Author Topic: The Halopedia  (Read 1061 times)

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
The Halopedia
« on: October 24, 2009, 15:47:33 »
The Halopedia has been a great resource to the SGP.  It relies upon its community to update content just as we do.  Sometimes the content is accurate and exhaustive, sometimes totally missing or debatable.  That's just the nature of the beast.

Since the SGP is community-oriented, it makes sense that any information we uncover should be submitted to the Halopedia for inclusion.  This is actually already happening without any effort on my part:  http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/District_Loading_Glitch

That's also the nature of the community... information on the internet is considered free.  Common courtesy often gets overlooked.  (It would have been nice to receive an email at least mentioning that my "bump glitch" was getting turned into the "district loading glitch" and included in the Halopedia)... but that's not how the beast rolls.  The beast consumes information and largely ignores the conventions of the "real world".  And it's all about getting off your butt and doing something yourself.  Had I wanted to enter the article into Halopedia myself, I could have.  I chose other immediate priorities.

So I can't complain... and I am pleased that the glitch is already included and the proper sources were linked back to the SGP.  The guys did a good job.

What this means is that the time has probably come for us to be a little more proactive with regard to the Halopedia.  Perhaps we need an "official" Halopedia coordinator or liaison.  Or maybe we should all just keep our eyes on it.  

As always your input, as part of the community...as part of the 'beast', is welcome.   >:(
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
  • Lookin' out for pink balloons and cartoon faces
    • View Profile
Re: The Halopedia
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 15:53:32 »
This seemed like an unnecessary jab at you and SGP.  The 4 is your video on Bump Glitching.

Because viewing an Engineer-created glyph in the nearby district requires the player to cross the partial load trigger, some wrongly think that viewing the glyph makes the doors disappear.[4]

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
Re: The Halopedia
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 16:04:34 »
Bah.  If it was a jab in any way, it was just spite.  In reality, my video was the primary reason why a lot of people believed that.  Those are my just desserts, even though I attempted to redeem myself with the actual discovery.

Anyone who wants the real deal can come register here.  We're a research community, not an encyclopedia.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::