Author Topic: SGP: Asklon = NOT AMG Transport Dynamics!  (Read 5470 times)

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
SGP: Asklon = NOT AMG Transport Dynamics!
« on: November 13, 2009, 21:37:26 »
I earlier said that Asklon is AMG, but for particular reasons I have changed my mind. And I have more.
....Whoa, that was pretty dramatic. That's not like me at all.
Aaanyway, read it people.

The Reasons

1)As I did say in this topic, I thought that there was nothing weird nothing weird in the change. But later my mind cleard, and I thought: Why?
Why would Bungie see the trouble to change it at all? It would be OK to see just the name AMG instead of Asklon, and see Warthog billboards instead of their "weird" posters (I'll come to that later). I think that this is enough to prove that they are not the exact same company.

2)The picture of AMG Transport Dynamics Building is taken from the ODST Teaser trailer. This proves that AMG and Asklon exist at the same time. Is it possible, since they still share the same logo and all?
You know Nokia, a company (from Finland) that makes cellphones? Before Nokia made phones, it was infact making rubberboots and tires. After it started producing telephones, Nokia split into two parts: the other one still makes rubberboots in the name of Nokia.
So couldn't this have happened with Asklon/AMG too? Perhaps Asklon is the older one, and when they started to make warthogs and stuff, they split in Nokia-style, having the older one to do whatever it did? That would make Asklon an independent company, no?

3)You know the posters Asklon has inside its buildings?

"Destiny awaits"

"December - Infinity"

List

"Destiny" and "Infinity"...that's pretty heavy words for a Transport Dynamics company, no? There is also not a single warthog billboard shown, which proves even more...
The "Destiny awaits" can mean almost anything, srsly. And the list seems just a list of Asklon's bases (some places do not exist now, but they are obviously referring to places in other colonies). But the "December - Infinity"? Well, I have a wild theory...
Remember QTA XII/VI? XII=month=December? Get it? Well, as I have already said, keep your eyes peeled...

...So, that's it. You think it's enough?
Just saying about the last one, I have a good hunch on this...

« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 23:48:28 by Imppa »
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

thebraino

• SGP Moderator
  • The info you came here for is on that side... --->
    • View Profile
Re: SGP: Asklon = NOT AMG Transport Dynamics!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 06:27:12 »
This could have something to do with the Intel release mentioned in Bunige update here

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 07:01:53 »
Yeah, read that. Nice idea braino, ecspesially since it's talking about "Test team who recently powered through the Vidmasters for the hojillionth time" AKA ODST Team Recon?

CIA391

• Caps are cool I'm wearing one now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 23:31:53 »
Well the Destiny Awaits a really cool Easter egg. Talk about under our noses, and we searched those streets to the death. XD The year Bungie split was the perfect time to place a reference to Destiny. And we wouldn't know until it was announced
A frog once said if you read this you'll die but how would he know you'll die. He's a frog and frogs can't talk. Who would listen to this frog. So to read this he just wasted your life for a few minutes meaning you are closer to dying anyway so the frog was telling the truth but frogs can't talk?

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 19:06:47 »
Nice follow-up, Imppa!  I grabbed your "Destiny Awaits" in-game screenshot from 2009 and added it to the Image Gallery:
http://www.gruntspajamas.com/gallery/v/SGP/companies/Asklon/IMPPA_halo3_100809890_Full.jpg.html

Previous staff member Vic Deleon confirmed this Easter Egg last year via Twitter (2012.11.29 8:24:46 UTC).  Here is a post made the next day on fpsgeneral.com with more details:
http://www.fpsgeneral.com/news/destiny/22526-bungie-teased-next-game-destiny-in-halo-3-odst-3

::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 20:01:50 »
Wow, so it is confirmed to be an actual teaser. And here I was thinking this was a convenient coincidence. Now that we know Bungie has been planning and/or working on Destiny for this long, I'd say that any speculated features are concievable.
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 19:27:42 »
Nice follow-up, Imppa!

Credit goes for CIA too, I had almost forgot about this! ;)

But yeah, it really is cool it ended up being not just a coincidence...one can even wonder whether the other poster, "December - Infinity", has a planned meaning as well (Destiny released in December (of 2014(?)) -> to infinity and beyond?). Seeing that the Asklon logo resembles the Destiny logo to certain extent, and might even be the early stage of the logo, all of the appearances of Asklon in ODST could be seen as a shallow link to Destiny. (Mind you, the only connection between Asklon and AMG Transport Dynamics is the single snapshot from the early ODST Teaser that shows AMG with the Asklon logo.)

Maybe we might even see the mysterious Plinths in the future?

nightcrafter27

• SGP Moderator
  • she / her, puzzles 👀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 06:19:13 »
I guess I just assumed everyone say this, but in one of the posters, Earth is shown with a small white circle at it's top right 'corner', supposedly the moon. This is stupidly similar to the 'dead orbit' faction logo.

[WILD SPECULATION]
Is the Destiny logo an abstraction of the sad monoglyph??
[/WILD SPECULATION]
ODST is all about switches, isn't it?

Hello from 2023! PM me if you want to chat on Discord!

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 11:50:41 »
I guess I just assumed everyone say this, but in one of the posters, Earth is shown with a small white circle at it's top right 'corner', supposedly the moon. This is stupidly similar to the 'dead orbit' faction logo.
Or, supposedly, how about the traveler? Big, white orb, resting right above the Last City (in dead orbit, one might say ;) ): they hadit allll figured out!

[WILD SPECULATION]
Is the Destiny logo an abstraction of the sad monoglyph??
[/WILD SPECULATION]

That's nice! But, moreover...are ALL the glyphs abstractions of Destiny logo, and thus connected to Destiny? O.o