Author Topic: SGP: Superintendent Sayings in Mombasa Streets  (Read 4285 times)

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
SGP: Superintendent Sayings in Mombasa Streets
« on: November 23, 2009, 04:50:06 »
Everyone knows that when you walk up to an Optican Station, you hear the SI say phrases like:

"Optican: Health Care On Demand."
"Need Medical Assistance?  Choose Optican!"
"Fast, accurate diagnosis- or your money back!"

But did you know there are different expressions triggered by the active UNSC Recruiting Centers?  By active, I mean that they contain COMM Data that hasn't yet been collected.  (Perhaps others will work, too... no confirmations yet.)  As you approach a recruiting center, the display will change from the "UNSC Navy - Holding the Line" image to the SI Optican Image.  As this happens, a random sample from the SI's catalog of expressions will play.  I tested this using one located in the Southwest corner of District 08, while mapping on Easy.  Here are some of the expressions I heard (coudn't get a seventh... perhaps on a higher difficulty?):

"Keep It Clean!"
"Pardon Our Dust"
"Detour:  Proceed With Caution"
"Yellow Means Yield"
"Please Remain Calm"
"Metropolitan Disaster!"

Please post more expressions if you find them!
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Dunder Moose

• SGP Moderator
  • Gherjsz<GP
    • View Profile
    • Rockblog
Re: SGP: Superintendent Sayings in Mombasa Streets
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 13:27:05 »
How do you activate those if you already have all of Sadie's story?
::0:-:-:0:-:0:0:0:-:000000:-:0000000:-:0000:00:0:0:0:00:00:000:0::

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 18:28:29 »
Create a new profile on your 360.  This does not mean you need another XBL account.  You can make as many local profiles as you need, basically.  The new profile will be a completely blank slate which you can use for testing purposes.  *sigh*  I do this all too frequently.
 :-[

This means you'll have to play CM:TP again... but on easy you can literally sprint through the level without killing a single enemy.  Takes about a minute.  And you don't have to play CM:UR to get to the first UNSC Recruiting Station in D08.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 16:23:14 »
While i was on my Scatcycle account (one and only) i had all sadies story and that stuff and so when me and glitcher got out of tarayazi plaza we went to this garden like place with trees near crater and i saw a security so i went to it, i couldnt open it but i heard vergil saying something. it wasnt the optican stuff. It was weird. I heard him right outside the door.
I feel it

odst glitcher

• founder of the AR and zombie elites
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 16:25:25 »
While i was on my Scatcycle account (one and only) i had all sadies story and that stuff and so when me and glitcher got out of tarayazi plaza we went to this garden like place with trees near crater and i saw a security so i went to it, i couldnt open it but i heard vergil saying something. it wasnt the optican stuff. It was weird. I heard him right outside the door.

wow did i miss it we should get out again and see
who are you and why are you looking at my profile

odst glitcher

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 16:26:20 »
This means you'll have to play CM:TP again... but on easy you can literally sprint through the level without killing a single enemy.  Takes about a minute.  And you don't have to play CM:UR to get to the first UNSC Recruiting Station in D08.

i done that no bullets or melees or even killing it took about 2:30 no deaths except my friend got splattered by a flying car lol

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 16:27:54 »

wow did i miss it we should get out again and see
yeah you were by that dumb tree. i was gonna send you a message but it would take work.
I feel it

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 20:32:09 »
sorry for necro posting but i never told you guys: The superintendant said something about "mombasa" (read posts above) but i couldnt hear the full thing. odst glitcher says its normal but...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 20:37:10 by Scatcycle »
I feel it

odst glitcher

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 22:27:05 »
sorry for necro posting but i never told you guys: The superintendant said something about "mombasa" (read posts above) but i couldnt hear the full thing. odst glitcher says its normal but...

mm ofcourse that is normal  :laugh: it happens every time you enter that district where you find dare`s pod

leveneleven

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 06:40:08 »
I've also heard the SI say,
"Where are you Sadie?"

It was a while ago, when I was working on beating the game on Legendary, though I don't know if that makes a difference. It was at one of the recruiting centers. I was especially taken aback because typically the SI only says prerecorded messages. This was very distinctly robotic and sounded forced out, like it was obvious he wasn't used to forming nonrecorded sentences, it reminded me of the voice of Wall-E, if you've seen the movie.

I don't have any proof, but has anyone else heard this?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 06:51:09 by leveneleven »

Hornet 416 (Vandal)

• Now thats what i call a Explosion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 00:44:04 »
"Where are you Sadie?"

It was a while ago, when I was working on beating the game on Legendary, though I don't know if that makes a difference. It was at one of the recruiting centers. I was especially taken aback because typically the SI only says prerecorded messages. This was very distinctly robotic and sounded forced out, like it was obvious he wasn't used to forming nonrecorded sentences, it reminded me of the voice of Wall-E, if you've seen the movie.

Maybe difficulties have certain dialogue that can only be heard with that difficulty
Did you have IWHBYD Skull on?
*Stares At Wall*

leveneleven

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 00:47:46 »
"Where are you Sadie?"

Maybe difficulties have certain dialogue that can only be heard with that difficulty
Did you have IWHBYD Skull on?

Actually, I probably did. I typically keep Bday grunts and IWHBYD on by default.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 01:11:18 »
i dont think IWHBYD would have made the superintendant say that. I think its a good find. Its to serious to be an IWHBYD saying.

\|/ \|/ \|/  Yeah maybe.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 01:52:27 by Scatcycle »
I feel it

Hornet 416 (Vandal)

• Now thats what i call a Explosion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 01:13:17 »
i dont think IWHBYD would have made the superintendant say that. I think its a good find. Its to serious to be an IWHBYD saying.

Well maybe Difficulties, Remember on Halo 2 on Metropolis level on Different Difficulties Sgt. Johnson says different things
*Stares At Wall*

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 06:02:26 »
I briefly tried to trigger the message tonight with negative results.  D@L, IWHBYD, Grunt BD.  Repeatedly triggered the sound from the Recruiting station in the Drop Pod courtyard in D04.  My profile only had 22 of the COMM Data items at the time.