Author Topic: Well heres something that a site noted  (Read 8507 times)

CIA391

• Caps are cool I'm wearing one now.
    • View Profile
Re: Well heres something that a site noted
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2014, 13:05:43 »
Heh well I never truely gave up on ODST, I mean as long as that Super Triglyph annoys me I will still go back to it.

Well I asked the Catalog on waypoint about the symbols. And got this answer back(https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm3003659_Catalog-Interaction.aspx#post3003659)

Query Answer: Original recordings located in Human records. No contextual [semiotic] information found. Analysis indicates significant deviation in recorded [facticius indoles] symbolic structures.

Cause this was in universe answer deviations could mean any bit of Engineer symbols, even those not seen in the games. And it also shows that in the Halo universe Humans dont know what it means either.

But this does confirm that the Symbols in Sadies story are engineer symbols and relate to the Glyphs. Which means we are or were on the right track. :)
A frog once said if you read this you'll die but how would he know you'll die. He's a frog and frogs can't talk. Who would listen to this frog. So to read this he just wasted your life for a few minutes meaning you are closer to dying anyway so the frog was telling the truth but frogs can't talk?

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2014, 13:51:36 »
Quote from: Waypoint forums
Query: Is there any information to the Symbols found in the Engineer Glyphs and Sadies Story Logs. Any known information into this matter would be greatly appreciated. As 5 years of research has not moved this any further.

Query Answer: Original recordings located in Human records. No contextual [semiotic] information found. Analysis indicates significant deviation in recorded [facticius indoles] symbolic structures

Here's CIA's question along with the response. After some quick Googling, [semiotic]s is the process of making meanings out of symbols, and [facticius indoles] is the "scientific name" for Engineers.

A couple questions for CIA:
Have you discussed the glyphs with the Catalog before? I'd just like to make it clear that we are talking about glyphs and not Forerunner symbols.
 Catalog made reference to "Human records"; is there any place we can access these?

I'm glad you are doing this, and its great work. The only thing that worries me is that Catalog's response might indicate that 343 doesn't know. Dan Miller told us that the super-tri and related glyphs are "also a secret internally, with a total of maybe four people in all of Bungie that knows about it." The secret might not have been relinquished by Bungie.
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

CIA391

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2014, 14:00:20 »
Quote from: Waypoint forums
Query: Is there any information to the Symbols found in the Engineer Glyphs and Sadies Story Logs. Any known information into this matter would be greatly appreciated. As 5 years of research has not moved this any further.

Query Answer: Original recordings located in Human records. No contextual [semiotic] information found. Analysis indicates significant deviation in recorded [facticius indoles] symbolic structures

Here's CIA's question along with the response. After some quick Googling, [semiotic]s is the process of making meanings out of symbols, and [facticius indoles] is the "scientific name" for Engineers.

A couple questions for CIA:
Have you discussed the glyphs with the Catalog before? I'd just like to make it clear that we are talking about glyphs and not Forerunner symbols.
 Catalog made reference to "Human records"; is there any place we can access these?

I'm glad you are doing this, and its great work. The only thing that worries me is that Catalog's response might indicate that 343 doesn't know. Dan Miller told us that the super-tri and related glyphs are "also a secret internally, with a total of maybe four people in all of Bungie that knows about it." The secret might not have been relinquished by Bungie.

My question had pictures with it also.
Reference Pictures:
Glyph Symbols
Sadie's Story Symbols

Showing the symbols(in the glyphs and sadies story) but the Catalog has been known only to take the question part of queries. But still making sure the question is relevant.
A frog once said if you read this you'll die but how would he know you'll die. He's a frog and frogs can't talk. Who would listen to this frog. So to read this he just wasted your life for a few minutes meaning you are closer to dying anyway so the frog was telling the truth but frogs can't talk?

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2014, 15:33:55 »

Query Answer: Original recordings located in Human records. No contextual [semiotic] information found. Analysis indicates significant deviation in recorded [facticius indoles] symbolic structures.

Awesome! An answer from up above! :D

However, I'm a bit more pessimistic about the answer as you guys are, I think... The Catalog's response might just mean, as Night said, that 343i doesn't know, the "human records" maybe being Bungie themselves or, perhaps, the game itself, and that  "No contextual [semiotic] information" can be found in the archives.

Of course, that doesn't mean that Bungie wouldn't have some idea about the glyphs. What's more, as these are the glyphs we know as Engineer Glyphs, what are " recorded [facticius indoles] symbolic structures" then?

Maybe we should start pressuring the Bungie guys about this as well.
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

CIA391

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2014, 16:46:20 »
Well facticius indoles means Engineer.

So

Analysis indicates significant deviation in recorded Engineer symbolic structures

This means that in other media, like books(stuff without pictures), and also stuff we dont see. There is records of differences between Engineer symbols. Just we probably wont see them unless 343i decide to show them. Which is good cause we have less chance of getting confused :)

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2014, 18:20:44 »
Perhaps this code can be linked to the glyphs seen on phantoms here: http://halo.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/Screenshots.aspx?player=scatcycle
I feel it