Halo 4 > Halo 4 General Discussion

Catherine Halsey Research Excerpts

(1/1)

Phantasm 08:
Located in one of the pieces of the wreckage of the Dawn at the beginning of the level Requiem is a computer monitor on its side with a prompt to "access log entry."  I took pictures of the entire entry subtitles and will transcribe them here, and I recommend that the rest of you also keep an eye out for this and any other log entries that we may find.  It pertains directly to what I can only assume is Cortana, yet Halsey only refers to her as H-1.  You'll see what I mean when I post the transcription.

Spoiler in this next line, so unless you've finished the campaign, look at your own risk!

It may even be possible to unlock a separate ending and save Cortana from rampancy if we find all of the logs, similar to the audio logs in ODST.    Just my thoughts.

Phantasm 08:
System: Catherine Halsey Research Excerpt. 11 February 2550. 

Dr. Halsey: The interesting factor here isn't that H-1 disabled the viral termination code I implanted in her matrix. 

Dr. Halsey: These metrics imply its success wasn't just unlikely, but that even the accepted 7-year life cycle estimates may not apply. 

Dr. Halsey: Thus far, I've determined that the unique circumstances of her creation have triggered what I can only refer to as a recessive variant in the AI seed. 

Dr. Halsey: As her architect, I'm currently at a loss as to the origin of this rogue element. 

Dr. Halsey: Very curious. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version