Author Topic: The Official Lord Friendship's BOB Video Guide Thread  (Read 32950 times)

Lord Friendship

• View Profile
Re: The Official Lord Friendship's BOB Video Guide Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 14:11:37 »
Hey, I appreciate all the work you guys are doing.  Something is up with the TotS BOB, I'm just not sure what.

If no one has noticed, I've started putting renders and game stats in my original post, so people can verify that I'm not full of it.  So far Winter Contingency has all of the renders and game stats posted, and I'm still working on ONI.  So, if you want to see a particular BOB from Winter Contingency, go right ahead!  Bnet seems to store rendered films indefinitely, so I think it's a valid verification method.

Also, let me know what you think of the numbering system.  It's a lot easier, but I understand it's a little less accurate.  What I originally used was close to what you guys had, but I'm trying to keep it simple for the video guide.  In any case, the BOBs on ONI are numbered in the same order as the permutations in the "Elite Armor" section of Reach's start menu.  So, 08 is Minor, 09 is Spec Ops, 10 is Ranger, and so on.

Keep it up guys!  Part 1 of the guide will be up soon!

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 16:16:21 »
Well, the QTA guy spawned even though I kill the first BOB. That's a letdown...

Anyways, there should be a BOB hanging around in that film clip. I couldn't find him, maybe you guys can.

Did all the enemies spawn in the level?  It's possible, at several points in this level, to proceed without spawning certain groups of enemies.  Did you use any skips of any sort?
No. Everything spawned.
I feel it

Lord Friendship

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 13:54:59 »
Okay, I finally decided to go ahead and post the first part of my BOB Video Guide.  You can check it out here:

BOB Video Guide Part 1: What is a BOB?

Let me know what you think!  I kept going back and making changes, but eventually I decided to just post it, rather than spend forever making it "perfect".

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 18:09:15 »
Okay, I finally decided to go ahead and post the first part of my BOB Video Guide.  You can check it out here:

Let me know what you think!  I kept going back and making changes, but eventually I decided to just post it, rather than spend forever making it "perfect".
Very nice indeed.
I am tree.

CIA391

• Caps are cool I'm wearing one now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 19:37:06 »

Though I'm not one for the legend of the BOB's, it's something that I never took too.

The video is still good, and I'll see what happens.
A frog once said if you read this you'll die but how would he know you'll die. He's a frog and frogs can't talk. Who would listen to this frog. So to read this he just wasted your life for a few minutes meaning you are closer to dying anyway so the frog was telling the truth but frogs can't talk?

Lord Friendship

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 13:49:40 »
Thanks for the feedback on the first video guide!  I'm glad it was well-received, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Just as an update: still trying to track down that one last ONI BOB (Spec-Ops, Atrium).  But, as a result of my repeated playthroughs, I just crossed 200 Legendary BOB kills!

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/careerstats/medals.aspx?player=Lord%20Friendship&vc=4&df=3

Of course, using the Target Designator on ONI to speed through the level over & over has also put me over 100 Killionaires.  It's not boosting!

Don't forget to check out the TotS BOB Hunt thread.  Some very interesting theories over there!

UPDATE: ONI Spec-Ops Atrium BOB wiped out!  Renders to come!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 17:51:55 by Lord Friendship »

Lord Friendship

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 11:38:12 »
While making film clips for future rendering, I got some pictures of the ONI BOBs.  Since I so rarely see all of them, I thought I'd put them all into two images.

Click to embiggen!

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2011, 16:50:14 »
Nice work on those images, LF!  Much earlier in the year I made what I thought was a really cool film clip showing the B-02 continually respawning in different armor- and I made sure it went through all 8 permutations.

When I dug it up to put it on my fileshare, I discovered an somewhat ugly "security" feature of Reach:  you cannot upload film clips that were made while you were offline.   >:(

So if you find yourself spending a weekend alone somewhere without an internet connection but with your Xbox, don't plan to spend that time making awesome videos in Theater Mode.  Because you'll have to invite people over to your house to see them!

So either I record it for YouTube or recreate it.  I'll probably recreate it.  It's pretty cool to see, in my opinion.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2011, 14:02:01 »

Let me know what you think! 

I finally got the time to sit down at a PC with access to YouTube and watched your first BOB Video Guide entry:  well done!

This should go a LONG WAY to getting the public up-to-speed quickly with the truth about our favorite wily rangers.

I was happy to see that our GO Challenge video on YouTube was cited as a source, complete with link.  I'm very happy that our work has been symbiotic. 

Thanks also for the credit at the end!  My only little suggestion would be that if interaction with our forum lends assistance to your future videos (and I hope it does!), it might be nice to simply credit "The SGP" or "gruntspajamas.com" instead of individual members.  We're a team!  ;)

Your voiceover voice was also very professional- an even, matter-of-fact tone.  Classy!

I raise my glass to our future collaboration!
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Lord Friendship

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2011, 01:52:18 »
I'm glad you liked it!  I'll be sure to credit the group in the future, probably a nod to SGP and HBO at the end of each one.

If you haven't seen it, there's another link in the description for the video (there's a lot, I know...) that points to a new video showing the mystery helmet doll on Battle Canyon again.  This time, it gets bumped by a pink Spartan (about 20 seconds in) showing that it has physical interactions; I'm guessing it's hiding up in that room, and can be dropped down by an explosion.  Can't wait to get HCEA and find it!  That and the "grunt in a barrel" on Damnation.

Part 2 coming soon!  I'd like to have up to Part 4 out by the time HCEA launches, but we'll see.  Most of the footage is done, I just need to find the time to sit down and put it together!

Lord Friendship

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2011, 18:58:31 »
Part 2 is now up!  Check out my tips for taking down the Winter Contingency BOBs on Legendary here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zdHL3SUvAo

Let me know what you think!

Lord Friendship

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2011, 19:32:47 »
Also, is anyone here playing Reach on a PAL system?  ColdGlider, was your video guide made on a PAL system?  I suspect that the spawns and behaviors of the BOBs varies slightly between NTSC and PAL, but I'm not sure.

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2011, 20:55:54 »
Also, is anyone here playing Reach on a PAL system?  ColdGlider, was your video guide made on a PAL system?  I suspect that the spawns and behaviors of the BOBs varies slightly between NTSC and PAL, but I'm not sure.
The system available in my country is PAL. If you have a PAL-specific theory I can test, do tell - I'll try to manage some time to do it.
I'm actually kind of sad I haven't been helpful, but I've always got so much work to do it's impossible to spend time in ghost hunting (and I need my bi-weekly fix of multiplayer Slaying).

But still, if there is something only I can test, I'll be glad to do it.

PS: Differences between NTSC and PAL are not far-fetched at all - I remember a jump/shortcut on AotCR only NTSC people could do in Halo: CE.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 04:27:00 by ColdGlider »
I am tree.

Lord Friendship

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 01:14:11 »
The system available in my country is PAL. If you have a PAL-specific theory I can test, do tell - I'll try to manage some time do do it.
I'm actually kind of sad I haven't been helpful, but I've always got so much work to do it's impossible to spend time in ghost hunting (and I need my bi-weekly fix of multiplayer Slaying).

But still, if there is something only I can test, I'll be glad to do it.

PS: Differences between NTSC and PAL are not far-fetched at all - I remember a jump/shortcut on AotCR only NTSC people could do in Halo: CE.

The easiest way to check would be for you to take pictures of the BOB spawns on Winter Contingency, and we can compare those to the ones in my video.  Any difficulty works, just grab a pic before they become aware of your presence.

Lord Friendship

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 19:24:14 »
BOB Video Guide Part 3 will be up tomorrow, if everything goes as planned.  The link in the OP won't work right now, so be patient!