Author Topic: Security cameras and district 2?  (Read 1169 times)

noobzor

• View Profile
Security cameras and district 2?
« on: October 19, 2009, 01:02:04 »
So I was wandering through the streets of mombassa tonight and I ended up in dare's crash site.  I went to the superglyph wall and nothing was there.  However, directly across from that spot there is a security camera.  To the left of the security camera is a door.  Here's a screenshot I took:

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=98461770

As you can see, the control panel is highlighted in blue, suggesting that it can be opened like the security doors.  However, it will not open as it is red.  I found this interesting because this is situated next to district 2, one of the unaccessible ones.  I tried to bump it out, and that didn't work.  I find this more interesting because I generally cannot bump usable security doors, but I can bump locked ones...

Perhaps some process will get this door to open?  I find it interesting that there is a security camera right next to it as well, as I have found those cameras near many security doors.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
Re: Security cameras and district 2?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 01:19:38 »
If you start the "Mombasa Streets" CM and save the "Tayari Plaza" mission for last, when you complete it you will find yourself locked in District 5 with a beacon to the Data Hive mission situated on that door.  That may be why the button is there.

There are six possible entries to the Data Hive from Mombasa Streets.  It has not been confirmed yet, but I'm guessing that all six show buttons like the one you found.  Wanna help test this?!?  Check out ApolloDoom's image of the entry to Data Hive in District 3 here in the Gallery.  A simple trip back there in Mombasa Streets will tell us. 

I'll make a District 05 album and upload your image to it- thank you!  If you want to take more images of the "Data Hive Doors", please share them!  It would be nice to have a whole collection of them in the Gallery for everyone's reference.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

noobzor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 01:04:45 »
so much for my theory then  :laugh:

I would like to help, but unfortunately my xbox is currently in for repairs  >:(

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 08:02:27 »
Hey!  No problem.  I got around to making that album yesterday, so you can compare the images here with what you reported.  Please let us know if this is what you saw.

Sorry to hear you're in 360 limbo.  :(
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

noobzor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 05:15:53 »
yeah, those are exactly what I saw.  that theory is pretty much defunct then. :P