Author Topic: BOB 8-S-02 (Second BOB Spawn on 'New Alexandria')  (Read 4197 times)

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
BOB 8-S-02 (Second BOB Spawn on 'New Alexandria')
« on: November 14, 2011, 11:31:18 »
The Golden Tree City daily challenge appeared (for the second time ever) on Sunday 2011.11.13, and I was able to record two separate video confirmations.  The  first one is the usual "Club Errera" spawn that brought Banshee BOBs to our attention at the beginning of the year.  It's been well documented on YouTube.

The second one is a completely different spawning point.  This one spawns behind your mission starting point (a circular landing platform) and was actually documented previously over here by "Cox" at French fan site www.halocreation.org.  Cox labeled it "4ème BOB" which translates to "4th BOB" in English.

Since we haven't yet confirmed the same four spawns they have listed (and two look the same, but with differing flight paths) I decided to number this as the second spawn, not the fourth.  So BOB 8-S-02 is born, and has been added to the Encyclopedia BOBtannica thread.

We can still (and should!) confirm the other two Halocreation spawns with "Golden Opportunity" and "If It Bleeds..." when they appear.

I'll get the video up as soon as time allows.  Did anyone else cash in the Golden Tree City challenge?
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Lord Friendship

• View Profile
Re: BOB 8-S-02 (Second BOB Spawn on 'New Alexandria')
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 15:27:42 »
I wimped out and grabbed the Club BOB spawn, as I didn't have time to track down another one.

As an interesting side note, if this level has four unique BOB spawns, and there's a fifth BOB on TotS, there are 49 total unique BOBs in Reach.

7 x 7 = 49

And of course, seven is Bungie's favorite number.  Just something to consider.

Look forward to seeing that video!

Lord Friendship

• View Profile
Re: BOB 8-S-02 (Second BOB Spawn on 'New Alexandria')
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 20:35:57 »
If anyone wants to see, I've posted videos of all four flight paths on New Alexandria in the OP for my BOB Video Guide.  Furthermore, I contacted Dan Miller and had the number of spawn points verified (he said there's four).  He also clarified that the script basically waits 5, 6, or 7 minutes and then picks one of the spawn points at random to make a BOB.  If the player doesn't kill one, the game waits another 5, 6, or 7 minutes and then spawns another BOB at one of the spawn points.  Very interesting!