Author Topic: SGP: Progress Report - 2009.10.04  (Read 1995 times)

ColdGlider

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GruntsPajamas.com
SGP: Progress Report - 2009.10.04
« on: October 05, 2009, 07:26:37 »
If there was one word to describe today's progress, it would have to be: WOW!

I am struggling to keep my eyes open to write this because once the discoveries began I was simply too excited (and busy!) to sleep.  For me, that time is finally an inevitability.   Before I go off to count my Grunties, I wanted to try to pull together what we learned today with a few notes on follow-up "to dos".

Before we do that, let me give a collective shout out to all of our new members!  In one day we were joined by 10 fresh minds:

• mob legndkiller
  • jag4191
  • Sane888
  • ketnerj
  • AlkalineProdigy
  • Kenji Hiamoto
  • Sqweryl
  • thebraino
  • VsH Tepec Fett
  • Omeganuepsilon

Nearly everyone posted, and I received numerous PMs as well.  The wealth of information being shuttled about today was staggering.  I'm truly impressed by what we all managed to uncover, produce, assemble, and organize.  We're making progress!

Now for some of the line items:

District 08's banners might be blue, green, or both.  We need is to dig up some footage from the Tayari Plaza level for clear daytime images.  Keep your eyes peeled while you're in this district and if you can produce a clear image please post it.

>> 2009.10.13 >> SENT: [COLDGLIDER.ADMIN.SGP]  >>  They're blue.

A trip from D04's Magic Wall Super TriGlyph to the D06 Squidhenge security door will blank the magic wall.  [ColdGlider]  More reports on this behavior from our members is required to mark this down as fact.

A trip from D04's Magic Wall while it is blank to the D04 Supply Cache will cause the SuperTri to appear on the Magic Wall. [ColdGlider]

A trip from D04's Magic Wall while it is blank to Mickey's Pod Areas in D04 will cause the SuperTri to appear on the Magic Wall. [mob legndkiller]

If the Simple Glyphs in D06 (near the fallen Elites) disappear, so does the writing on the wall next to the graffiti reading "BELIEVE".[mob legndkiller]  We need to assemble before and after photos of this.

Saving and quitting in front of the magic wall when its blank seems to make it reappear when you reload your save. [ColdGlider/Kenji]

Saving and quitting in a district will maintain the state of any visible glyphs in that district when you load your save back up. [Kenji]

When one glyph disappears, usually other glyphs disappear at the same time.  The scope of the disappearance event can span districts. [ColdGlider, mob legndkiller, Kenji]

In theater mode, you cannot see glyphs while in flying camera mode; you must be following your character. [mob legndkiller]

The Stonehenge rooms from Sectors 4, 5, and 6 form a "V" on the map.  This means you can draw straight line down from the V to form a "Y".  [ketnerj]

The dark areas of District 09 are accessible! [Kenji/VsH Tepec Fett]  VsH Tepec Fett has confirmation Film Clips in his Bungie File Share.  Kenji and myself have taken images which will appear in our gallery. (his are better, as always!)

The dark areas of District 00 are accessible! [VsH Tepec Fett]  Again, VsH Tepec Fett has confirmation Film Clips in his Bungie File Share.

Secret Room 01 is discovered through the first usage of a Glyph Unlock ("D06 Glyph Unlock")[ColdGlider]It remains to be seen whether it was merely the travel from D08 to D06 and finally right back to D08 which was the trigger or if the Glyph is absolutely mandatory.  The video shows before and (briefly) after.

Secret Supply Cache 01 in District 08 is discovered using the D06 Glyph Unlock[AlkalineProdigy]

The first in-game Super MonoGlyph is discovered![mob legndkiller]

In addtion to ODST research, the SGP site had its own milestones:
  • The image gallery was expanded to include albums for Glyphs, Maps, and Numbers
  • The image gallery was populated by many members of the SGP.  (Thanks to all for the maps and glyph photos!)
  • SGP Forum Achievements were debuted.  The first is Glyph Hunter

My SINCEREST APOLOGIES if I have forgotten anything or anyone.  Please reply with any such items, so long as they are confirmed and repeatable research items or member submissions/efforts.  Both of my eyes are almost totally bloodshot and I hear the Grunties calling.

I hearty THANK YOU to everyone who spent October 4th 2009 bringing these discoveries (and more!) to light.  When I awake, I'll struggle to tackle what has happened in the interim and to assess where everyone feels we should extend further investigative efforts.

We rocked the 4th, people.

P.S. Anyone wanna take a stab at a SGP logo / banner / official avatar?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 16:07:13 by ColdGlider »
::o:-:-:o:-:o:o:o:oo:oo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo:ooo:oooo:-:oooooo:o:ooooooo::

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
Re: SGP: Progress Report - 2009.10.04
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 07:55:55 »
sorry to refute the ghost cam thing you can still see them... I noted that if I fast forwarded, even if attached to my character, the glyphs would sometimes not be there... I stated earlier, that it might be a time thing (not to sure, this is because of the theater mode thing). Im going to stress test this theory more tonight, as I have just had a tallboy of monster energy drink and am sucking down some mountain dew voltage as I type this. (my hands are almost shaking j/k ;D)

I am also going to scour bucks mission as he goes through a lot of the major spots we discovered today in NM Streets.

And I am jealous to those of you who have personally witnessed the Si Diglyph and most especially you mob legndkiller... you guys must be doing stuff that I'm not.
...this coffee sucks.

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 08:04:00 »
I can work on a few Avatars but only because I'm trying to learn me some art tricks.
The avatar I use is something I made myself ;D
Where did you guys get the little emoticon pics from the Si? was it in Data Hive? Actually they look pretty simple to recreate.
Don't expect miracles though. There was someone earlier that said he was good at stuff like this. Data collection is where my expertise shines!
...this coffee sucks.

VsH Tepec Fett

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Halocreation : French Glitchers Community
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 08:35:44 »
About Glyphs : in fact, they don't appear when you are in "flying camera mode" because you need to activate the "night vision mode" (you know what i mean, with X button). So, even if you are on 1st player camera mode without the night vision, you won't see them.

About dark areas : dark area in sector 5 is also explorable, i'll put the video in my file share and the conditions in the other thread.

Thank you for this resume !

Tepec

[Edit] For a simplier edit for you, there is the link for the dark area in sector 5 :
The link to my file share : Barrière bleue3 - in sector 5, near "Tayari Plaza"
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:48:26 by VsH Tepec Fett »

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 08:50:59 »
if you are in flying camera mode, press and hold 'X' and it will activate. Neat huh? if the video is paused the lines wont appear until you press play. to make the lines go away just redo the VISR!
...this coffee sucks.

mob legndkiller

• Glyph Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 21:30:07 »
Thanks for the recondition. I just wanted to say though that in theater mode you can only see them change if you are following your character. Otherwise most are fine. 

Kenji

• SGP Moderator
  • Living life slowly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 22:59:31 »
agreed
...this coffee sucks.

thebraino

• SGP Moderator
  • The info you came here for is on that side... --->
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 01:18:33 »
I can also work on some avatars/ banners sometime. I've used Gimp for a couple of years, and am enrolled in (/ helping while the instructor is busy) a Photoshop class, so we can get together and come up with some ideas for this site.
Any themes/ suggestions would be nice...(and nothing is impossible, lol)