Author Topic: SGP: Report - Investigative Leads  (Read 3206 times)

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
SGP: Report - Investigative Leads
« on: October 05, 2009, 07:42:20 »
Seriously, last post for the night for me.

I keep forgetting lots of things I have known about for a while but haven't gotten to mention in the flurry of today's discoveries.

• In District 10 back by the blown bridge to ONI, up on the right hand side (coming in) is a glyph covering a rock.  IIRC it's Glyph B.  Will someone please post a photo of it?
  • We have no catalog of New Mombasa companies and their logos, which was something I planned to do.  Anyone have interest in this, which ties into the Halo Fiction?
  • The loading screen shows your current time in the lower right hand corner.  But the milliseconds count from 00-70 I think (or similar)
  • The lower left-hand side of loading screens shows explanatory SI text, such as "contacting VRGL" or similar.  Also something about a data leak on level 9 (data hive).  I can transcribe some of these later, but my video capture setup isn't advanced enough to grab photos at the resolution we require to read the text.  Is yours?  ;)

See you all in many hours...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 06:38:56 by ColdGlider »
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
Re: SGP: Report - Investigative Leads
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 07:59:55 »
I'll take a look at the rock glyph. As for the loading screens I don't have any way to get pics of those.
I need a refresher course on the data leak.
...this coffee sucks.

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 12:43:00 »
got the rock glyph Ill put it up in the image thread... *yawn* need... sleep...

EDIT: My brain doesn'twant to function right at the momentand I cant for the life of me remember where I said that I would check bucks fisrt level. But I did and I scoured it and looked at everything in the visr mode (my eyes wont focus properly from staring into a glowing white screen from visr in daylight)...

AND

nothing. couldn't find any glyphs or neatokeen things at all. after some time I'll give it a runthrough...
Just giving updates... now it's time for sleep.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 12:52:29 by Kenji Hiamoto »
...this coffee sucks.

ViciousxRamen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 16:18:18 »
I am pretty famililar with halo canon so I can help with any questions pertaining to companies and factons within new mombasa. I'll be able to help with the compiling of that info.

thebraino

• SGP Moderator
  • The info you came here for is on that side... --->
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 02:01:42 »
I am pretty famililar with halo canon so I can help with any questions pertaining to companies and factons within new mombasa. I'll be able to help with the compiling of that info.
Starting a new thread (or wait for sub-forums to be established?) and posting and editing a compilation of what you can put up would always be appriciated. Just ramble off at first, you can always go back and edit the info [just label what version update it is ;)]

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 17:28:33 »
I am losing sleep and neglecting my GameFly account because of ODST and its many "mystery's". Last night I spent 2 hours hitting a dumpster and counting the different sounds it made... I am losing my mind. The reason im posting is.....back in halo 3 (in forge) you could over load the map to gain access to areas that you could normally not access. Has anyone tried this in New Mombasa?
If the gates leading to other section are blocked and unable to close would you overload the 2 sections? dumpsters, supply box,ghost,and mongoose could be moved in the path of the gates..

Just an idea..

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 17:52:16 »
GO TO SLEEP!  LOL

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe the Forge overloading was due to your ability to create object spawns.  This would need to be researched.  Since you cannot spawn items in MS (only move them) then I'm not too hopeful that the same thing could be done... but feel free to prove me wrong!!!   Just prove me wrong after you have slept!

Oh, and this place might be suitable for people exhausted to the point of counting dumpster sounds.  :P

VsH Tepec Fett

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Halocreation : French Glitchers Community
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 21:59:33 »
Coldglider is right : the overloading possibility during Halo 3 campaign is very restricted ... Actually, i've done it just once, with the "Unlimited Hornets + Unlimited Marines" during "Covenant Alliancy" mission (i did a funny advertisement video of it for my glitchers community forums : Halocalypse Now) , and the overload glitch in campaign only make just the map missed some textures, nothing else that could be helpful going into dark areas, i think.

But, in theory, if we find a glitch during New Mombasa Streets that allow us to have somme unlimited equipment, that could work ...

Tepec

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 22:15:11 »
I would assume that the gates are there for a reason. ODST has some-what of a "director" like left 4 dead which generates the glyphs and enemy drops kind or randomly. Has anyone played 4 player co-op and opened 4 different gates? I would think this would affect the generation of random event.  :)

or i could be borderline retarded.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 01:18:51 »
You should never be able to open four gates.  What happens is that when on player wanders too far out of the district where the other players are, the other players warp to the wandering player's location.

... and before you ask  :) :  If you try to block the gates while they are open they will indeed stay open... but only until you force the game engine to de-load that area so that it can load in a new one.  When this happens, the engine de-spawns any objects that are blocking the door and places them back at their original spawn points, then closes the door.

But you know what, Enigma?  You have made me think of a possible exploit.  And while I was thinking about that (and doing some game testing) I decided I have an addendum to Gothi's theory about the loading glitch.  So this is going to require another separate Ghost Chasers topic.  Oh, man... this coffee really has me going!

Thanks for the inspiration, Enigma!

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 14:40:01 »
Hey if anyone has inspired anything it has been you my friend. The amount of information you and fellow cohorts have gathered is quite impressive. I just hope Bungie was gratuitous enough to really put in a mega secret for its fans. :) I do wish that "they" would give a nod or a wink to the community, if only to say you're getting warm.
Suggestion: Could we get a dedicated forum for 4 player co-op investigation team? game tags and availability m-f s-s time zone and sub forums with finding. Some kind of structure may really help.

There may already be such a thing....so just point me in that direction.   

thebraino

• SGP Moderator
  • The info you came here for is on that side... --->
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 16:38:58 »
Hmmm...possibly create a dummy Live account like many clans do?
Just so we can look at the profile and look at all it's friends that are online.
'Course that might not get an organanized 4 player co-op, but it still be nice.

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 17:19:59 »
http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/330652/Group/GroupHome.aspx

Here is a link for Player to meet up and schedule investigations.. Of coarse all findings will be posted in its proper forum/topic, so as to not take away from what's being developed here.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 19:09:31 »
Hey- Knights of SGP!  Way to take the ball and run with it!

It's up to you guys how you want to handle this.  I had given it some thought previously, but like many other thoughts it got put on hold for other things.  I'm still recovering from the new video!

I could set up two boards here for friend-finding:  one for Firefight and one for Mombasa Streets.  (We could even retain the Knights of SGP name and have them moderated by enigma.)  I can have these set up today... doesn't take long at all.  Because these boards would be hosted at SGP, you would have a one-stop shop for browsing SGP-related forum posts.  You would also have the search feature, which the BNET forum sorely lacks.  

It's really up to you guys.  Since this was your idea Enigma, what do you think?  

>>SENT: [COLDGLIDER.ADMIN.SGP] 2009.10.10 >> Clarification: you can search the forums on BNET, but the results are often spotty.  One search here will reveal SGP Knights info as well as any other forum posts that user has made.  One-stop shop.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 19:37:43 by ColdGlider »

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 19:47:20 »
Awesome! I think that's a great idea! Thanks for the back up CG! :)