Halo ODST > SGP Task Force: The Librarians

Reuploading Live Action Trailers

(1/1)

nightcrafter27:
I'm not going to be drawing too many connections in this post, I'm merely sparking conversation     Earlier today, Bungie seems to have reuploaded several of their live action trailers on to youtube. I have seen Landfall, Starry Night, and Believe, but Hunted is a new one for me. I was reminded of one of Halo 3's taglines at the end of this video:

I think everyone knows which wall I'm referring to here. With Hunted's main theme of going dark to avoid detection, ODST seems to be linked to this video, even though it was released for the previous installment in the Halo series.

Insane Monx:
Here's the live action trailer :)

It's a good trailer. It could be making a connection to ODST, or could be ODST making a reference to Halo 3, like it does with the other writings on the walls. Thanks for sharing, I didn't know this video existed.

Imppa:

--- Quote from: Insane Monx on May 12, 2012, 17:13:32 ---Thanks for sharing, I didn't know this video existed.

--- End quote ---
Same here, thank you for this. :)

However, the connection between this and ODST is quite feeble..not only because it seems improbable by gut feeling, but also because, well, ODST isn't about "hiding", is it? It's much more about Lone Wolf guerrilla warfare in the dark, which surely isn't the case here. :P

nightcrafter27:

--- Quote from: Imppa on August 12, 2012, 17:41:16 ---
--- Quote from: Insane Monx on May 12, 2012, 17:13:32 ---Thanks for sharing, I didn't know this video existed.

--- End quote ---
Same here, thank you for this. :)

However, the connection between this and ODST is quite feeble..not only because it seems improbable by gut feeling, but also because, well, ODST isn't about "hiding", is it? It's much more about Lone Wolf guerrilla warfare in the dark, which surely isn't the case here. :P

--- End quote ---

I found it interesting that Bungie, who almost always does everything for a reason, had re-uploaded these trailers. The fact that 'Believe' was used as the tagline for that particular trailer, instead of 'Finish the Fight', caught my eye. It made sense in my head to connect ODST's running around in the dark with Hunted's darkness.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version