Author Topic: Halo 4 Glyphs  (Read 4848 times)

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
Halo 4 Glyphs
« on: November 19, 2012, 00:43:00 »
I've got to say... the internet has not done much justice to the whole Waypoint glyph code thing.  The best thing out there is a cheat sheet with the codes... which sucks.

I'm more like fvagelis over here who wants to figure it out on his own but was likewise thrown off by the lack of a definite "Section 3 NEWS" item on halowaypoint.com. 

In my humble opinion, the community needs a clear "Hint Guide" to unlocking the Classified Archives, rather than a straight up cheat sheet.

Anyone interested?  Mods can use the batsignal if they wish.

PS: hope all is well out there.  We will have to stage a belated SGP Day before the end of the year.
PPS: gratz to Nightcrafter who found and decoded a hidden message I placed in an image years ago.   :o
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
Re: Halo 4 Glyphs
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 06:57:16 »
Hidden frame at end of Spartan Ops Season 1 Trailer, attached.

Captain Gherjsz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 07:48:38 »
The backgrounds of the two "Classified" images match the images for the Spartan Ops chapters that they are associated with.

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 17:12:18 »
Getting a little lonely there, CG? :) I did do a double take when I saw that username.

I haven't seen any of this, so all my hypothesizing is based on the previously posted image. It seems like the Forerunner-like designs around the edge of the image suggest a link between Oni and the Forerunners. That honeycomb pattern could imply either Forerunners or Covenant. Since I haven't played Halo 4, I have no idea how relevant the covenant are, so this may all be useless :P
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 19:06:14 »
Two important points on entering the "Classified" codes:
  • If you enter an invalid code, you get a simple message telling you that nothing was unlocked, but if you enter the correct code while not meeting the stated criteria, you will get a different message.  This can be used to verify that you have the right code, even before you can meet the criteria to fully unlock the item.  I'm guessing this will work even if you don't yet own Halo 4.
  • If you are going after the terminals in Halo Anniversary to unlock the items in the first archive, know that you will get screwed out of your credit for unlocking a terminal if you are playing in someone else's hosted online multiplayer game.  The host will get credit.  You WILL get the achievements for reading the terminals, but you will not unlock the terminals for viewing in the "Extras" section- and even worse- will not pass the criteria when you enter the glyph code for the associated terminal in Classified.

I really like that Waypoint is restricting use of the terminal glyph codes to players who have actually found the terminals.  At the same time, I am really hating that I found all of my terminals as the client in a multiplayer game because now I have to go find them all again to get credit for them.  Argh.

As for the rest of the Classified archives...

I have only unlocked the first two items in the Requiem archive (Raider).  Anyone else figuring these out on their own?  I seem to be missing a lot of info, because I'm stumped on the third one (for the helmet).  Only have one glyph and an empty puzzle piece.  I think I have exhausted the tagged media items and am quite at a loss for where to look next.

I'm similarly held up on "Wiseguy", despite having five of the glyphs and knowing how to sequence them.

@NC:
Gherjsz was a test to make sure the forum was working for non-admins.  :)
The image I attached is part of one of those puzzles.  There is a "puzzle-piece" frame on the right, but only obvious to people who have been working on these puzzles.  I think you may be able to work on this even without even having Halo 4.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 19:40:37 »
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm1864184_--CLASSIFIED--SECTION-3-OPERATIONS-CENTER.aspx
Damn you hexagon! And damn you, seven blue dots!

And damn you, Halo 4 and the time I can't find for you!
;(
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 03:41:40 »
I'm hear to tell you:  it was really satisfying to finally beat the Raider Helmet Puzzle without any assistance!  Attached is a photo of Lil' Glider literally putting the pieces together with me on Jan 19th.  I had him go back and do the other two puzzles to complete the set. 

Now on to Raider II... I've yet to spot an in-game glyph!  Has anyone else?