Halo ODST > SGP Task Force: Marty

SGP: Siege of Madrigal

(1/8) > >>

Ichor:
As you may or may not know, in the previous three Halo games(Excluding Halo Wars), there was always a hidden song somewhere within the game known as the Siege of Madrigal. This song comes from Myth, a previous Bungie title, and is a fairly well known easter egg. Here is a video showing where the song is located in Halo 3 in case you have not heard about it before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biw2yiglKcc

Marty himself has said on his Bungie.net group, The Marty Army, that the Siege of Madrigal is also located somewhere within Halo 3: ODST, has yet to be found, and that out of 10, he would rate the difficulty in which it takes to find the song to be 7/10. I don't know if this song could possibly tie in somehow with the Glyphs and all of that, or if it is completley unrelated, and I guess we wont know until we find it, but either way, perhaps we should start searching for this song. What do you think?

ColdGlider:
YES!  Great first post, Ichor... it was worth the wait!  :P

We'll have to dig up a link to Marty's confirmation of its existence.

ColdGlider:
I searched through Marty's Army some and didn't find his difficulty rating of 7.  I did see that he responded to a post with something like "if you want something to do, go find Siege of Madrigal."  Of course now that I'm looking again I'm not even finding that link. Bungie's forum search... wow.

Anyhow, enough sifting through horrible posts by the Clueless of the Big Forum.  I'm taking action and looking for this thing tonight.  If you feel like joining me, please respond to my party request over on Knights.

Ichor:
It was in this thread right here. http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/2/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=37723518

Not sure what page, but somewhere in there, someone asks him what he would rate the difficulty it takes to find it on a scale of 1 to 10, and he answers with "7".

An interesting note: Later in the thread, someone asks what the difficulty in Halo 3 was to find the Siege of Madrigal on a 1/10 scale, and he also rated that a 7.

ColdGlider:
LOL- of course.  Seven.  I figured as much when the rating was given the first time.  Stock answer from Bungie staff.

Thanks for digging up the link!  We have made a couple coordinated attempts to find it so far.  We tore apart Kikowani Station.  Searching was also done on NMPD HQ and a little on Oni Alpha.  "Campaign Mode" could technically include Mombasa Streets as well.  Hard to imagine that we wouldn't have already found it there, though.

The hunt goes on...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version