Author Topic: sign post locations  (Read 9148 times)

Jedichef

• View Profile
sign post locations
« on: September 14, 2013, 14:37:12 »
Hi, I spotted this in the gallery last night 

http://www.gruntspajamas.com/gallery/v/SGP/companies/misriah/SL-2010_01_10-ColdGlider-D10-Misriah.jpg.html

And promptly dragged Sep7ember around D10 with me for an hour but we couldn't see it.

Any chance someone could point us to the right spot please??

Also I have just found this. looking specifically at the 3rd pic does anyone recognise this?? and possibly point me to it too??

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2039095
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 12:49:36 by Jedichef »

CIA391

• Caps are cool I'm wearing one now.
    • View Profile
Re: sign post locations
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 19:12:01 »
Well I just checked it isnt in D:10 but I have a theory that this may relate to the different versions of Mombassa they are. I will gather proof of my theory later to help.
First thing is to post the glyph findings in maybe a few hours
A frog once said if you read this you'll die but how would he know you'll die. He's a frog and frogs can't talk. Who would listen to this frog. So to read this he just wasted your life for a few minutes meaning you are closer to dying anyway so the frog was telling the truth but frogs can't talk?

CIA391

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 21:28:03 »
Well right now I can confirm several different versions of Night Mombassa Streets.
What I mean is when something changes like something getting blocked off.

when you make it to the final Mission on the streets before you enter data hive. There are 6 versions there
Theres the full streets if you select it on the mission select screen
Theres the version after the prepare to drop mission
so on so on. I am going to gather proof of that. Maybe stuff changes as different level combinations are done. Will need to confirm that.
A frog once said if you read this you'll die but how would he know you'll die. He's a frog and frogs can't talk. Who would listen to this frog. So to read this he just wasted your life for a few minutes meaning you are closer to dying anyway so the frog was telling the truth but frogs can't talk?

CIA391

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 21:45:06 »
sad news. I believe that sign changes every time you enter or play mombassa streets :(
I just tried it again and the sign was different from last time

Jedichef

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 01:04:27 »
To be honest,
I would appreciate any help finding any signage at all relating to the misriah armoury, that's why I picked that one from the gallery to try and find.

I am of an understanding that there is another different one in the game that I can not find and is not in the gallery.

I have not been able to find either one of the two known misriah armoury signs. But feel that they warrant further investigation.

We know that this has the Lumumba 0624 on it. The yellow sign, 1st post.

http://www.gruntspajamas.com/forum/index.php?topic=1769.0

With regard to that sign we don't believe it can be found on MB but only appears campaign and FF.

I think one of the green misriah signs might have a similar clue. 

Really grateful for your hard work CIA
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 01:11:54 by Jedichef »

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 02:34:07 »
I took that darn Misriah screenshot personally, so it does exist.  I'm not discounting that I miscredited its location.  If I recall, I went back looking for it later and was at a loss.

I posted the photo on 2010.01.11.  I would have taken the screenshot one of two ways:  from a DVD recording of my gameplay footage, or by using the saved films screenshot function. 

I will go back and see if I have files of either source from this date.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 03:15:36 »
About that third picture on the steam post, that's the guy attempting to recreate the look of Mombasa's streets. That is custom made.
I feel it

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 05:15:56 »
Spent some time looking through files.  I found my local copy of the Misriah screenshot- same date stamp.  Photo dimensions consistent with in-game screenshots (1920x1080) which would not have been the case from one of my DVR recordings.

Most of my in-game Halo ODST data is stored on a USB drive.  I checked this drive and I don't have any saved films from this date, nor do I have this screenshot.  Possible I have additional files on an old Xbox360 hard drive.

In the photo, you can clearly see the top of a District 10 banner at the lower left corner of the Misriah sign.

I started a new Mombasa Streets game and worked my way to D10.  I didn't find it in campaign mode or in Theater mode afterward.  But I was falling asleep, too.  (Ahh, the memories of falling asleep in Mombasa Streets looking for secrets!)

Now that I have written this, I'm a little more awake.  I'll look again- it's out there somewhere.

CIA391

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 06:05:21 »
I know that theres only one version of that sign. I just did a city wide search. Its just entering District 10 with Misriah armory showing. Its random or so I believe

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 06:50:32 »
As you approach the ONI doors, turn to the left at the top of the stairs.  There's an electronic billboard (i.e. a sign) above a door which is lit with red light. 

In my earlier play on Mombasa Streets, this sign was for Huciv.  When I exited back to the main menu and then resumed my campaign, it was still Huciv.  There was no district banner next to the door.

From the main menu, I started a new campaign at Uplift Reserve on Easy and played through it to get back to Mombasa Streets.  I then went to District 10 and the Huciv sign had changed to a WST sign.  In addition, the D10 banner was present to the left of the door (see crappy camera image, attached).

In this mode (post Uplift Reserve), the ONI Doors are locked.  I don't know if there are multiple versions of the texture mapping for this district or if it's truly random when you begin the mission... but clearly you can get different signs here under different conditions.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 06:56:28 by ColdGlider »

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 10:19:13 »
WST? I don't think I've seen that poster ever before! Intriguing...

Things changing seemingly by random has only ever been noticed before one the Super Tri-glyph, right?

Seeing if it changes by random or if ir depends on the way the level is started shouldn't be too hard (says the man who can't do it anyways ><)...I'm not sure if it'll lead to anything big, but at least solving how this system works could help us recreate the mythical super di- and mono-glyphs!

ALSO: WST Logo has the Y-shape! Same as Asklon, Glyphs and Destiny. O.o
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 10:21:06 by Imppa »
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

CIA391

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 14:59:10 »
ok how I changed it was doing a loop of District 4, 6, and 10. It changed every loop. Well most loops.
Thats how I changed the sign
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 15:05:00 by CIA391 »

Jedichef

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 16:05:58 »
I love this site! should have sent you that email a year ago CG :)

About that third picture on the steam post, that's the guy attempting to recreate the look of Mombasa's streets. That is custom made.

Really grateful for all the assistance, Cheers Scat, that's one less to be looking for ;)

But I was falling asleep, too.  (Ahh, the memories of falling asleep in Mombasa Streets looking for secrets!)

Tell me about it I ain't had more than 5 hours sleep in a night for weeks man :)

WST? I don't think I've seen that poster ever before! Intriguing...

Things changing seemingly by random has only ever been noticed before one the Super Tri-glyph, right?

Seeing if it changes by random or if ir depends on the way the level is started shouldn't be too hard (says the man who can't do it anyways ><)...I'm not sure if it'll lead to anything big, but at least solving how this system works could help us recreate the mythical super di- and mono-glyphs!

ALSO: WST Logo has the Y-shape! Same as Asklon, Glyphs and Destiny. O.o
This Is a good point and is worthy of a good look over too.

This pic is the one I really want to find, at this point I know I have seen it years ago but cant even recall that it was deffo in odst?? It should be.
http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/e/e3/Ad_Mishriah.png

Please continue to keep your eyes on all of the sign posts as I'm confident there is more to come from them, but how I do not know.
Anything Misriah related I am extremely interested in.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 16:11:17 by Jedichef »

CIA391

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 16:16:31 »
Final discovery I have made relating to signs and errors

The signs are random, how I can prove this is. 
Load any district with a notable sign. District 10 has a good example.
Take note of the sign it is. My District 10 had a Tecnniqe Electronics sign
Leave the district and deload it.
After the Districts deloaded head back to the district with the sign you want to see changed
The sign will be different. In my District 10 after that had the fabled  Misriah Armoury one.

What this proves is that, signs are not set to one specific company or error. Yea this effects the errors(you know the access denied ones and so on) in the streets also. When the game has to load a district. The game has to load a sign and error from the errors and signs available.

What I am saying is. Signs are not limited to one thing, they can be anything in the games coding relating to the type of sign it is.

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 22:25:13 »
I wonder if this behavior continues when in split screen or if it stops, kind of like how glyphs aren't visible. This also reminds me of the barricades with the changing numbers.
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!