Author Topic: GRD/ BOB helmet discussion  (Read 9277 times)

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
GRD/ BOB helmet discussion
« on: July 11, 2011, 17:54:56 »
Codes found on LNOS

UNSC GRD M142008.
GRD M01408-G

Possible meanings

The ASCII code for capital M is 77
M14 = DMR
G = 7th letter in the alphabet.

GRD = 7-14-04 (Epic connection)

7-14-04 = On July 18th, 2004, ilovebees.com was launched and gave way to more questions to Halo fans.

GRD?

2.1. Ground Resolved Distance
     Photogrammetric were measuring spatial resolution of aerial photographs using empirical methods long before the first scanning sensor was placed in orbit. These methods integrated properties of the imaging system with the other external factors that determine spatial resolution. Ground resolved distance (GRD) is the parameter of most interest, because it measures the applicability of an image to a specific task. The GRD of an image is defined as the dimensions of the smallest discernible object. The GRD is a function of geometry (altitude, focal length of optics), equipment (internal system spatial resolution of the camera or scanner) and also on reflectance characteristics of the object compared to its surroundings (contrast).

Performance of a film, film and camera, or deployed aerial photography system is measured empirically using standard targets that consist of black-and-white bars of graduated widths and spacing's (figure 6-9 in Slater et al. 1983). The area-weighted average resolution (AWAR) in lp/mm (line-pairs/mm) at the film plane is determined by measuring the smallest set of line pairs that can be discriminated on an original film negative or transparency. Line pairs are quoted because it is necessary to discriminate between one object and another, to detect it and measure it.

Film resolving power is measured by manufacturers under standard photographic conditions (also in lp/mm, e.g. Smith and Anson 1968, Eastman Kodak Company 1998) at high contrast (object/background ratio 1000/1) and low contrast (object/background ratio 1.6/1). Most terrestrial surfaces recorded from orbit are low-contrast, for the purpose of estimating resolving power of film. Kodak no longer measures film resolving power for non-aerial photographic films (Karen Teitelbaum, Eastman Kodak Company, personal comm..), including films that NASA routinely uses for Earth photography.

AWAR can be measured for the static case of film and camera, or for the camera-aircraft system in motion. For example, AWAR for the National Aerial Photography Program includes effects of the lens, resolving power of original film, image blur due to aircraft motion, and spatial resolution of duplicating film (Light 1996). Given AWAR for a system in motion, the GRD can be calculated by trigonometry (see equation A2 3 in section 5in the Appendix, d = 1/AWAR and D = GRD).

An impediment to similar rigorous measurement of GRD for orbital remote sensing systems is the lack of a target of suitable scale on the ground; thus, spatial resolution for most orbiting sensors is described in terms of a less all-encompassing measure, instantaneous field of view (see below). Additional challenges to measuring AWAR for a complete astronaut photography system include the number of different options for aspects of the system including different cameras, films, and orbital altitudes. These elements that must be standardized to determine AWAR provide a useful list of those characteristics of astronaut photography that will most influence GRD.

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: GRD/ BOB helmet discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 18:18:20 »
Oh boy, here we go.
I am tree.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 18:47:43 »
Inb4 coincidences. Oh, too late.

20 bucks says it's on the Anniversary disc.

Sure, maybe people saw it on bungies. Who says that they weren't using the anniversary disc?
I feel it

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 18:58:04 »
Why is Ilovebees.com all jacked up? Is it always like that?

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 19:03:43 »
I believe it was supposed to help fit the theme of a Beekeepers website being hacked.

By the way, I missed Bungie Day. Was the name GRD seen on the webcam or something?
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 19:04:43 »
Yes, the ARG started on that website, but it did not end on that website.
I feel it

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 20:49:32 »
TL;DR. Summarize please.

But I do see the ILB part. I know that it is most likely nothing, but we shouldn't discount it as a possibility. Where did you find this? Pictures?
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 21:06:26 »
TL;DR. Summarize please.

But I do see the ILB part. I know that it is most likely nothing, but we shouldn't discount it as a possibility. Where did you find this? Pictures?

TL: DR part was just something I found while looking up what GRD stood for. everything else can be found during LNOS, no hard drive (YET) so no pictures...

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 18:53:36 »
BTW: I still have seen no proof what-so-ever about this "GRD Helmet". It might just be a rumor...Or not. (Expectations are dangerous people)
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 19:02:15 »
BTW: I still have seen no proof what-so-ever about this "GRD Helmet". It might just be a rumor...Or not. (Expectations are dangerous people)
All we have is pictures, and the Webcam's supposive capture of Tender Loin's armory with the Helmet in it.
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2011, 19:06:17 »
All we have is pictures, and the Webcam's supposive capture of Tender Loin's armory with the Helmet in it.

Which no one has a picture of......

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2011, 19:20:55 »

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to see it, does it make a sound?

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2011, 19:34:19 »

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to see it, does it make a sound?
But the thing is, people were there to see it. I guess you could be referring to proof. No proof, no helmet.
I feel it

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2011, 19:41:34 »
But the thing is, people were there to see it. I guess you could be referring to proof. No proof, no helmet.
If a [GRD Helmet] is seen in [the Webcam] and no one there [captures] it, does it exist?

It's the same argument. I believe people saw it in the webcams, but there is no proof.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 19:50:04 by Insane Monx »

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2011, 19:58:34 »
If a [GRD Helmet] is seen in [the Webcam] and no one there [captures] it, does it exist?

It's the same argument. I believe people saw it in the webcams, but there is no proof.

What if I said I saw the fish bowl helmet or the earth helmet during the pod cast?

Someone thought they saw it or trolled everyone....