Author Topic: The Official Lord Friendship's BOB Video Guide Thread  (Read 33086 times)

Lord Friendship

• View Profile
Re: The Official Lord Friendship's BOB Video Guide Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2012, 21:38:25 »
Wait, a human 'BOB'? Are you talking about the QTA marines, because I don't follow.

Just a human with the service tag BOB.  It's actually just the nickname of some poor Bungie employee... I got him in a BOB run on ONI too.  I shoot him when I can, just in case.

I can't view either of those games   :(

Good job on the Bob series, I know you still have to do the Lone Wolf one, but those videos are really helpful. Thanks for making them, I'll definitely post them in threads on Bungie.net and Halo.xbox.com when they're needed.

P.S. What is that at the end of the PoA video?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Waypoint's game stats functionality yet.  Maybe only I can view them?  I hope that's not the case, I had been using game stats as a quick way for people to verify I've actually gotten BOB in a zero-death Legendary game.  Without that, they would have to watch the whole video (about 25 minutes for Exodus).

The little bit at the end of the PoA video is just me doing the jump to the Mass Driver in reverse.  I didn't have a fun clip to put at the end, so I did that.  It's a very old clip, I tried (many, many times...) to nail the jump shortly after RC Master discovered it ages ago.  Sorry if it's lame, I think the bonus clip(s) at the end of my next video will be much more enjoyable...

Lord Friendship

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2012, 11:13:20 »
This is it!  The final chapter of the BOB Video Guide, covering Lone Wolf's sole BOB.  Also, I provide as much strategy as I can think of to those who might want to succeed at this punishing level.

BOB Video Guide Part 11: Lone Wolf (YouTube)

I can't believe it's done!  Thank you guys for all the help, motivation, and kind words over the months.  I hope you feel that these guides fill the void of a comprehensive, evidence-based BOB guide that was so sorely missing before.

Don't worry, I'm still not done!  I am still (slowly) working on taking out each BOB in a Legendary, no-death, full-run game wherein I access all DataPads for the level.  I plan to do this first for the 48 Legendary BOB spawns excluding Lone Wolf, and the 7 Heroic spawns on Winter Contingency (apparently the Concussion Rifle BOBs and Plasma Repeater BOBs are separate spawns, making 14 for the level).  After that, I may or may not beat the game on Mythic before tackling the Lone Wolf BOB.  I figure this should either prove or disprove with certainty the existence of any special ending related to the BOBs.

I'm not sure how long that will take, but I'll keep you guys updated... don't hold your breath!  Let me know what you think (and be sure to stick around to watch the WHOLE video)!

Edit: Just to keep you guys up to speed on my progress, I've killed BOBs 01-31 and 37-39 in Legendary no-death full-run games.  I'm working on New Alexandria now, I have a strategy but I need the stars to align, so to speak.  I'll probably be doing LNoS just before Lone Wolf; that level is going to be tough.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 13:49:43 by Lord Friendship »

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2012, 21:34:40 »
Nice job on the video. That was really informative, I didn't previously know some of the things you talked about, like there only being one Focus Rifle elite on LW. Great video!
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2012, 17:35:42 »
Lord Friendship,

Excellent job! And sorry for this late congratulation. :)

I am very, very glad someone finally made a throughout guide of the BOBs. I can only imagine how many hours it took you, and how much blood, tears and sweat it consumed. I just hope I would've helped you much more along the way..but, well, I didn't. So, my Lord ;), enjoy your glory and the fruits of your work, for they are marvelous and excellent in every way! ^^
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Lord Friendship

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2012, 22:17:54 »
Hey there, I created a new video to showcase a much easier way to get the Atrium BOB on The Package, aka BOB 45.  It might also be a useful speedrun tactic, but that remains to be seen.

Halo: Reach BOB Video Guide - BOB 45 Ghost Method [HD] (YouTube)

There's also a bunch of information on my personal BOB quest on HBO:

New BOB Video, and BOB Hunt Update! (HBO)

In other news, I'm sorry to say that I probably won't be posting here anymore.  If you need to get a hold of me, the best ways are probably to leave a comment on YouTube, or comment on the BOB Video Guide Thread on Waypoint.  Thanks for all the help, and good luck in your future gaming explorations!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 17:41:39 by Scatcycle »

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2012, 02:00:06 »
That's a shame to hear. And it's a shame because the links to your videos are broken :P Edit: Thanks Scat.

But truly. It's sad to know that you are leaving us, but it's good to know that you're still out there. It was good knowing you while it lasted, so I say so long and thanks for all the fish*!

I'll be sure to try to follow your Youtube account. Better yet, I'm sure you can use another subscriber :)

*By fish I mean help. Sweet, fishy, help.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 02:35:02 by Insane Monx »
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare