Halo 4 > Halo 4 General Discussion

Debating the Merit of Halo 4

<< < (2/4) > >>

Scatcycle:
Sound is actually a pretty intense thing in video games. In halo 1 - 3 the wraith mortar sound has been the EXACT same file as halo 1, and whenever you hear that sound, it's really just a special moment. It just brings you back. But I did like the sounds in Halo 4. They sound awesome. But the equalization's off so it gets tedious. Guns are too loud voices are too soft.

nightcrafter27:
Actually Scat, I haven't had that problem. Everything sounds pretty 'balanced' to me.

ColdGlider:
@Night: Welcome to Halo 4!

I was pretty peeved about the sound of the hog as well.  It's funny, though... I don't even think about it anymore.  The hog may sound better in Reach, but it drives better in H4.  (I HATED the handling in Reach.  Gravity-schmavity.)

I played earlier today with Lil' Glider.  He got over 10 kills today in Big Team, so I was pretty proud.  So I watched his the replay of his game in theater mode and was pretty impressed with the look of the game.  I don't often just sit and watch Halo 4 without actually playing it. 

Having to unlock standard emblems is kind of lame.  They should give you all of the old ones and have you unlock new ones.  But whatever.  If you care enough about your multiplayer emblem, you're probably going to play enough to get access to the ones you want. 

But these are little gripes.  After a day of playing Big Team here and there (got to 80 finally) I have to reiterate that it's a lot of fun.  And it's always MORE fun if you go into matchmaking partied up with some friends.

Scat, they have apparently tuned the matchmaking big team playlists so that there is more Slayer Pro.  Which means no armor mods.  Might be more up your alley.  Also- my sound is totally awesome.  Maybe you have another "bad adaptor"?

Imppa:
More than a bad adaptor, I think your problem just might be in your sound system's EQ. Or something.

Anyway, going to buy it today, I think! Or tomorrow. Or someday. >.> (nah, tomorrow at the least)

nightcrafter27:
Finished the campaign. I'm not going to lie, when I read 343's little message, I laughed at the line "Thanks for trusting us with the universe you love." By the end of it all, I'm about ready for the Chief to retire. I feel like the fact that nearly everything got changed, it should have been about the Muster Chef and his AI named Contra.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version