Author Topic: Anyone still around? Because I'm back into this \o/  (Read 1505 times)

VsH Tepec Fett

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Halocreation : French Glitchers Community
Anyone still around? Because I'm back into this \o/
« on: July 25, 2020, 15:28:10 »
Hey there!

I started to get back into this when they announced ODST (and including firefight) would come to MCC PC, notably because it could help us using softwares like Assembly to look into the code and find some missing pieces to the unsolved puzzles you guys worked so hard on.
But before that, I've been thinking of two things:
1. I needed a clearer view of the facts, and many images here are now dead links and all,
2. I'd like to show at least a glimpse of all the work that has already been done here,
3. I'd like to try to lead some people to get into this quest, even 10 years later!

So, I've been working on a few things:
1. I remade a higher-res version of the New Mombasa streets map that we can actually zoom in and all to navigate (it's about 3k*3k px)
2. I used this map to pinpoint every glyphs location and every dead elite bodies
3. With the help of some fellow friends from Halo Creation, we took screenshots of _all_ the complex glyphs we could find (160, excluding the 106 "simple Ys").
4. I sorted all the glyphs and stuff
5. I'm writing a document to sum up many observations, linking to many investigations over here.
6. I'm working on a video with some cool content creators to talk about all that.

Here's an imgur Gallery (which is hidden for now, please don't share it just yet that is still all WIP) with the higher res map, the glyphs and dead elites locations, and the full list of the "complex glyphs": https://imgur.com/a/BJoo7TB

Hope it'll bring a smile to some of you, and I'd be really happy to talk again with some of you about all this and what you're up to in a near future!

P.S.: If you're using Discord, add me (Tepec Fett#9999)!

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone still around? Because I'm back into this \o/
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 22:29:13 »
After 11 long years, it looks like we're finally nearing the end. LLtSGP!
I feel it

oscarandjo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 21:42:20 »
FYI your discord username doesn't seem to work.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 09:18:07 »
After 11 long years, it looks like we're finally nearing the end. LLtSGP!

Scat, what are talking about, this is merely a new beginning! ;D

Tepec, you're a monster - what an undertaking! :D I'd love to snag some time to chat you up at some point soon!
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

VsH Tepec Fett

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Halocreation : French Glitchers Community
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 12:07:37 »
Oh shoot, my discord username is "Tepec Fett (Halo Création)#9999" sorry for that.

And Imppa: anytime you want! If you don't use Discord feel free to DM me with whatever you use (friends using so many chat apps I'm having like 11 of them on my phone, so hopefully we'll have at least one in common  ;D )!