Halo ODST > Theorizers

It's a game. And I know exactly how to play it.

(1/2) > >>

Scatcycle:
A while ago, in a thread about the squidhenge, I talked about how Engineers would pace back and forth in a set path if you stand on the highest stone in the squidhenge. I didn't think much of it.

Now I realize, it's a game. It's this. Now I know that image may look a bit complicated. Once you get to know it, it's not. Every stone faces one wall. If you stand on a stone, the Engineers will travel on the path that it's facing. Along the wall you're looking at. The smallest stone, the one you grenade jump onto, is facing a corner. This is also a corner where Engineers can switch walls. If you stand on this stone, the engineers will go and sit into the corner behind the Mono Sad stone, and then stay in that general area.

Using quick jumping, you can make the Engineers go in a triangle. I repeated this at least 4 times, and even made travel the opposite way.
So basically, jump on a stone, and whatever wall it's facing, the engineers will travel along it.

We know  how to play this game, but how do we win it?

nightcrafter27:
It may just be the way you drew the lines, but it seems possible to force the engineers to make the shape of a Y glyph. Possibly do that, then stand on the shortest column?

Scatcycle:

--- Quote from: nightcrafter27 on November 19, 2011, 21:02:04 ---It may just be the way you drew the lines, but it seems possible to force the engineers to make the shape of a Y glyph. Possibly do that, then stand on the shortest column?

--- End quote ---
Note that the engineers can only travel on the outer lines. There is a set triangle they can pace on. I don't think you can make a Y glyph with a triangle, but if you can, show me how. I have seen an engineer cut through the inside of the triangle to get to another target. I don't know why it did that. I was jumping around, but the engineers only move in whichever direction you're facing once they've reached their first destination.

Pulse Cloud:
I tried it on Easy. I did notice some cooperation, but not enough to be able to say that my actions determined their paths.
Maybe I was doing it wrong.

nightcrafter27:
Sorry for being vague, I meant more of a 'parts of the glyph'... Time for another confusing description, Nightcrafter style! I will be referring to Scat's image for directions and such. First you would have the engineer go down, then back up the red path, making the vertical part of the glyph. Second, have it go up, then down the blue path, making the right arm.. Thirdly, up then down the green path making the left arm. Then possibly have it chill in the yellow area, like the sad mono glyph.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version