Author Topic: SGP: Report - Kikowani Secret Rooms  (Read 1229 times)

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
SGP: Report - Kikowani Secret Rooms
« on: October 19, 2009, 08:55:17 »
In the early hours of October 17th, I was searching around the campaign mission "Kikowani Station" for the Siege of Madrigal.  In the process, I noticed many doors with green lights that could not be entered.  When I walked up to some of them, I noticed I heard the sound of a door opening.  As it turns out, the large corporate towers in Sections 1 and 3 of this level all have an arrangement of doors where one is directly below another (on a separate platform.)  When you walk up to the top door, the bottom door opens!  There are five "secret rooms" in each tower, four of which are easily accessed using this discovery.

I have taken snapshots of these doors and uploaded them to our gallery here.  You can confirm this by walking up to one of the doors yourself and then viewing from the floating camera in Theater Mode.  The first four sets of doors are in the starting area... just snag a Banshee and head for the towers.  

SGP members Anonymous, ApolloDoom and Nox have all helped test these doors since my discovery of them.  (Thanks, guys!)  With two people in the mission, you can gain access to both doors in the pair.  Once someone is in the bottom room, the top door will open as well!  If you move to the back of any of these rooms the door will close.  It'll open right up again if you approach it.  Many of the doors sound a small alarm sound when activated.

It's very peculiar placement of door triggers.  It seems that these rooms were constructed as spawning areas for Brutes and Grunts... but why set the triggers so strangely?

You can sometimes access the "middle" or fifth secret room on the upper platform if you're fast enough.  These middle doors are often open as the enemies are attacking you.

So far, no new music (or any other interesting finds) in any of these secret rooms.  :(

Currently, I have a short demonstration film in my B.net file share:
http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=98502306
It's short and you can quickly forward to the 3:00 mark and see this happening.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:12:58 by ColdGlider »
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SGP: Report - Kikowani Secret Rooms
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 11:52:33 »
Nice find, but my guess is that there isn't anything too important in them. Still the triggers may have something to tell (maybe?)...

The hunt continues.
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
Re: SGP: Report - Kikowani Secret Rooms
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 21:30:36 »
I find that if you can get covenent to go near spawn doors they open for them. I've been those rooms by getting grunts to run from me and toward the doors.

I don't know how many spawn doors there are to be found but it's still fun to go places that your not supposed to!
...this coffee sucks.