Halo ODST > SGP Task Force: Ghost Chasers

SGP: A Glaring Glyph Oversight While Reading the POGG

(1/3) > >>

ColdGlider:
The Prima Official Game Guide (POGG) for ODST contains another reference to the Glyphs that I managed to miss when I originally read through it.  The reference is in regard to noticing the clues the SI provides to lead you through the city.  After mentioning the car alarms, changing signs, et cetera the guide reads (pg. 33, under "Tip"):

--- Quote ---Covenant glyphs also hint at the direction you must take.
--- End quote ---
Well I'll be a Forerunner's Uncle!  Sure wish I had noticed that the first time through!  This certainly doesn't imply that directions are all the Glyphs are for (don't forget the alleged Staten quote re: Forerunner Ships).  It does confirm what we have observed for months:  the A and B glyphs lead us to clue items the majority of the time; the Y-Glyphs point out weapons (beams rifles, for example).  Perhaps the A nd B glyphs at the end of Kikowani Station were there simply to indicate "Hey!  Go down that hall and blow the Squidhouses up to end the level!"  Seems redundant with the voice scripting, but who knows?  Perhaps the scripting came later.

If all the glyphs are for is to mark a direction, then which direction is the Super TriGlyph (and others in District 04) trying to get us to go in?

My apologies for missing this back in September.  Truth be told, I never had a need to refer back to the POGG once I had familiarized myself with the Firefight levels.  I found it today while double-checking some facts on COMM Data appearance requirements.  

Scatcycle:
ok. for fun im gonna send out the wildest theory ever. maybe theres a another flashback! like romeos or dares! maybe the glyphs are pointing us to it! becaus as you know, i still see those sirens flashing.

Pulse Cloud:

--- Quote from: Scatcycle on November 23, 2009, 15:20:42 ---still see those sirens flashing.

--- End quote ---

You see them because they're near flashback-items (or whatever you want to call them). <I'm assuming you've got all the audio logs>

ColdGlider:
If you see sirens flashing on cars, you are missing a nearby COMM Data item.  ODST maintains two saved states for each Xbox360 Profile:  one for Solo, one for Co-Op.  These contain your VISR data (your COMM entries) - so even if you collected all 30 entries in Co-Op, when you play Solo you will see sirens again.  And vice versa.

This is actually something the Recon Team needs to be aware of before they venture out.  Each member should make sure they have all the items in both modes.

Scatcycle:
nil, my flashback was set to ht remote detanoator one on the bridge. i have all the comm thins. ALL OF EM@!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version