Author Topic: SGP: District Door ID Numbers  (Read 3186 times)

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
SGP: District Door ID Numbers
« on: December 09, 2009, 02:25:39 »
I have created a new map and posted it here in the Image Gallery.

The map identifies all 44 of the District Doors with a unique ID number.  For anyone who wishes to report findings related to a District Door, using the IDs provided in this map will allow everyone to understand exactly which door is meant.

I could have used an arbitrary assignment of numbers from 1-44, but I felt that the IDs should have an inherent meaning.  To this end, each ID is comprised of the two district numbers which correspond to the two districts joined by the given district door.  You'll see these same IDs in maps I made previously (e.g. this map to show the location of Squidhenge.)

The IDs are in the format Dxxyy-z where xx and yy are district numbers indicating the districts on either side of the door ("ON" for ONI) and z is a letter between A and C which helps to make the ID unique in cases where multiple doors exist between the same two districts.

I assigned the numbers following a path through the city which approximates the "typical" path you might follow if you were playing campaign mode the way it was "intended" and described in the Prima Official Game Guide.  In other words: D05,D08,D09,D06,D04,D10,ONI,D03,D00.  

While making this map, I discovered a few points of interest:

There are two locked doors which lead into an undefined District above D05.  This district would be a mirror image of D10.  Although it may have been more logical to call this "District 11", I opted to give it the ID 99 since that was the last valid district number in my district door ID format- it also seemed presumptive to consider it District 11 since perhaps (if we're lucky!) such a District might exist with that number already!  Therefore, there are two District Door IDs in D05 with the number 99 in them: D0599-A and D0299-A.  You can tell right from the IDs that these doors are in Districts 05 and 02, respectively.  District 02?!?  Yes... you can see where the door would be in the dark area of District 02.  You can also see how the shape of "District 99" mirrors the shape of District 10, the latter which contains two doors in the same orientation.  

There are also two locked doors in the dark area of D09 which lead to a non-district (unknown) area and received the 99 treatment:  D0999-A and D0999-B.  These were added to the map 2009.12.12.

A third update on 2009.12.17 added six more doors into D99.  D00 was updated with D0099-A and D0099-B which can be observed by bump glitching.  The remaining four doors are theoretical.  They should exist based on the presumption that the district they're marked in is a mirror image of a district in which they can be observed.  In D07 I added D0799-A and D0799-B.  These should exist based on the doors D0099-A and D0099-B.  Finally, in D01 I added D0199-A and D0199-B.  These should exist based on the doors D0999-A and D0999-B.  With enough Black Ops work, it may be possible to observe these four theoretical doors.

The doors which lead from District 10 into ONI are different from the others:  they bear the ONI logo and retract vertically rather than horizontally.  I didn't bother to make the icons for these doors a different color since they are basically the same in function from the player's perspective.  Only two of these doors are unlocked (the two that you always have to go though to get to ONI.)  It's worth noting that the first door (D1010-A) doesn't actually connect to a different district... technically speaking.  The tunnel that you travel through is part of the District 10 BSP.  It isn't until you get to the second one (D10ON-A) that the final loading for the ONI area occurs.  Indeed, you can bump D04 or D06 using the preload boundary in the tunnel, which is just inside of D1010-A.  Had they constructed all of the district doors this way (with preload boundaries behind an initial door) then accidental bumping (and object despawning) would happen a lot less.  Ah, well.

Please let me know if you find any errors with this first version of the map, and especially if you find any missing doors!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 17:53:57 by nightcrafter27 »
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
Re: District Door ID Numbers
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 06:11:43 »
While taking photos of District Doors in D09 for the sake of Dunder Moose's Weekly Challenge I had to bump D09 to get to the D09 sides of D0906-A and D0809-C.  In the process I discovered two more doors which were not on the map or included in my total.

Both doors are locked and would lead into unknown territory (i.e. not a known district).  The new IDs are therefore D0999-A and D0999-B.  I have updated the map as well as my original post.  Also, the HAQ from this post.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 17:58:04 by nightcrafter27 »

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 23:53:22 »
cant u unlock doors by opening them from the other side?
I feel it

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 23:58:43 »
Nope.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 00:00:59 »
hmm... I thought you could? i remember theres the one door next to dares crash site, which i remember opening from the other side. maybe it was the opposite of the crash site. but im pretty sure it wasnt. there wasnt any superintendent glyphs.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 09:23:10 by Kenji »
I feel it

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 05:36:38 »
Well, if you start the campaing all over/"Prepare to drop", when you're down in the city, District doors are all closed, but after you do the "Tayari Plaza", they open.
Could that have been it?
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 05:59:42 »
He may have also been confusing DDs with TGSDs.  There is a TGSD in D05 that does not unlock until the game has been completed by selecting the "Mombasa Streets" mission.  It leads back into the courtyard adjacent to where you begin CM:TP.  When the door is locked, the western portion of D05 is a black area.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 17:58:43 by nightcrafter27 »

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 09:10:32 »
I have updated the map again.  Two doors in the black area of D00 were added along with four "theoretical doors" which brings the total up to 44 DDs.  Once again I have updated the OP as well.

I'd like to find a way to get the camera past the invisible ceiling in D01 at the beginning of CM:CH so I can observe D0199-A and D0199-B.

odst glitcher

• founder of the AR and zombie elites
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 17:00:32 »
I have updated the map again.  Two doors in the black area of D00 were added along with four "theoretical doors" which brings the total up to 44 DDs.  Once again I have updated the OP as well.

I'd like to find a way to get the camera past the invisible ceiling in D01 at the beginning of CM:CH so I can observe D0199-A and D0199-B.

i`ll tell you how

while messing around trying to launch across the bridge i got bored and started to nade myself with plasmas

in one attempt my body actually launched above the barrier and was stuck in mid air where the DO9(i think) would be

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=102538377

as you can see only the district i was in loaded but if you can launch your body out in D01 you could view the outside

p.s. i`m gonna try and get out next to uplift reserve to see if it loads
who are you and why are you looking at my profile

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 18:33:59 »
Could you give me the video Glitcher? I would have some use for it...
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

odst glitcher

• founder of the AR and zombie elites
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 23:47:45 »
Could you give me the video Glitcher? I would have some use for it...

aww crap i just went offline and i wont be going back on till tommorow  >:(

all you need to do is spam yourself with plasma grenades(or a frag and rocket) and get lucky enough for your body to pass the barrier
who are you and why are you looking at my profile

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
Re: SGP: District Door ID Numbers
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 09:27:49 »
Two things...
One: Imppa, stand on a fusion coil and 'nade that... That will throw you a ways up.
Two: Cold Glider, I had a thougt just now. What about a map for all bumpable and/or Mongoose trick doors. Your color coding is nice. This map would need three colors; Mongoose only, Bump only, and Both.
...this coffee sucks.

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
Re: SGP: District Door ID Numbers
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 09:38:24 »
You mean something like this?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 18:33:56 by nightcrafter27 »