Author Topic: SGP: Theories - Inaccessible Areas  (Read 34560 times)

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
Re: SGP: Theories - Inaccessible Areas
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 20:53:16 »
Your english is very good then!

I have in mind a few places to try the glyph thing out and some more for mogooses (mongeese?)

Yes a map with every mogoose accessable door would be great! I don't have a map at the moment other wise I would start right away. I can remember a few off hand. When I get the map I suggest we move this to a new topic. We could each have a copy of the map and then mark all the ones we've found and then compare it. Me and you can watch over the thread and make sure we catalog all the spots that every can find. I'm gonna go check every door I come in contact with now...
...this coffee sucks.

VsH Tepec Fett

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Halocreation : French Glitchers Community
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 21:26:29 »
I've got a map for you, if you want :
New Mombasa Streets

Maybe we could note on it :
1) glyphs locations ;
2) security doors that we can cross with mongoose method ;
3) strange places, like the one ColdGlider succeeded to unlock.

Does it sound good for you ?

Tepec
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 17:27:56 by nightcrafter27 »

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 21:34:02 »
Ill use this one for now, thanx!
Im gonna be off for a bit I'll be back later tonight!
...this coffee sucks.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 22:07:17 »
Great work, you guys!

I reviewed Tepec's film, "barrière bleue" while I ate some much needed food.  Although Tepec states that the area doesn't hold much interest, I was pretty intrigued.  For one, he did indeed get to wander around in the dark area of District 09 as well as the areas between the energy barrier and the dark area.   That by itself is pretty darn cool because unlike most previous "get outside the map" antics, this resulted in the ability to wander a truly defined area with new roads, buildings, fountains, etc.  

Secondly, there are two areas I thought were particulary interesting.  I'll post pics once my DVD-R footage has completed processing.  One of them is a freezing subway tunnel and the other is a lit roadway in the shape of a giant Y.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 02:51:05 »
If we could get a map a little less fuzzy and with minimal lines in it. It would be great. Someone elese on this forum offered to make a map. I'm going to see how that goes.
...this coffee sucks.

jag4191

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 03:11:59 »
What you said about drawing a straight line through the map.... it just jogged something i had heard earlier.
Someone over on bungie.net said that his friend had told him that he found something out about "there they are all in a row", could this mean the same thing?

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 04:04:25 »
Um, the only thing that comes to mind is the song about cocnuts from the Lion King...  ;D
...this coffee sucks.

VsH Tepec Fett

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 06:51:19 »
Hi !

That by itself is pretty darn cool because unlike most previous "get outside the map" antics, this resulted in the ability to wander a truly defined area with new roads, buildings, fountains, etc. 

That's why i think those dark areas where completely "modelised" before they pose the missions beacons, and locked those useless areas next to that. And i said there's nothing in these areas, but it was actually quite fun to see that they were "here", and "unlike most previous "get outside the map" antics" , like you said :D

But, as you could see, there's nothing like objects (cars, bus, etc.) or symbols (glyphs, etc.) that could be helpful in your glyph research ..!

About drawing a "line through the map" : someone effectively mentionned on Bungie.net forums that, if we draw some lines going from one "glyphs columns room to another, and from the second to the third"  it could make a perfect "V" ; then he draw another line which was supposed to show that a last columns room was supposed to be in the District 7.
Something like that i remember.

But, if you look at those three district (and probably on district 2 ), you'll see that they are "the same" : same model, with same streets, same buildings, same places, disposed in the same way, etc. So i think this is just a random fact, not "wanted" by bungie.

If you look at the  black districts 1 and 7, you'll see they are the same, to, and black areas in Districts 0 and 9 are the same (again !). So, in theory, if we find a way to go into black district 1, we could probably use the same method to go in the 7 one.

This note may help.

Good night for you ! (it's just 8:51AM in France, so :P )

Tepec

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 07:38:08 »
good point! I noticed that too. As for the grey areas, there isn't even garbage on the ground! I would like to point out that near doors that lead to the normally accessable areas, there is garbage on the ground and some objects nearby the door. I did notice this phenominon near a door to another grey area...
...this coffee sucks.

VsH Tepec Fett

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 07:58:34 »
I'm working on the eventuality of a sword in ODST and on those black areas with my french glitchers community forums, and someone finds an interesting article about another "strange code" : Halo ODST mysteries ... coded "J" Signs ? . That could be another clue ... Again, another mystery without answer !

Tepec

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 08:07:41 »
I noticed those. It looked like brail at first, but after grabbing one of my books, it was evident that it wasn't brail. (don't ask why I have one with brail, I'm just crazy like that) I need nore time to look at those.

Personally, I hope the hackers and glitchers don't find it first, because it would be awesome to actually figure it out through hard work and determination. Much more pride that way!
...this coffee sucks.

VsH Tepec Fett

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 08:44:40 »
Hello again  ;D

I added a video in my file share about that strange area in Sector 5, which is black only if you start the game directly in a mission (i did it with "Uplift Reserve" because it's the shorter one) , and then come back in "New Mombasa Streets". This area isn't black when you start in "New Mombasa Streets" because you start here ! I don't understand why they locked it, but, maybe you'll see on the video something i didn't.
What i saw : some of the huge doors locking the access for district 2 are strange : the panel above these doors is just blank, whereas all the others are normally written "Route Open" or "Route Closed" .
Other thing : there are garbages on this dark area, whereas the others haven't ; there is also a dead marine.

The link to my file share : Barrière bleue3 - in sector 5, near "Tayari Plaza" .
(look with the player "VsH Tepec Fe[1]" , 'cause i was alone to do this video, playing with two players ..!)

I hope this could help,

Tepec

« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:48:30 by VsH Tepec Fett »

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 08:53:29 »
i dont have acces to my xbox atm, but could you tell me how you got into 05? was it over the plasma walls?
...this coffee sucks.

VsH Tepec Fett

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2009, 08:59:12 »
i dont have acces to my xbox atm, but could you tell me how you got into 05? was it over the plasma walls?

Actually ... Yes, again  ;D That's the only way i have at present found, but i'm trying to play in "mythic" difficulty" (i've been almost killed by 2 Jackals ... lol) to see if there are some differences ... For the moment there isn't, but i'm going to unlock the "glyph door" in order to see if there is something new !

Pray for me !

Tepec

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2009, 09:04:29 »
good luck with mythic... I can do okay as long as I pace myself, plan my attacks, and stay the hell away from hunters!
...this coffee sucks.