Author Topic: SGP: Dropping into the Breach 'rethink'  (Read 1667 times)

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
SGP: Dropping into the Breach 'rethink'
« on: November 23, 2009, 03:49:24 »
At the behest of some fellow members I have been asked to rebuild this. Last time around it got... crazy...

This tracks the tales of a squad of ODST marines whose mission, like others at the time, was to drop into a low flying Covenant ship and destroy it from the inside. Their target was the capitol ship that, unknown to the humans, would jump out of the city throwing the hapless squad scattered through the city.

Their mission? Get to a new Covenant ship and destroy that one. Many challenges, friends, surprises, and tough decisions, await the squad.

Time to drop, soldier!

The Rules:
Their are five living soldiers. Our pilot didn't make it. When the Covenant ship jumped, it took him with it and now he is floating through space waiting for his oxygen to run out.

One of the soldiers is myself. Sergeant Kenji Hiamato or Sarge or what ever nickname the squad comes up with. That makes four other soldiers. If there are more than four people that want to play, then I can arrange for the squad to meet up with the police, UNSC, or possibly remaining covenant from the great schism.

I would like you to send me a message with a brief description of your ODST's background, personality, and role in the squad. Background isn't as important I just like to know where you come from... nothing fancy, just enough info so that I can gauge how you might react to certain things. Oh and your rank too, just don't outrank me.  :)
That leaves you guys to either Corporal, Private, or Recruit.

If you don't want to be an ODST give me the same info, just in regards to squad role, replace that with what his role was in his previous squad. This goes for any allied Covenant as well.

OK here come the more harsh rules. Ask a player first before you control his character in ANY way. Your not invincible, Master Chief is, so act accordingly. Your not 100% accurate- misses will often happen. That's why we have automatic rifles (and yes snipers miss sometimes too). Try to make your targets a little realistic. They won't all lay down and give up their equipment and allow you get near them. The Brutes will probably have scanning equipment similar to the Chief's and Elites'.

Oh a side note... Plasma weapons will KILL you! The Covenant have to get close for them to be accurate though. Go to Halopedia and look up the plasma pistol http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Type-25_Directed_Energy_Pistol. Right now, I'll wait. Done? Good. Every plasma weapon will fu** you up and cause death in one to three shots. That's why the Covenant are winning. The Fuel Gun Rod is pretty much the king of devastation and far outstrips rocket launchers. As a matter of fact all Covenant tech and weapons is far superior to anything the humans have excluding 117's shielding.

Spell well, form your sentences well, don't God Mode, don't play other people's character unless you work something out, use proper grammar and run-on sentences like the one you're reading, and HAVE FUN. Enjoy a day in the life of a soldier about to die at a moment's notice!

I'll start it when I have a full squad and will update the list below as people sign up!

ODST 1: Seargeant Kenji Hiamato
ODST 2: ...Pending...
ODST 3: ...Pending...
ODST 4: ...Pending...
ODST 5: ...Pending...
ODST 6: Corporal Jones (Pronounced Jo-en-es) hahaha

Auxiliaries
Virin Leven - SpecOps Elite

Sorry for the slow start guys!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 16:41:35 by Kenji »
...this coffee sucks.

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SGP: Dropping into the Breach 'rethink'
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 18:43:41 »
Must...bump...must...keep...thread...alive...
Apprentice...Trekker...reporting in...
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...