Author Topic: SGP: Siege of Madrigal  (Read 9189 times)

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
  • Lookin' out for pink balloons and cartoon faces
    • View Profile
Re: SGP: Siege of Madrigal
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 15:10:56 »
Do you think it would be tied to the menu music or ought the search of the Mythic multiplayer maps commence?

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 17:09:04 »
main menu.

matchmaking. New music kicks in, so far I have heard 3 distinctly different tracks that are not on H3 or ODST.

Note: I have never heard the Siege of Madrigal...So I wouldn't even know if i heard it already.. ::)

SpecOPS

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 17:54:18 »
It was confirmed to be in the campaign. :)

noobzor

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2009, 05:30:45 »
well,  he DID say it was in campaign...

and those songs you are hearing are in H3's soundtrack already.

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2009, 18:15:52 »
Thoughts on Siege of Madrigal:

Remember the Catch Skull?

The "Catch Skull" can be found on the fourth level, in the first area where you need to destroy the Wraith Tanks. When you enter this area, do not eliminate the Wraith Tanks (The skull appears when the tanks appear, and disappears when the tanks are destroyed). The Skull is located on top of the circular building next to the Anti-Air Tank. You can access the roof using a grenade jump, or jumping on the back of a hog.

Mission 07: Kikowani Station

What if much like the Catch skull you have to NOT kill something:

Engineer Housing Pods - I probably should have counted them, these are littered throughout the chapter and the only time you HAVE to destroy them is at the end of the chapter..Also only at the end of the chapter is GLYPHS..why?

Scarab - Only one of these bad boys, located near the end of the mission. Do you have to kill em?

Some side notes:

Have you noticed the signs around this area? one of them has a picture with 3 people. I will post a picture later..
Whats with the empty garages? don't quote me, but I think there is about 5 of them, containing crates or dumpsters..
Phantom (good guy's) Can you board it? mount a turret? stand on top of it?

Banshees:

Maybe I am just suicidal, but I thought it was a good idea to see if my Banshee could swim and guess what!? They can!!! The banshee CAN be fully submerged just don't go to deep..

Banshee Subs:

It works where ever there is water. I have tested it but didn't try to look for anything. NOTE: Unit of messure you CAN go 1 Banshee deep. If you go 1 and a half or 2 Banshee's deep YOU WILL DIE.
 :P ::) :) :( >:( ;) :o
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 18:49:20 by Phantasm 08 »

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2009, 18:46:06 »
Housing pods: nice idea.
I have never noticed the glyphs in the end (well, I've played it trough only once, so...). Since the track was hidden in the earlier games near the end of the level, I see it possible that it would be found somewhere near the glyphs/end of the level.
...No wait, I'm not sure about H2. Was teh track in it at the end as well?
I suppose that yes, you have to kill "the beetle", but we can try that too.
Saw them in some Asklon's buildings, near a door, if we're talking about the same thing.
I was going to suggest that the Siege of Madrigal would be in one of those garages... Did you check them?
And Banshee subs? I did that accidentally once, and it's wery amusing :D Too bad you can't do the same in "Longshore"...

Very good points Enigma, I think we are getting closer!

Just one thing bugs me:
Q: do you have to fly a banshee to get to the spot to find the Siege of Madrigal in ODST?

A: Weak.

[Edited on 10.20.2009 4:09 PM PDT by Marty the Elder]
Weak. Does he mean it's a bad idea or what? This goes over my comprehension, could someone spell it out to the dum european? ;D
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2009, 19:44:45 »
What Marty meant was that the question was unsporting... or weak.  His answer didn't address the actual question.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2009, 20:08:24 »
I'm pretty sure that your friendly Phantom in Kikowani will always attack and kill the Squid Houses it passes by.  So barring putting your Banshee square in the line of fire I don't see a way around it.  Banshee subs are a great idea, I've tried to do some exploring that way but never got very far.  I think the kill-depth might vary over the level because I've been going along straight/pulling out of the water and randomly died. 

I believe that you have to kill the Scarab at the end of the level for the door to unlock.  BUT what if you managed to blow off the back piece that covers the power core?  If you then managed to get the Scarab's rear to face the friendly Phantom maybe Dutch and Romeo could kill it instead of you.  Maybe something changes in the last tunnel if a NPC kills the Scarab?

Is there any way to get high up in Kikowani without Banshees?  The 'weak' reply from Marty has several different interpretations available...

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2009, 20:30:28 »
Is there any way to get high up in Kikowani without Banshees?  The 'weak' reply from Marty has several different interpretations available...

Maybe we have to go down.

Side note:

Seem like the NPC has no problem murdering you. Found out the hard way. :(

Anubis02

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2009, 03:09:29 »
Hey guys i just finished registering, i have been following your forum for quite some time and i wanted to write a bit of what i have found while looking for the Siege of Madrigal on Kikowani Station, we have to be close at finding this song...

First off in the first area, and i believe the third area as well, there are two towers opposite of each other that have 5 doors on them. here is a picture of the towers in the first area(One tower has a logo with an "e" in it and the tower is across from it with an arrow/triangle logo on it)...

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=99335988

I have discovered with a group of my friends that we can open the 4 doors on the side of the towers but it requires 2 or more people to do so. To make this happen, you have one person land on the upper deck and walk over to the door you wish to enter. Instead of your door opening the door under you will open. once another person enters the room that opens the door you are in front of will open. The same thing happens on both sides of the towers and on all 4 towers. Here are pictures of the doors that i am talking about and inside of the rooms...

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=99337251
http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=99337299
http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=99337381
http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=99337419
http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=99337823
http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=99337909
http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=99337975

Now i do know 2 things for sure about the rooms...
1)These rooms are used to spawn the enemy troops such as grunts, jackals, and brutes(here is a picture showing an example that eneimes spawn in here.http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=99337608). But i do not know why we can open these doors at will with a group of people.
2)There is never anything in the rooms. They are always empty as shown in the pictures.

Ok on to the second thing that i found. In the final pathway of the level (where the glyphs can be found) there is a door about half way thru the passage that when you turn on your VISR Mode, it lights up blue as if it could be accessed or used. Now i know that there is nothing on the other side of the door because while playing the level co-op my friends landed there and checked it out. but all of this has been picking at the back of my mind all day. i really wanted to share it because maybe i am missing something to the puzzle. something that someone else has found or at least i hope...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 03:45:47 by Anubis02 »
As of July 2, 2009 I signed a contract to serve my country for the next 4 years. I signed as a SATCOM Systems Operator-Maintainer for the United States Army and will be shipping to BASIC on Nov. 10, 2009.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2009, 09:57:00 »
Thanks for all of the photos of the Kikowani Doors!  We discovered this on the 18th, and the original post is here:
http://www.gruntspajamas.com/forum/index.php?topic=180.0

We never saw anything come from these doors... but maybe we didn't have enough people.  I don't think we ever had four people occupying the four rooms in one tower at once.

In any event, welcome to the forum!  Thanks for the post!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:24:11 by nightcrafter27 »

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2009, 12:45:57 »
Side note:

Seem like the NPC has no problem murdering you. Found out the hard way. :(

Yeah I was brutally murdered by Mickey a couple times also, we should get that jerk.

I tried submarining around the 1st and 2nd areas and didn't find anything interesting.  However I did notice that there is a door with a green switch that I don't believe has been discussed.  Its directly next to the first Squid House you encounter in the level.  It is green but does not open, I haven't played coop with anyone to see if its opened elsewhere.

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2009, 14:54:59 »
Anyone have a map of the area? Might prove useful.

Anubis02

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2009, 16:12:13 »
Thanks for all of the photos of the Kikowani Doors!  We discovered this on the 18th, and the original post is here:
http://subculturelifestyle.com/forum/index.php?topic=180.0

We never saw anything come from these doors... but maybe we didn't have enough people.  I don't think we ever had four people occupying the four rooms in one tower at once.

In any event, welcome to the forum!  Thanks for the post!

Sorry i guess i have not looked thru all of your forums yet. lol. i leave to the army on november 10th and i really what to at least find the siege of madrigal before i go. i have played 4 person co-op on this level and we have had 4 people in all four rooms together. we also tried having one person in there own indivdiual rooms and also having 2 people in one tower while having 2 in the opposite tower, but no luck. i still believe that there is something to these doors. although bungie uses them to spawn eneimes, why can we open them at will in co-op?
As of July 2, 2009 I signed a contract to serve my country for the next 4 years. I signed as a SATCOM Systems Operator-Maintainer for the United States Army and will be shipping to BASIC on Nov. 10, 2009.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2009, 18:51:43 »
No problem!  The forum is pretty large and there is a lot to catch up on!  I try to keep the Summary of Findings up to date, but that does not include theories.

I, too, would love for us to find the Siege before you ship out to Basic! 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:25:06 by nightcrafter27 »