Author Topic: SGP: Floor Glyphs and Footbridge S06  (Read 2620 times)

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
  • Lookin' out for pink balloons and cartoon faces
    • View Profile
SGP: Floor Glyphs and Footbridge S06
« on: October 05, 2009, 14:12:36 »
So I noticed at the footbridge near a large group of dead elites (District...8?) that there's a Simple Glyph on the ground amongst the elites with its single prong pointing towards a wall.  On the two lower prongs two pieces of newspaper cover both ends, I can't tell whats on them.  I didn't get a chance to screenshot yet, I will today.

Has anyone else seen any glyphs on the ground instead of on the walls/ceiling?

EDIT:  Topic name modified on discovering these are not unique, but I think this specific one is still significant.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 06:13:41 by ColdGlider »

JSM26

• View Profile
Re: SGP: Unique Floor Glyph?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 14:33:44 »
I did notice one, in one of the back alley areas (I will have to check for the location later), it was a blank 'Y' glyph, fairly large, and grouped with more dead elites and blank glyphs.

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 15:40:08 »
Its under the footbridge where Buck mentions seeing all the dead elites during the day.  I don't know if either the glyph or the newspaper is there during the daytime.

And all the glyphs in that area were Simple Glyphs when I visited it, which was just after starting MS and opening the first glyph door.

JSM26

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 16:54:24 »
I know the area your describing, and if there is in fact a floor glyph there, then they are not unique, as I know of at least one other.

Over the next few days I want to start mapping out the locations of the 'simple' glyphs, in order to give us all a better reference to refer to, and to see if there is any sort of pattern to their placement. I will be sure to note the presence of any strangely placed glyphs as well.

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 17:24:17 »
I did notice floor glyphs elsewhere after posting this.  I also put pics in the image thread, including the papers on the prongs of the glyph.  One seems to be a bar code and the other is a newspaper article with a picture of a grunt.

A thought just occured to me:

I got a "Checkpoint...done" when looking at the aforementioned glyphs (precisely, the one on the wall of the footbridge base).  Maybe the grunt indicates that after doing this you need to go to the courtyard with dead grunts?  Can someone check this?

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
Re: SGP: Floor Glyphs and Footbridge S06
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 20:50:10 »
I notice the 'checkpoints' nearby mysterious areas to! as if its tellings us we are on to something.
As for the map. I think someone is working on one thats blank so we can scribble all over it.
...this coffee sucks.

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 21:37:21 »
Another piece to the not-firefight Crater: there were 2 Engineers and 1(gold, captain) Brute there.  I have NEVER seen a lone Brute in ODST (except for the 2 scripted individuals running up the hill at the end of Uplift Reserve).  I couldn't have killed his grunts, I had only killed 1 jackal so far that game, there were no other jackals or brutes anywhere in the area.

Thoughts?

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 22:09:28 »
Don't forget our pal Tepec made us a blank map. It's in the gallery here.
It's a large enough image that I was able to crop out District 08 and use it for my Secret Supply Cache map here

It may be a little "fuzzy" since it is constructed from vidcap images, but it works fine for me (I was going to make the same map so I'm glad he did it for us!)

Really wanting that mapping task force now.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

ZaggRukk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 02:48:53 »
Someone on the  B.net forum just mentioned that in the area where the "Believe" sign is, under the footbridge, a dumpster lid closes by itself when you get near it.  they also said that after it closes, music starts to play.  That could be causing your checkpoint.

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 02:51:59 »
music does seem to pick up after a check point... as for the dumpster, they all do that...
...this coffee sucks.

ZaggRukk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 03:50:54 »
Was also mentioned that that particular dumpster cannot be knocked over.  I was able to knock over the other two in that area, but didn't have any grenades left to try that one.  I believe that the lid is open to block the glyph on the wall??  Not sure on that.  Glyph was not there when I was there last.

GlyphGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 03:54:49 »
Was also mentioned that that particular dumpster cannot be knocked over.  I was able to knock over the other two in that area, but didn't have any grenades left to try that one.  I believe that the lid is open to block the glyph on the wall??  Not sure on that.  Glyph was not there when I was there last.
I got stuck in it (laughing in the back ground) and my friend tipped it over fine...
When death is life and life is death... what is bananas?

Apollo Doom

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 12:50:19 »
I was playing with a friend last night who managed to do this also.  We found out that you can beat someone down through and also shoot out of the dumpster.  Then a patrol walked down the street and stood next to the dumpster shooting at me without even seeing him.  A grunt turned around and saw him through a crack, squawked and through a sticky inside with him.  We were laughing harder that I have yet with ODST.