Author Topic: Redoing stuff  (Read 2779 times)

CIA391

• Caps are cool I'm wearing one now.
    • View Profile
Redoing stuff
« on: September 09, 2013, 08:41:56 »
After a big look around some cool and old stuff we have done is not here anymore. Probably due to lots of moving which I understand.
But a lot of research into the glyphs are gone. Counts and so on.
And lots of other stuff.

May be useful and for getting back into the swing of things.

I am personally making a map of the glyphs and counting them again as I cant actually find it now. And if there is anything else that you note that is missing it may be an idea if you think its important, please make a note of it and post it. :D
A frog once said if you read this you'll die but how would he know you'll die. He's a frog and frogs can't talk. Who would listen to this frog. So to read this he just wasted your life for a few minutes meaning you are closer to dying anyway so the frog was telling the truth but frogs can't talk?

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Redoing stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 01:24:25 »
That's weird, I'm sure they'd be here somewhere...:/ Not as their own independent thread maybe, but somewhere? It's the first timenI hear we'd be missing threads, but I guess everyting is possible.

And a recount will never hurt! :D
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 02:56:47 »
Something I've been disappointed about is the lack of HTML threads anymore, all the HTML formatted guides look pretty nice when in HTML, but the links just don't work anymore. I've no idea how one would fix that. Some guides are strictly made in HTML, like the Vents guide, making it horrific to try and read on your own.
I feel it

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 03:59:35 »
It's not the end of the world.

HTML tags in posts are not enabled by default.  When I upgraded the forum, I forgot to turn them back on.

They should work now, which means you should have a link below:
This is an HTML link you should know about... especially if you have Halo 4

(Yup... it works again)

This doesn't fix Scat's Data Hive vents guide, though. 

I had built custom code that integrated with SMF to produce dedicated HTML pages from any post.  The intention was that any member could write, test, and update their own Web Page content for our main site.  Scat used this system for his guide. 

This system broke the moment we upgraded to the new forum because the SMF function calls (API) were revamped.  So I need to go back and revise that system to work with SMF 2.x.  Sorry, Scat.  I will work to rectify this situation... but it won't be fixed tonight.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

CIA391

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 13:03:24 »
Well I had over 600 posts once. I believe a screenshot can prove that somewhere here :)
A frog once said if you read this you'll die but how would he know you'll die. He's a frog and frogs can't talk. Who would listen to this frog. So to read this he just wasted your life for a few minutes meaning you are closer to dying anyway so the frog was telling the truth but frogs can't talk?

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 05:01:46 »
I'm currently at a loss, CIA.  I have no idea what happened to your posting count.  I am also concerned about the posts you claim are missing... related to glyphs.   Can you cite something specific that once was here that you can no longer find?

CIA391

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 15:30:27 »
Well specifics are of mine. Are old fan fics. I dont mind about them though

And I simply cant find the Glyph counts that's what I am concerned about. I was hoping to use them for glyph research. Not really a problem as its easily done but still.

Edit:Never mind now. My counting and map is turning into more a study of everything I can think of.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 19:05:29 by CIA391 »

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 01:11:00 »
No, man, if what you're saying is actually true, we might've somehow lost hundreds of posts by acodent! I don't think there are any screenshots at hand to prove your claim, so are you sure about it? And as CG asked, if you could specify a bit more what kinds of things are missing, that would be cool..
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

CIA391

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 06:20:19 »
Well the best things I can note is the Glyph post
And many Fan Fictions that were posted.

If theres anything else. Like I imagine. Then I have no idea. :(

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 15:29:52 »
I don't know about the fan fiction, but I was just looking for the post that this came from, and can't find it anywhere. I may just me failing to find it, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere.

[EDIT] Disregard, I'm just incompetent at the search function. The thread is in Arkive.

[EDIT 2] Actually I still can't find the post. Turns out I'm incompetent at reading search results
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 15:34:40 by nightcrafter27 »
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 02:48:00 »
I don't know about the fan fiction, but I was just looking for the post that this came from, and can't find it anywhere. I may just me failing to find it, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere.

This one?