Halo ODST > Report In!

The Engineer in Halo 3: ODST has a name.

(1/3) > >>

CIA391:
Yea you know the Engineer. We called Virgil. Its actually called Quick to Adjust.

This was announced on Halo Waypoint by the mysterious Catalog figure.
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2997288_Is-there-an-actual-name-for-Vergil.aspx#post2997288

Just something you lot may like to know cause ODST was what brought us all originally together.

nightcrafter27:
Huh. Someone is going to have to back me up here, but aren't engineers only named one of three things? I don't remember that one...

It's way too late for me to be doing this.

Imppa:
Quick To Adjust eh?

QTA XII/VI?

Intriguing...

nightcrafter27:
Moved this thread to a more appropriate board.

It's time for research. I'll see if there is a source from Bungie for this information. I know 343 is in charge of Halo now, but they didn't make ODST or QTA XII/VI.

[EDIT AFTER RESEARCH]

Ok, so some conflicting things. Halopedia's article on Quick To Adjust says that the name is never mentioned in Halo 3: ODST. My memory supports this, and there is no mention of a name in the POGG. The only source is the Waypoint topic CIA linked.

According to Contact Harvest, engineers can be named one of three things:

--- Quote --- As a result, new Huragok would initially float or sink,
and their parents would name them accordingly: Far Too Heavy; Easy To Adjust; Lighter Than
Some.
--- End quote ---
Quick to Adjust isn't one of them. Staten wrote Contact Harvest, and was the lead writer for ODST; I don't think he's going to cross canon that he himself wrote. Scat, if you are reading this, you had better check this in your annotated copy.

My judgement on this topic as of right now is that Bungie canon takes precedent over 343. I'll see what I can do about contacting a Bungie employee to confirm if this is true.

[EDIT 2]

It seems I've been a little out of the loop. Staten's LinkedIn profile shows that he now works for Microsoft, and could theoretically have some say in 343. However, he hasn't listed any involvement with 343's Halo titles.

CIA391:
Well I always took them as examples. Engineers were named after how their gasses effected them pretty much. The book mortal dictata shows this in a good line.

"All their names have something to do with their buoyancy qualities. Why they've never run out of words to describe that, I have no idea."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version