Author Topic: SGP: Glyph Key for District 09 - The Movie  (Read 808 times)

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
SGP: Glyph Key for District 09 - The Movie
« on: November 25, 2009, 00:54:01 »
The guy who brought the J-Codes to our attention (thebruce) has also provided a key to translating the glyphs from the film District 09 on his Wiki site.  Mr. Bruce seems like a pretty alright guy!  I just wish he'd respond to my communication- he'd be a great addition to our team!  Anyhow...

Many are already aware that this movie production began with the intent to produce a film based on Halo.  Due to its origin, it is debatable that many elements appearing in the film were reworked versions that were originally direct correlations to things we known and love from our favorite franchise.

My hypothesis is that the District 09 glyphs were reworked versions of the Forerunner Glyphs.  We see many examples of the latter in Halo 3, for example (click to see the image in our Gallery, if you wish):

and:

The District 09 glyphs and the Forerunner Glyphs look very similar to me.  An index of the Forerunner Glyphs... a worthy project, perhaps.
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
Re: SGP: Glyph Key for District 09 - The Movie
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 01:30:10 »
If im right it was out before ODST right? Could you provide some pics of the 09 glyphs?
I feel it