Author Topic: Brute AI goes Neutral (Near Plinth?)  (Read 2314 times)

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
Brute AI goes Neutral (Near Plinth?)
« on: November 18, 2011, 18:27:32 »
On the level Mombasa Streets, I was trying to get a Brute to come face to face with the Super Glyph in the first weapons cache. The one with two mongooses. In the next district there is an open area, where a Phantom comes in to land. It drops off several Brutes and some Jackals you have to fight. I kept the door connecting the weapons cache district and this district open by putting a mongoose in the way of it. After many attempts, I finally got a Brute to berserk. I killed the other Brutes and guided the berserker to the weapons cache. Unfortunately, nothing happened.

I then guided it towards the door you can open to get near Dare's Recon Helmet. Inside that room is Plinth Delta. Once inside, right next to the plinth, the Brute stopped attacking me. It could look around and make noises, but It would just stand there, without a weapon. He was still in berserker mode, just not moving. Or attacking. I could push him, he just wouldn't attack.

After a while, I pushed him to the other side of the hallway, where there's another door leading to the outside world of New Mombasa. I pushed him right up to the door, and opened it. He immediately ran outside, with his back turned to me. He seemed to be unaware of me, and just wanted to run away. I shot him in the leg to get his attention, and he came back and started to attack me. I brought him inside, and even with the door shut, he was still attacking me. I brought over to the general area of the Plinth and he stopped attacking me. Back to his neutral state.

I think I tested it twice, and with the Plinth in its original spot, the Brute would always attack me at the other door. I brought the plinth over to that door, and tested it a couple times. He would not attack me at that door when I had the plinth next to it.

He remained an Enemy throughout the whole thing. Whenever I placed the Reticle on him, it was red.

The video is here, and it happens 10 minutes in so I strongly suggest you guys check it out.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 18:44:39 by Scatcycle »
I feel it

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Brute AI goes Neutral (Near Plinth?)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 01:23:12 »
Neat. How about someone try moving Plinth Delta to a place further from its "spawn point" and test if it still happens? I would do it right now, but it's 1:25AM.
I am tree.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 01:26:10 »
Neat. How about someone try moving Plinth Delta to a place further from its "spawn point" and test if it still happens? I would do it right now, but it's 1:25AM.
Tonight whenever I have time I'm going to bring the Plinth into the next district to where the Phantom drops enemies off. We'll see what happens.
I feel it

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 09:44:38 »
Iiiiinteresting.
Has anyone actually taken a plinth into a direct contact with an enemy before? Could this calming method work also for other than Berserks?
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...