Author Topic: General Discussion: Halo CE Achievements  (Read 3783 times)

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
General Discussion: Halo CE Achievements
« on: October 15, 2011, 03:39:01 »
Welcome to the SGP research topic for Halo CE Anniversary achievements.  Replies to this thread should

a)  ONLY regard Halo CE: Achievements
b)  NOT be about a specific achievement.  For that, find the existing topic for the achievement.  Check the "Index" topic for help.

Here is a perfect example of the kind of post that belongs in this thread:

On October 14, 2011, The Halo Waypoint website released the list of achievements in Halo CE Anniversary:
http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/headline/halo-combat-evolved-anniversary-achievements/285109

When the game releases, we'll have to check the Waypoint app on XBL to see which of these achievements unlock items in-game.  I don't believe Bungie ever used a secret achievement in any of their games, but since this wasn't done by Bungie, make sure any achievements you get are on this list!
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion: Halo CE Achievements
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 12:23:06 »
The Index here in "Achievements" board reads
Not all achievement may warrant research/discussion.

So what you are implying is that we should not make an independent thread for every single achievement? I can see that it would flood the place a bit, but should'nt we still do it, IF some discussion would arise, and for the sake of collecting information? Or did I misunderstand you there?
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 15:52:53 »
So what you are implying is that we should not make an independent thread for every single achievement? I can see that it would flood the place a bit, but should'nt we still do it, IF some discussion would arise, and for the sake of collecting information? Or did I misunderstand you there?

I was thinking of achievements such as "Pillar of Autumn", which reads:
Complete the level “Pillar of Autumn” on any difficulty.

For all level completion achievements such as this one, we really may not have a lot to talk about.

I wanted to provide a way for us to "roadmap" the elements of the game which could be researched, and quickly get to those elements without sorting through many different areas of the forum.  The indexes also show us "what is left to be done", so members looking to help out with something know what is still left to research.

So no, I don't have a problem with threads existing for every one.  Just make sure you save some energy for the really big things we need to work on!

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 19:22:52 »
Yesterday (10/19/2011), the 343i folks released an updated "Halo Bulletin" containing the multiplayer achivements:

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/headline/the-halo-bulletin-101911-/290604

A total of 250 gamescore points have been added across the seven new achievements, bringing the game up to a total haul of 1250 GS.

I have added these to our index.

Top Shot - 50 points
Get 3 headshot kills in a row in a matchmade game.

Emergency Room - 15 points
Infect 3 players in a single round in a matchmade Infection game.

Stick it to the Man! - 20 points
Stick and kill the flag carrier with a Plasma Grenade in a matchmade game.

Dive Bomber - 50 points
Perform a Beat Down on an enemy player while using the Jetpack during a matchmade game.

License to Kill - 15 points
Run over 5 people with a Ghost in a matchmade game.

Bounty Hunter - 75 points
Capture 10 skulls at once in a matchmade Headhunter game.

From Hell's Heart - 25 points
Kill an enemy player that sticks you with a Plasma Grenade with their own grenade in a matchmade game.