Author Topic: SGP: Thought- Combat  (Read 1715 times)

GlyphGuy

• View Profile
SGP: Thought- Combat
« on: October 05, 2009, 05:34:06 »
New here, but just thinking about the whole "keep it clean" thing... It seems like the SI is against "unclean" gameplay. Also, while I was at squidhenge and saw the spiker shots there was the dead elite, I looked at the other one and saw spiker shots too! Murder prehaps?
When death is life and life is death... what is bananas?

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
Re: SGP: Thought- Combat
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 05:41:32 »
I agree. In a way. I'll point out that all my discoveries have been made, thus far, Completely avoiding all combat and running like a sissy when confronted.
Not that it has had any affect or not, but if one of you guys are running rampant and decimating anything that moves and finding the same stuff lemme know. As I have said in a different thread, I'm doing this on legendary. It would be nice to be able to fight back.
On a side note, I'm getting pretty good at sneaking around everything but Hunters...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 06:21:41 by ColdGlider »
...this coffee sucks.

JSM26

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 14:02:33 »
For the most part, I have killed everything that got in my way, with the exception of brute squads with engineers (they are a pain to fight, but I have done it while looking for glyphs once or twice). I honestly have not noticed any real difference in the amount of glyphs that show up. I will check later today, run through a set route a few times without fighting, and a few times where I kill everything I see.

Dunder Moose

• SGP Moderator
  • Gherjsz<GP
    • View Profile
    • Rockblog
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 17:18:45 »
What about the par values at the end of every mission?  I finished Coastal Highway on Legendary with above par score and the box was checked.  Was that just a feelgood, or could achieving par change things in New Mombasa?
::0:-:-:0:-:0:0:0:-:000000:-:0000000:-:0000:00:0:0:0:00:00:000:0::

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
  • Lookin' out for pink balloons and cartoon faces
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 17:37:34 »
This is still a very open question Dunder, one that has been neglected by the SGP as we continue to say "what about this?!?!  oh wait, what about this?!?!?!"

If you wish to take it upon yourself to test this it'd be amazing.  The problem as I see it is getting par on MS.  Technically you play the MS level 7 times(Bungie's 7 again, just noticed that) from Prepare to Drop and all the times you go back to it after the main missions.  This means that if you really want to get par on every level you'd have to take the time to get 100k on MS every time!  That'll be some long slogs... (it took me an hour on Heroic with 2 skulls on when I tried it)

Good luck if you're going for it, feel free to ask for strategy assists if you need them.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 20:01:33 »
I don't know this for certain, but I'm guessing that it might just count MS as one mission... so getting par at any of the seven "insertion points" might suffice.  Only one way to find out...
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 20:14:15 »
Same Bat time same Bat channel.

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
  • Lookin' out for pink balloons and cartoon faces
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 00:45:34 »
I've completed the par on each of the campaign levels.  Here are the levels, scores required, and conditions that I had when I beat them.

Mombasa Streets: 100k (heroic, catch, tough luck, famine, thunderstorm)
Tayari Plaza: 25k (normal, catch, tough luck, famine, thunderstorm)
Uplift Reserve: 60k (heroic, catch, tough luck, thunderstorm)
Kizingo Boulevard: 75k (normal, catch, tough luck, thunderstorm, famine)
Oni Alpha Site: 60k (normal, catch, tough luck, thunderstorm, famine)
NMPD: 50k (heroic, catch, tough luck, thunderstorm, famine)
Kikowani Station: 50k (normal, catch, tough luck, thunderstorm, famine)
Data Hive: 50k (normal, catch, tough luck, thunderstorm, famine)
Coastal Highway: 60k (normal, catch, tough luck, thunderstorm, famine)

The only one where I came even close to missing it was on Tayari Plaza, on all the others I got 100K+ points.  I've seen no effects from their completion.  Given how easy they are to get I think they're just for show.

Dunder Moose

• SGP Moderator
  • Gherjsz<GP
    • View Profile
    • Rockblog
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 22:53:47 »
Great work Apollo!  I gave up on Mombasa Streets.  It was quite a slog by myself.  I did notice something while I was doing it however, a sign that might reveal something.  I'll go ahead and post it over in the Arkive section. The J banner has a code above it.

Here it is:
http://subculturelifestyle.com/forum/index.php?topic=228.0
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 23:16:47 by Dunder Moose »
::0:-:-:0:-:0:0:0:-:000000:-:0000000:-:0000:00:0:0:0:00:00:000:0::