Author Topic: SGP: Disappearing Glyphs  (Read 3199 times)

ZaggRukk

• View Profile
SGP: Disappearing Glyphs
« on: October 05, 2009, 11:39:26 »
Hey everyone.  Just signed up, to see what was what and where this take us.  And yes, one and the same from B.net.  I as of now have not been able to get the tri-glyph (3 SI icons) on the "magic" wall, to appear.  Sorry, I forgot what you call it.  And, the "secret" room as its been dubbed for now, does not stay open.  Didn't know if anyone posted that yet or not.

That's not why I'm posting however.  I have noticed on my wanderings that some glyphs can be seen without the use of the VISR.  So far, the ones that you can see without the VISR, are the ones used to mark locations for the audio files and missions.  They are faint, but you can still see them on the walls when close enough.  However, the glyphs that disappear cannot be seen without the visor, while they are "missing".  I had to edit this, since I was misinforming earlier.  Was thinking that they could not be seen even while they appeared.  I was wrong.  This leads me to believe that the other permenant glyph were built into the text of the walls/banners, while the other require an activation of some kind.  That would mean that they have a purpose for some thing.  And since I'm editing this, I might as well state that I did get the Tri-glyph to light up, only to find out that the other glyphs vanished, and the two SI cache's  in district 8 were empty.

Just thought I would throw that out there for everyone.  And, if this has already been noted somewhere else, move it, delete it, whatever.  
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 12:08:12 by ZaggRukk »

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
Re: SGP: Disappearing Glyphs
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 13:00:59 »
I did notice that about the glyphs, how they can still be seen with the visor off... I have yet to find any permanent glyphs that aren't the ones near story mode sites...

Im gonna note the near the magic wall there are a TON of glyphs, as we all know. I notice that all the glyphs with symbols in them are near story missions... except the ones near the magic wall. This place HAS to be very important. another not on major areas are the squidhenge and the large blank Si circle in district (08?) that I found...
...this coffee sucks.

ZaggRukk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 13:14:05 »
That Large empty SI icon, disappeared on me.  Waiting for it to come back.  I was thinking, that if something were in that room, it might be on the waterfall wall next to it.  The engineers seem to light up the same place when I enter the room.  I also think that we will know we are gettign closer to a goal, if that large SI icon changes (eyes appear, etc.).  Maybe I'm thinking too much though.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 06:20:43 by ColdGlider »

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
  • Lookin' out for pink balloons and cartoon faces
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 12:46:46 »
Thinking is whats gonna get these mysteries solved!

I don't know if you all saw my post in the other topic regarding glyphs semi-disappearing in coop; has anyone else experimented with the disappearing this way?  I didn't have time to fully investigate last night, but an SI monoglyph lost the SI for 1 person and not the other.  The 2nd person loaded through a door, came back and the SI was back for him also...

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 16:43:59 »
ZaggRukk:  when you look at that simple circular glyph (or SI glyph) that disappeared on you without your VISR can you still see it?  I'll go check myself when I'm done with my admin work.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

ZaggRukk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 08:58:41 »
Unfortunately no.  I did however, go back to the room, only to have one glyph show up.  A simple glyph towards the upper lefthand side of that wall.

JUJU DA FOOL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 17:48:37 »
wow, iam completely intrigued by your research! have you tried to throw a plasma gernade or melee the wall when the topo symbol is gone maybe that means that a door is unlocked 0,0??? if this does work just mentiion i had the idea if it doesnt maybe itl work some where else.
i even shot at the glyphs in stonehenge[i put my back to the wall w/ the sad superintendent on it and shot all the glyphs that had anY(only the ones that had the Y in normal position) and shot the superintendent glyph last] and the music changed! maybe this is when you need to check out the wall? maybe you should do this to all of them and then check the wall this is just a lead. this might revile what the covenant are looking for?
well happy hunting and does anyone know ne good 1 hit moves for brutes? 2 shots from the sniper riffle[good shots] wil drop a hunter.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 21:19:48 by Phantasm 08 »

thebraino

• SGP Moderator
  • The info you came here for is on that side... --->
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 20:52:09 »
i even shot at the glyphs in stonehenge[i put my back to the wall w/ the sad superintendent on it and shot all the glyphs that had anY(only the ones that had the Y in normal position) and shot the superintendent glyph last] and the music changed!
^Needs to be checked out.

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 21:03:29 »
Well... you could stay in one place, do nothing and the music would change.

If anything what KIND of music was playing? something you never heard before?