Author Topic: SGP: New District 06 Map: Bumpable Doors  (Read 1400 times)

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
SGP: New District 06 Map: Bumpable Doors
« on: October 17, 2009, 07:40:52 »

This new map image has been posted to the gallery.

Note that for each door, a globally unique ID number (or GUID) is provided, where global refers to the City of New Mombasa.  In other words, you can use the number outside the context of District 06 and still uniquely identify that door.  For example, "D06-003" will always refer to the tall security door leading into Squidhenge.  Keen observers will notice this is due to each door ID being prefaced with "D06-".  It's not rocket science, but it works.

The District Doors (doors leading between districts) are likewise identified but with a five character prefix instead of only three.  This is comprised of both district IDs that the door connects, in the order in which they are first encountered in the game.  This allows us to use the same identifier for the door in maps of either district it links.  It's also a global ID. 

I have all the doors in this district identified and mapped.  I will probably release a follow-up image (or set of images) including all the doors.  I'd like to wait and see what braino produces with his fancy new computer before I do, since a much larger (higher resolution) "blank" image of the district would be preferred if I am to show all 39+ doors (with their IDs) in one image instead of three.

Finally, the note in the images explains that some new areas are accessible.  I didn't find any showstopping objects in any of the buildings, but there is at least one peculiar (blank) vidscreen in the southwest building.  It's also notable that the catwalks lead to new locked doors.  Perhaps someone will test their accessibility with a Mongoose after they bump.  (Hint, hint.)

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 19:44:50 by nightcrafter27 »
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::