Halo Reach > BOBs

BOB 6-S-01 (The Beach BOB)

(1/4) > >>

ColdGlider:
I wanted to share an idea about the Beach BOB.  There are multiple check points at the beginning of LNoS, with more than a few scripts that get executed before you even enter the building.  I'm wondering if the insta-despawn behavior is occurring because the BOB script checks for an objective state that is not being met.

Lord Friendship has deduced that the insta-despawn behavior occurs when the BOB tries to spawn at the same time as the pier dropship is leaving.  And he's done so much work on that, I'm sure this is a correct observation.  But would it still happen if you never entered the launch facility, thereby triggering the first objective?

In that mission, you don't get an actual objective set up in your start menu until you walk into the base.  You can walk up to the DMRs, go visit and kill the wraith on the pier, and basically anything else you want to do without triggering an objective- provided you keep out of the base.  You do get a waypoint marker set, but if you check the start menu you'll see that there is no current objective.

So perhaps running into the building to get the rockets (thereby triggering the objective to get to the Sabers) is messing everything up.  The BOB might be spawning "out of order" of its intended sequence, the logic checks and sees that it should not have spawned, so it cleans itself up the second it spawns. 

I've had no luck getting the Beach BOB to spawn recently, but I'll keep trying.

LF, your input here will be invaluable if you can stomach talking about this darned BOB any more!

EnigmaBiz:
Haven't seen any map concerning BOB's or maps in general. I would suggest trying to get out of map and taking some Ariel shots so that the area can be mapped properly. Doing this might also allow you to locate the drop pod for the bob way before it even crashes down, this may also show you what triggers it...

OR I WILL CONTINUE TO DO THIS!!! (attached)

Side note: My online is currently disabled...Seems to be the work of the Covenant..I mean Comcast.

Scatcycle:

--- Quote from: EnigmaBiz on October 26, 2011, 22:20:55 ---Haven't seen any map concerning BOB's or maps in general. I would suggest trying to get out of map and taking some Ariel shots so that the area can be mapped properly. Doing this might also allow you to locate the drop pod for the bob way before it even crashes down, this may also show you what triggers it...

Side note: My online is currently disabled...Seems to be the work of the Covenant..I mean Comcast.

--- End quote ---
Maps are pretty useless in linear levels. If we show you a picture of the place and you miss it, you probably won't find the BOB anyway. We should have a map for New Alexandria, though.

EnigmaBiz:

--- Quote from: Scatcycle on October 26, 2011, 22:50:37 ---
--- Quote from: EnigmaBiz on October 26, 2011, 22:20:55 ---Haven't seen any map concerning BOB's or maps in general. I would suggest trying to get out of map and taking some Ariel shots so that the area can be mapped properly. Doing this might also allow you to locate the drop pod for the bob way before it even crashes down, this may also show you what triggers it...

--- End quote ---
Maps are pretty useless in linear levels. If we show you a picture of the place and you miss it, you probably won't find the BOB anyway. We should have a map for New Alexandria, though.

--- End quote ---

MAPS USELESS?

Scatcycle:

--- Quote from: EnigmaBiz on October 26, 2011, 22:58:39 ---
--- Quote from: Scatcycle on October 26, 2011, 22:50:37 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

MAPS USELESS?

--- End quote ---
When there's a set path, and you can't go anywhere but that path, yes, maps are useless.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version