)

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
ODST Plinths spotted in Halo Legends "Origins"
« on: July 07, 2011, 03:58:44 »
My friend has netflix set up at his house, so we we just randomly searched and saw Halo Legends, so we decided to watch it.
This was late at night, and so the following might have just been my level of hyper, but I saw plinths. They look almost exactly like the Plinths we found in ODST.

This youtube video and the segment I've linked to shows the plinths. It is much easier to see on the actual episode. If you have the disc or have netflix, watch it.

You can see the plinths slightly to the sides.
I feel it

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
Re: ODST Plinths spotted in Halo Legends "Origins"
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 04:16:02 »
I...don't see it. Paint this up to help those without imaginations?
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

Nader

• ¿ɯsɐ ʎɯ ʞuıן ʎןpuıʞ noʎ pןnoʍ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 04:16:35 »
I do not see anything  :( can you make a video pointing out where they are?

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 05:26:49 »
I really hope it wasn't just because it was 2:00 in the morning. Note: It is extremely hard to see in this video: I urge you to find some HD way of viewing. Such as a disc or Netflix.

There are many Plinths. But you really need to see them in person.

I feel it

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 12:09:54 »
Not sure if those are Plinths, but Plinths sure as hell are Forerunner!
AWESOME find, Scat!

pic

Maybe we should post something in the Waypoint Forums asking the Admins what Plinths really are? (They won't tell us, but they might give us a clue.)
We would show them how interested we are and we would show pics of us on top of Plinths in the Squidhenge and our discussions about them and our WIP thread for our Guide (to show them we actually discuss and come up with coherent terminology, etc.) and our Guide... Maybe they'd be interested in us and actually lay an eye on our Forum and Site...
We'd have to start rolling more content if that'd happen, but it'd be great!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 12:17:47 by Pulse Cloud »
I am tree.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 12:30:53 »
Maybe we should post something in the Waypoint Forums asking the Admins what Plinths really are? (They won't tell us, but they might give us a clue.)
We would show them how interested we are and we would show pics of us on top of Plinths in the Squidhenge and our discussions about them and our WIP thread for our Guide (to show them we actually discuss and come up with coherent terminology, etc.) and our Guide... Maybe they'd be interested in us and actually lay an eye on our Forum and Site...
We'd have to start rolling more content if that'd happen, but it'd be great!
Yes, we totally should.
BUT, even though it would be awesome and I'm eager to see it happen, I do think we must first update the forum, the site and the registration (also, that content you mentioned). THEN we can do this all. :)
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 12:46:13 »
Yes, we totally should.
BUT, even though it would be awesome and I'm eager to see it happen, I do think we must first update the forum, the site and the registration (also, that content you mentioned). THEN we can do this all. :)
You're absolutely right, but the Updates have to be done by CG, who is unavailable until "nine nine nine nine nine nine ni-" (hurr, Portal 2 rephurance).
I am tree.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 12:49:29 »
Yes, we totally should.
You're absolutely right, but the Updates have to be done by CG, who is unavailable until "nine nine nine nine nine nine ni-" (hurr, Portal 2 rephurance).
Yeah, and that sucks. Still, I think it is worth the wait. And hey, we could still do content, finish the site's look and produce a great strategy about internet domination. :)

(Seriously, if we post awesome stuff and they want to join but can't, THAT sucks.)

EDIT: Oh, and also on the topic: Note the artistic lisense.

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 13:21:58 »
Yes, we totally should.
Yeah, and that sucks. Still, I think it is worth the wait. And hey, we could still do content, finish the site's look and produce a great strategy about internet domination. :)

(Seriously, if we post awesome stuff and they want to join but can't, THAT sucks.)

EDIT: Oh, and also on the topic: Note the artistic lisense.
Again, you're right.

>Oh, and also on the topic: Note the artistic lisense.
What do you mean? (is this me being an English noob?)
I am tree.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 14:47:24 »
Fabulous picture Pulse! It looks perfect. They share some characteristics of plinths, and sure look like them to me.

I agree with all stated above. In the wait for CG, we should finish some of our old stuff, like all the HTML guides.
I feel it

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 15:21:28 »
Wow, Just wow!

I think we might have better luck getting a hold of the artist and asking them where they got the idea rather than get a waypoint(343)/ Bungie employee.

I feel like we should be playing ODST and looking for that center piece.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 16:03:53 »
Pulse, artistic license (if I typed it right)  means the "freedom" of the art the artist makes. Meaning, the plinths could've been just spotted by the artist and added to the video by him/herself, and not by Bungie's/343i's. So it could just be aa coincidence. :/

I think we might have better luck getting a hold of the artist and asking them where they got the idea rather than get a waypoint(343)/ Bungie employee.

Not a too bad idea.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 14:15:31 »
Does anyone have any intel on how New Mombasa was built?
Mainly what I'm interested in, is the Squidhenge. Do you think humans built it when they were building New Mombasa, or do you think it was found, and humans assumed it was some caveman creation or something? I feel like it could be forerunner built, being a marker for the Ark. The plinths lying around do seem to be Forerunner.
I feel it