Author Topic: Halo 4 E3 Trailer  (Read 5494 times)

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
Re: Halo 4 E3 Trailer
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 20:34:50 »
This is 343's game and not Bungie's so to break away from Bungie I feel that we are going to see some changes and a little of the same.

What I think based on what I think:

Forerunner weapons
Duel Armor abilities (sprint is always on)
No duel weapons
destructible environments
Drop in and out Multiplayer co-op Matchmaking
True skill rank
Assassinations
AA's and pick ups
4 grenades
Weapon melee damage based on weapon
DMR and BR
Weapon attachments
No more cR. Armor is found in campaign and or earned based on skill
Ridicules secrets
Game types that include scarabs/ Elephant/ Pelican/ huge robots

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 21:13:37 »
No duel weapons
AA's and pick ups
DMR
I agree with everything but these.
I feel it

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 22:01:48 »
No duel weapons
AA's and pick ups
DMR
I agree with everything but these.

This is why I think so..

No duels - I feel like if there was that MC would have had a 2nd weapon attached to his side, Obviously the weapon he has in his hand is a modified pistol so why only one? probably because if he had two it would be over powered. This makes me think that maybe more than just the pistol can be modified which probably means no need for duel wielding.

Drop in and out MM - Afking is more of an issue now. This may just be due to the cR but I think everyone always wanted to join a friend while they were in the middle of campaign and we have all felt the sting of someone quitting in the middle of a match, playing a 4vs1 isn't fun and I think 343 knows this.

AA's and pick ups - I feel like some of the AA's are going to be forgotten about and replaced. I think the bubble shield, mines, power drain, portable turret, drop shield and maybe some new ones will come back to Halo. IMO you will be able to throw a bubble shield on a man cannon and fly up with it while using your jet pack or while clocked throw a mine down in front of a warthog...

Duel Armor abilities (sprint is always on) - We have been given the taste of fast movement! I feel like the game moves so much better with the ability to run and I think 343 has taken notice, running is almost a FPS must have and I think sprint will be a slandered ability. I do think it will still have a cool down time but I do think it might be possible to run while jet packing, cloaked, or new AA....

DMR - I think although similar the BR and DMR are totally different weapons and both have there own cult following. I feel like both weapons will make the cut or a new BR/DMR highbred BMR single fire w/bloom ALT fire 3 round burst (less accurate).

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 05:47:27 »
*no giant quote for space saving*

No duels- Or, it's obviously not a pistol, and MC grabbed a random weapon floating through space. For all we know, this is the new propipe and it can be dual wielded.

Drop in and out match making- HELLZ NO! ONLY CAMPAIN! If you think quitting is a problem now, what do you think supporting it will do?!?!

AA's & Sprint always on- Sure. Maybe not an exact copy of Halo 3 equipment, but adding and improving armor abilities is given.

DMR- Yes and no. Canon (or common sense) would say that the weapons on the ship in Halo 3 wouldn't magically become other weapons, so we would still have BRs. But then again, this new grenade launcher cokes out of magic land.
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 05:50:06 »
*no giant quote for space saving*

No duels- Or, it's obviously not a pistol, and MC grabbed a random weapon floating through space. For all we know, this is the new propipe and it can be dual wielded.

Drop in and out match making- HELLZ NO! ONLY CAMPAIN! If you think quitting is a problem now, what do you think supporting it will do?!?!

AA's & Sprint always on- Sure. Maybe not an exact copy of Halo 3 equipment, but adding and improving armor abilities is given.

DMR- Yes and no. Canon (or common sense) would say that the weapons on the ship in Halo 3 wouldn't magically become other weapons, so we would still have BRs. But then again, this new grenade launcher cokes out of magic land.
No duels: Yeah

Drop in: Yeah

AA: NO! AA's just save your life, slowing down gameplay. We want Halo to be competitive.

DMR: No. Bloom adds luck. At least make no bloom.
I feel it

Phantasm 08

• SGP Moderator
  • Scatcodes are the Gruntz Pajamaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 04:13:06 »
I think the bloom is a good feature. Why? Because it's more realistic. A real gun has recoil. They had a similar feature with the smg, where you would actually start aiming upwards. The bloom makes for a more realistic gameplay, and you feel more immersed in the game, more like a person than a robot controlled by a joystick.

As for whether I like bungie or 343 more, I cannot make an informed opinion until I see what they do with the game. I seriously hope they keep the same voice actors (although most of the main cast will have no role; Miranda Keyes and Johnson are dead, and most of the rest are lightyears away in an unknown direction.

We know the music will kick 'asm, though!
01010000 01101111 01110011 01110100 00100000 01101000 01101111 01100011 00101100 00100000 01101110 01101111 01101110 00100000 01100101 01110010 01100111 01101111 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 01110000 01110100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01101000 01101111 01100011 00101110

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 15:48:22 »
Bloom may add realism, but Bungie's "bloom" isn't how realistic or fair bloom works. They implemented it incorrectly.
Once the outer circle is outstretched, the bullet cannot hit any area inside the original circle. I have no idea why. Usually in bloom, the outer circle will outstretch, and the bullet can hit anything contained by that circle.

Realistic or not, I've never really cared about realism. So I can't really argue about that.
But I can argue that Bloom is a way of giving the worse player an advantage in a duel. With a Halo 2 BR, the bullet goes where you shoot it. This means you have to be aiming exactly at the enemies head to pull off a headshot. This requires skill. But in Reach, if you do 4 body shots and then go for the headshot at the same rate you would fire a BR, and aim at the head, you will NOT get a kill. Because for some weird reason the bullet cannot go inside the circle, only on the outside. Meanwhile, the other player, much worse than you, finally gets off 4 body shots and lazily aims at the head. This is not a very skilled player, so he aims a little to the side, and shoots. And guess what happens? The bullet happened to be in that outer circle, and kill the skilled player even when he wasn't aimed at.

That's why I don't like bloom on precision weapons. Or at least, Bungie's bloom.

343 has confirmed that they will reuse old voice actors. They've already done something with Jen Taylor.

Wait how do we know about the music?
I feel it

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 20:12:15 »
Bloom may add realism, but Bungie's "bloom" isn't how realistic or fair bloom works. They implemented it incorrectly.
Once the outer circle is outstretched, the bullet cannot hit any area inside the original circle. I have no idea why. Usually in bloom, the outer circle will outstretch, and the bullet can hit anything contained by that circle.
Whoawhoawhoa. Isn't the thing about Bungie's bloom that it's the exact opposite of that? Because of it, players can spam the trigger AND still hit inside the original circle -> unfair.
I do believe these problems could be thinned out by increasing the bloom...then again, they might be a bit too hard to control in average -> no more as fun.
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 23:15:29 »
Whoawhoawhoa. Isn't the thing about Bungie's bloom that it's the exact opposite of that? Because of it, players can spam the trigger AND still hit inside the original circle -> unfair.
I do believe these problems could be thinned out by increasing the bloom...then again, they might be a bit too hard to control in average -> no more as fun.
What? I've never experienced that. Sometimes I keep hitting him straight on the head, with bloom full, and get so pissed that it isn't killing him, that I refuse to let the bloom reset and just miss every shot.
I feel it

Insane Monx

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 23:49:19 »
Scat, you might want to rewatch this.

I remember showing this to you and you said it still wouldn't do, or something like that. But it shows at the beginning how bloom is.
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 01:56:39 »
Scat, you might want to rewatch this.

I remember showing this to you and you said it still wouldn't do, or something like that. But it shows at the beginning how bloom is.
I said that bloom should be removed entirely, so yes it wouldn't do.

Is that really how it works? This seems to prove otherwise. I've done the same exact thing as him. As I stated earlier, being so mad that I refuse to pace my last shots.
I feel it