Author Topic: Glyph Representations  (Read 1183 times)

wc_spook

• View Profile
Glyph Representations
« on: October 09, 2009, 10:39:54 »
Hi all. I'm pretty new to the whole glyph thing, and haven't really had a chance to look over all of the information available. Additionally, I probably won't get a chance to test any ideas in the near future (I have very important university exams coming up in about 4 or 5 weeks...), so all I can offer is theoretical stuff that others might be able to look at.

Anyway, from what I've seen, the glyphs feature a Y-shaped component, which can have any combination of the 'gaps' filled with a superintendent logo. I was thinking that this could represent an 8-word 3-bit binary code - each position could correspond to a particular bit (either the first, second or third position), with the presence of the logo indicating a 1, and the lack of logo indicating a 0.
This gives the following 8 numbers in binary (with the corresponding decimal number in parentheses):
000 (0)
001 (1)
010 (2)
011 (3)
100 (4)
101 (5)
110 (6)
111 (7)

I have no idea if this is accurate or even remotely true, but it might shed some light on the reasons for certain patterns in certain regions - it might be that the particular combination in a district corresponds to the district number in some way? (Can't remember how many districts are available at the minute...)
Additionally, I wouldn't know how to generate the number - which position is the 1st, 2nd or 3rd bit?

Anyways, just a little food for thought, if anyone would like to investigate the idea.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
Re: Glyph Representations
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 13:23:21 »
Thanks for dropping by with your thoughts, Spook!  That's an interesting non-character encoding theory.  Perhaps it ties to the Jotun banners.  In any event, welcome aboard!
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::