Halo ODST > SGP Task Force: 7

<< < (8/8)

ColdGlider:
I believe that's what Ark was getting at, and why she posted that query here.

The description in the Halopedia is incorrect with regard to X, Y, and Z.  The Z-coordinate is the third number, not the second.  So it's X, Y, and Z (as it should be).  Simply jump to see the change in Z.

I poked around a little in ODST with this:  I think it's definitely going to require you to be out of map to obtain a Z of 3840.

nightcrafter27:
And for a second time, I revive this thread, mostly to point out that the images seem to be broken. To me, it doesnt make much sense for any of the three sections of te Ubiquitous Number to be the height of the player/camera except for 55. Unless I have a misconception in the size of the coordinates intervals, those other numbers would require being stupidly far out of the map. The only thing I can think of being able to see that high up would be to see the large Y shape created by the highways, as shown by Imppa (I think). Because Scat found the number used previous to ODST, it might be possible that Bungie isn't telling us about something new, but warning us that we forgot something previously. What if there was something awesome in Halo 3? The incessant appearances of the number is a pretty apparent plea for attention, but a plea for what?

EDIT: If yore not buying that Halo 3 stuff, let me point out that the first section is 55, and there are five plinths. Could be something.

ColdGlider:

--- Quote from: nightcrafter27 on March 16, 2012, 15:10:30 ---And for a second time, I revive this thread, mostly to point out that the images seem to be broken.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for being persistent and pointing this out again, Nightcrafter.  All of the image links were to the old domain, so I updated the original post and the images are there now.

Thanks to some very friendly generosity some time ago, I received my own (unopened) ODST controller.  At some point I will have to scrutinize it more closely and compare to what we have already noted.

Perhaps the number was just a more obfuscated coding of the Bungie IP (as was seen on the Reach controller) and they dumbed things down the second time around.

It might not be a bad idea to simply ask them, since doing so got us a lot of helpful info regarding the missing BOB spawn on TotS.

Scatcycle:
Does anyone know what Bungie's phone number is? Because 556-992-3840

EDIT: Busted, called it and it's just a message saying it's a "Non-Working Number"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version