Author Topic: Christopher Barrett AMA TBA  (Read 4006 times)

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
Christopher Barrett AMA TBA
« on: August 22, 2014, 14:39:35 »
Hey, over on reddit.com/r/worldbuilding, the next AMA in their deities is Cristopher Barrett. This may be a good opporotinuity for is to try and ask some questions. As of right now the date is not announced, but I'll be keeping my eye on it.
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

Insane Monx

• View Profile
Re: Christopher Barrett AMA TBA
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 00:18:29 »
Christopher Barrett- Artist at Bungie

Destiny -- Art Director (2014)
Halo: Reach - Additional Environment Art (2010)
Halo 3: ODST - Additional Art Direction (2009)
Halo 3 - Campaign Environment Lead (2007)
Halo 2 - Lead Environment Artist (2004)
Halo: Combat Evolved - Artist (2001)
Myth II: Soulblighter - Multiplayer Artist (1998)

That should help guide us as to what he'll know more about, or what sort of questions to consider.
"beats be heavy, not even ready- to handle this, what im dishin out, im cashin out- gotta enough funds to rain em down" -Insane Monillionare

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 12:55:38 »
He might know if there are more secrets left to find. He did leave his own in the game-- BARRETT encoded in binary.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 22:19:13 »
He should know something about the glyphs. Let's ask that.
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 05:53:28 »
Sounds like a good idea Imppa! Now who will be our ambassador?

As for the text, it is reddit so I feel that something short would get the job done. Something like "hi Chris, thanks for taking the time for this AMA. The world of ODST is riddled with mysterious glyphs. One glyph in particular, the Tri glyph (insert picture), has been documented to actually change in appaearence (2 pics of tri glyph altered). It has sparked quite a lot of discussion on the reasoning for it! Are these glyphs simply a reference to the communication method of the Engineers, or is there something more to these glyphs?"
I feel it

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 21:07:58 »
I feel like we've already gotten confirmation from Dan Miller that the glyphs are a mystery that needs to be solved. I think we should concentrate on whether the QTA patch is unsolved, and if Catalog's statement about Vergil being named Quick To Adjust is consistent with Bungie's canon. 

But, it is an AMA; nothing is stopping us from asking as many questions as we want. And as of right now, the date is still TBA.

CIA391

• Caps are cool I'm wearing one now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 11:55:57 »
I feel like we've already gotten confirmation from Dan Miller that the glyphs are a mystery that needs to be solved. I think we should concentrate on whether the QTA patch is unsolved, and if Catalog's statement about Vergil being named Quick To Adjust is consistent with Bungie's canon. 

But, it is an AMA; nothing is stopping us from asking as many questions as we want. And as of right now, the date is still TBA.
Well asking if he knows anything he is willing to share is something we can ask. 5 years(5 long years) is a long time for a easter egg(secret) to be hidden. Bungie even started to give hints to easter eggs in Halo 3 after awhile.
A frog once said if you read this you'll die but how would he know you'll die. He's a frog and frogs can't talk. Who would listen to this frog. So to read this he just wasted your life for a few minutes meaning you are closer to dying anyway so the frog was telling the truth but frogs can't talk?