Author Topic: SGP: Siege of Madrigal  (Read 9184 times)

Ichor

• View Profile
SGP: Siege of Madrigal
« on: October 16, 2009, 18:55:36 »
As you may or may not know, in the previous three Halo games(Excluding Halo Wars), there was always a hidden song somewhere within the game known as the Siege of Madrigal. This song comes from Myth, a previous Bungie title, and is a fairly well known easter egg. Here is a video showing where the song is located in Halo 3 in case you have not heard about it before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biw2yiglKcc

Marty himself has said on his Bungie.net group, The Marty Army, that the Siege of Madrigal is also located somewhere within Halo 3: ODST, has yet to be found, and that out of 10, he would rate the difficulty in which it takes to find the song to be 7/10. I don't know if this song could possibly tie in somehow with the Glyphs and all of that, or if it is completley unrelated, and I guess we wont know until we find it, but either way, perhaps we should start searching for this song. What do you think?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 18:59:46 by Ichor »

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
Re: SGP: Siege of Madrigal
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 04:00:44 »
YES!  Great first post, Ichor... it was worth the wait!  :P

We'll have to dig up a link to Marty's confirmation of its existence.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 02:32:49 »
I searched through Marty's Army some and didn't find his difficulty rating of 7.  I did see that he responded to a post with something like "if you want something to do, go find Siege of Madrigal."  Of course now that I'm looking again I'm not even finding that link. Bungie's forum search... wow.

Anyhow, enough sifting through horrible posts by the Clueless of the Big Forum.  I'm taking action and looking for this thing tonight.  If you feel like joining me, please respond to my party request over on Knights.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:08:53 by nightcrafter27 »

Ichor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 04:10:02 »
It was in this thread right here. http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/2/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=37723518

Not sure what page, but somewhere in there, someone asks him what he would rate the difficulty it takes to find it on a scale of 1 to 10, and he answers with "7".

An interesting note: Later in the thread, someone asks what the difficulty in Halo 3 was to find the Siege of Madrigal on a 1/10 scale, and he also rated that a 7.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 06:20:40 »
LOL- of course.  Seven.  I figured as much when the rating was given the first time.  Stock answer from Bungie staff.

Thanks for digging up the link!  We have made a couple coordinated attempts to find it so far.  We tore apart Kikowani Station.  Searching was also done on NMPD HQ and a little on Oni Alpha.  "Campaign Mode" could technically include Mombasa Streets as well.  Hard to imagine that we wouldn't have already found it there, though.

The hunt goes on...

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 07:32:11 »
Thanks to Ichor's "New Q&A Again" link, my efforts to track down Marty's official statements regarding The Siege of Madrigal in ODST were revitalized.  It helps that I was less sleep-deprived this time around.  I stand by my previous assessment that the B.net forum search needs work; but, hey- B.net rocks in so many other ways.  Anyhow, here are Marty's quotes from The Marty Army (TMA) forum, including links to the sources.  Let's find this thing, people.  

From forum thread "New Q&A Again", Page 1
(http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/2/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=37723518&postRepeater1-p=1):
Q: What did you enjoy most, creating Halo 3's music or creating Halo 3: ODST's music?

A: Sophie's choice again. You folks need to find seige of madrigal.

[Edited on 10.08.2009 3:29 PM PDT by Marty the Elder]

From some whiner's post in the forum
(http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/2/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=37822545):
Ok, ODST contains more than three hours of music. I mixed less than 2 hours for the OST. Live with it. If you really want something to do, find siege of madrigal.

[Edited on 10.08.2009 6:13 PM PDT]

From forum thread "New Q&A Again", Page 3
(http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/2/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=37723518&postRepeater1-p=3):
Q: On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the hardest, how hard will it be to find Seige of Madrigal in ODST if I put some effort into it?

A: 7. I really think TMA should find it.

[Edited on 10.12.2009 9:54 AM PDT by Marty the Elder]

From forum thread "New Q&A Again", Page 5
(http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/2/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=37723518&postRepeater1-p=5):
Q: Is ODST's Siege of Madrigal in its Campaign?

A: Yes, slackers.

[Edited on 10.15.2009 5:20 PM PDT by Marty the Elder]

Q: On a scale of 1 to 10, How hard is it to find the "Seige of Madrigal" Easter egg in Halo 3. Not ODST, Just pain old Halo 3.

A: 7.

[Edited on 10.20.2009 4:00 PM PDT by Marty the Elder]

From forum thread "New Q&A Again", Page 6
(http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/2/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=37723518&postRepeater1-p=6):
Q: do you have to fly a banshee to get to the spot to find the Siege of Madrigal in ODST?

A: Weak.
[Edited on 10.20.2009 4:09 PM PDT by Marty the Elder]

From forum thread 'ODST's "Seige of Madrigal" belived spot?'
(http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/2/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=38102443&postRepeater1-p=2):
Wow, no one's found it yet?? Where's my team?

10.26.2009 4:59 PM PDT

Maybe I should offer some sort of reward.

10.26.2009 4:59 PM PDT

From news item "Ok, contest:" (http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/fanclub1/News/Archive.aspx?mode=news#cid505825):
Ok, contest:
Posted by Marty the Elder at 10/28/2009 2:13 PM PDT

Find it.

First person to send me a film of finding Siege of Madrigal in ODST and still finishing the level gets a signed ODST Soundtrack.

The things I have to do...

From forum thread "Ok, contest" (http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/2/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=38466709):
Find it.

click for full story

10.28.2009 2:13 PM PDT

From forum thread "Ok, contest" (http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/2/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=38466709&postRepeater1-p=2):
Contest over.

Winner!

Actually, there's an interesting twist. You don't have to get to this on Legendary despite the rumors. As a matter of fact, Pyro never plays Siege, but instead plays the thing that only occurs on Legendary where Siege should be playing. Yes, there was a conspiracy of lunatics here at Bungie that got me...

Anyway, nice work. You'll get the soundtrack soon. And there are a bunch of idiots here that thank you.

10.30.2009 1:46 PM PST
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 05:00:51 by ColdGlider »

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 18:58:29 »
Siege of Madrigal

HALO -
"Assault on the Control Room".
If you fly a Banshee to one of the ledges high above the pyramid structure at the end of that level, and stand on the far right hand side, you can hear this track play.

HALO 2 -
"Ivory Tower"
How to get to it:
Stand by the metal door behind the elevator and wait. Attacking the door may also help (if you need to relieve stess, but has no baring on the music), but be aware that the sound is very faint and hard to hear.

HALO 3 -
"The Citadel panorama"
If you make it to the left side of the citadel on a high,perched, corner you will hear the song Siege of Madrigal. If you make it to the right side, you will find the Microsoft Sam Easter egg.

Ichor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 21:32:46 »
I have searched Kikowani station several times and found nothing so far... I am not ruling that out as a possible hiding place for it, but so far, I have not had much luck there.

Can we assume that it is most likely on a level other than Mombasa Streets given the extensive searching we have done on that level thus far? And if so, then which level do you think it is most likely on?

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
  • Lookin' out for pink balloons and cartoon faces
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 22:46:01 »
My guess would be NMPD, perhaps having something to do with the "bridge" that Mickey and Dutch make for Romeo and Buck.  Or maybe you have to stand at the top of the tallest tree in Uplift Reserve for 5 minutes. 

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 22:52:18 »
Wonder if there is any place that all of the characters from the missions touch in MS. Like a focal point. Just a thought..

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 06:12:27 »
I like Enigma's "focal point" thought.  I've tried to pay attention to the progression paths of the characters... and can report that much is left unseen and unexplained.  

Here's a great example by way of question:
Whose pod is sequestered away in a District 04 courtyard?

Either I have blatantly overlooked something, or you can not support your answer with in-game proof.

...but getting back to Enigma's interesting thought.  Let's attack the low-hanging fruit.  Dutch appears on the ground outside District 09 and literally lands right in the middle of a District 09 plaza.  The next time we see him, he's meeting up with Mickey in District 10.  We could probably safely assume that he had to travel through (at least) District 06 even if he used locked District Door 0906-A (see my map).  I don't like to assume.  For all we know, he hitched a ride on a passing Phantom.

If we go with what we actually see in-game, we're left with three areas that we can't directly access via Mombasa Streets:

• High above the NMPD HQ in District 03
  • The "Sunken City" beyond Kikowani Station
  • An exit off the Coastal Highway in District 01

If Enigma's idea leads us to the answer, we're already looking in two of the three most likely places.

SpecOPS

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 19:10:49 »
I saw this on BNET but the hidden song was rated a 7 out of 10 in Halo 3 which just happened to be the 7th level, the Covenant. The only level with a pilotable banshee/hornet. In ODST it was rated a 7 which the 7th level is Kikowani Station, the only with a pilotable banshee as well. I think the focus should be put on this level. I tried most of the areas high on the walls with enough room to land but to no avail. With more people, the better our chance is.

thebraino

• SGP Moderator
  • The info you came here for is on that side... --->
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 20:57:38 »
I think that's one of the best conclusions I've seen in numbers in a long time SpecOPS ; ) lol. Definately worth looking into.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 08:01:33 »
Into the banseesh then! Let's find that song!
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 15:04:32 »
What if its no even in ODST?

I noticed that the muitiplayer 2nd CD has a few new tracks on it. When waiting in the lobby the music kicks in, noticed a few new songs....

Just a thought