Author Topic: Cut Scenes  (Read 2156 times)

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
Cut Scenes
« on: December 07, 2009, 22:00:56 »
I could be way off base here:

Aren't all the cut scenes built into the game?

Let me clarify:

Remember those old games where you typed in GOD MODE and WALKTRU WALLS? you would fly around the map, off in the distance you would see a "secret" room and as you fly up to it, you find that its from one of the many cut scene's from the game..

So, just a thought..

Legendary Ending... Could we find the Prophets scene?

Maybe this is a Black OPS thing..

« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 03:45:45 by ColdGlider »

Pulse Cloud

• SGP Moderator
  • The pickle-shooting Cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Cut Scene 's
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 22:04:59 »
I didn't understand what you said. I never heard of something like that...

(Oh, and please clarify if you meant 'cut-scenes', or more commonly said 'cinematic')
I am tree.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 01:27:23 »
yes, ive done it on PC games, but as you could see the ark backround is just a picture. You will see just the picture.
I feel it

leveneleven

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 21:00:19 »
Most of the cutscenes are indeed filmed "in-game".

An obvious example of this is the scene at the beginning of the NMPD HQ level where the pelican is chased by banshees and Romeo shoots at them with the sniper (the level even starts with three shots having been fired from his clip).

A less obvious example can be taken from Halo 3. If you remember the scene where the characters have gathered in the Elite flagship to chase the brutes to the Ark, they're in the bridge of the ship talking about saving cortana and kicking covenant ass and stuff. That scene is actually filmed "in" the level "The Ark", and you can even get into the bridge where it's filmed, which is hidden inside a mountain. There's a youtube clip here showing you how to do it, if you care to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zumz4Ie5wvY

So, it stands to reason that most, if not all, cutscenes are filmed somewhere "inside" levels, though they're often cleverly hidden behind scenery.

An exception  might be scenes that have their own "level." An example of the is the "Prepare to Drop" opening scene, which probably stands alone from the other stages. Another example might be the post-credits ending cutscenes, which likely have their own "levels" as well.

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 21:45:50 »
Thank you leveneleven!!

So, its simple. We just need to get out of the MS and walk around.

Legendary ending the prophet and the glyphs: I would think that we would need to get out of the map on the last level.

This might actually be easy, using the Warthog/ grenade technique. The real question i would have is if we did this on easy would we still be able the find the scene with the Prophet and the glyphs ( cus I don't want to try doing this on Legendary!)

Thoughts?

leveneleven

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 22:36:27 »
Don't get too excited enigma. If it were that easy, there would probably be many more cutscene areas from Halo 2/3/ODST already found. The reason the one i showed you was able to be found was because it was so big, it came right up to the edge of the scenery and the finders were able to sneak in through a loading glitch in forge. Most other cutscenes are probably embedded under multiple layers of scenery that would be much more difficult to get through. Additionally, I'm skeptical that the "legendary" ending is accessable at all since I'd bet is has it's own "level" similar to "Prepare to Drop"

I could be wrong though, and this is certainly something to keep in mind. Maybe you should ask the Ghost of Squidhenge :P

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 22:53:23 »
Maybe my friend maybe...

Im going to try for it tomorrow morning. At least the last level on easy..

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 23:30:06 »
but think. after u win and u get in the phantom and ride away while city gets destroyed theres a loading scene. this could mean its a whole new level with 2 BOXES. One that has the ark and one that has the orbital station. If this is the case we cant get to them.
I feel it

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 23:51:02 »
Why not? all we need to do is break the barrier (sounds easy) once that is done its time to hop into monitor mode and fly at fast speeds though out the level, searching high and low for "Box scene's"....LOL BS for short

Box scene's: BS:  Box scene's are a quarantine section of a map where cinematic take place and players can not access during "normal" game play.

Open scene's: OS: Open scene's are just that, they are open scene which can easily be accessed at some point during "normal" game play.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 23:57:02 »
Or maybe its... GORDAN FREEMAN STYLE! lol
I feel it

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 02:32:08 »
I feel it

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 03:58:06 »
I could be wrong though, and this is certainly something to keep in mind. Maybe you should ask the Ghost of Squidhenge :P
HA!  NICE one, leven!  You post from out of nowhere with not only a wealth of information, but also a killer joke regarding current events.  WTG!

I didn't know about the cruiser hidden in the mountain in H3.  Given the trouble that we've had even replicating what ODST Glitcher did on Lost Platoon I don't really have high hopes about "easily" breaking through any level barriers.  Where's Tepec Fett?!?!?
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cut Scenes
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 12:03:18 »
Can't you just use PanCam?  :P
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

EnigmaBiz

• Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
  • Sphinx Grand Pharaoh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 23:45:58 »
I think someone posted somewhere about the barriers, or maybe I read it somewhere else....

I think there is 3 types:

Rubber band: (Breaking Rubbers)usually the games first line of defense. This can be broken by speed force, such as driving or flying and reaching full speed. once you have moved passed a invisible threshold you must exit the vehicle. Once your passed it you CAN return back.

Soft One way Barriers:(SOB - because you will be cry'n) Usually unreachable able unless the rubber band is broken or you know how to super jump ( which ODST cant do). These are one way barriers, you can cross them but you cant come back.

Boarder Out Of Bounce : (LOL) This is the chieftain of barriers and they are so strong they are invincible. You would need to break all of the previous barriers to even meet this guy and no you cant break it. 

odst glitcher

• founder of the AR and zombie elites
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 01:08:51 »
Can't you just use PanCam?  :P

i have gotten out of many levels in forge w/o pan-cam even check my profile

cold glider:

I didn't know about the cruiser hidden in the mountain in H3.  Given the trouble that we've had even replicating what ODST Glitcher did on Lost Platoon I don't really have high hopes about "easily" breaking through any level barriers.  Where's Tepec Fett?!?!?

i know a few ways out of barriers all you need is to be solo and get killed OOM(out of map) then launched high enough to be able to get into monitor mode but i`ve never really found a cutscene area i know a few ways out of MS and other maps so i may try them sometime

who are you and why are you looking at my profile