Halo ODST > Report In!

SGP: Sick Phantom

(1/3) > >>

Imppa:
Here in Tepec's vid about the dark parts of New Mombasa, in the end is a Bonus clip, (starting around 2:19): The sick phantom.

The phantom, after dropping the Engineer housing pod aka Squid house, seems to first fly into its natural direction. But: after a short, stable flying, it turns right and crashesh the wall. And keeps crashing. After crashing about 40 secs (according to the vid, if no major cutting was made), the Phantom seems spin in way, going large circle down. Instead of sinking, however, the Phantom crashes for the last time, against the roof of a building. It tries to move forward, but gets stuck. It keeps trying to go forvard, and finally after some pushing against the wall, the Phantom is on its "head".
Then something even more interesting happens. The pilot jumps off. Just like the player when your vehicle is in upside-down or in other, jammed position. The Phantom's outline color turns into neutral, seemingly indicating that it is not controlled by anyone (as it is).
The pilot starts to walk forvards, probably because the lack of script (or something...well, you know.).

Nice easter egg, eh? And yes, I think it could just be an easter egg, but hey, just prove me wrong. I think bungie could do something like this, expecially if there is "Pacifist Grunt" in Halo 3. I can't find anything on Halopedia, so I have no clue about it. Tepec, someone, explain?

Scatcycle:
maybe the phantom was pilotable afterwardS? i think u caused this by hitting the phantom with ur banshee. try retying this

VsH Tepec Fett:
Hi !

The Phantom could, some times, not crash itself ... We succeeded to make it crash by trying more than half an hour because it can escape, or fall in the water (and the pilot dies by then) , so it's quite hard to do that grunt get out of its Phantom !

But what i could say : in theory, the Phantom is pilotable, by the same way we use for Wraiths or Banshees (by killing the pilote when putting RB or B button) . But it's in theory , because for the Wraith or the Banshee, we can see the pilot (or elements of the pilot), whereas, in this case, we actually don't know where the cockpit exactly is, and where we could see the pilot.

I didn't put an other information about this Phantom in ODST : if it crashes and if you put RB or B button (it depends of your configuration) ,  it will turn and turn, like it wants to be "on its feet", like Warthog or other vehicules.

I don't think it is pilotable, but we could try, because of the fact that, and you can see that on the video, the Phantom without pilot appear "blue", like pilotable vehicules !

Tepec

thebraino:
...o_O
I like the sound of this theory...

Imppa:
Yeah, flying a phantom, That's something I sure would like...
We should try the Phantom Crashing sometimes... maybe I'll post in to the Knights-section soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version