Author Topic: SGP: Sick Phantom  (Read 4255 times)

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
SGP: Sick Phantom
« on: November 09, 2009, 20:19:21 »
Here in Tepec's vid about the dark parts of New Mombasa, in the end is a Bonus clip, (starting around 2:19): The sick phantom.

The phantom, after dropping the Engineer housing pod aka Squid house, seems to first fly into its natural direction. But: after a short, stable flying, it turns right and crashesh the wall. And keeps crashing. After crashing about 40 secs (according to the vid, if no major cutting was made), the Phantom seems spin in way, going large circle down. Instead of sinking, however, the Phantom crashes for the last time, against the roof of a building. It tries to move forward, but gets stuck. It keeps trying to go forvard, and finally after some pushing against the wall, the Phantom is on its "head".
Then something even more interesting happens. The pilot jumps off. Just like the player when your vehicle is in upside-down or in other, jammed position. The Phantom's outline color turns into neutral, seemingly indicating that it is not controlled by anyone (as it is).
The pilot starts to walk forvards, probably because the lack of script (or something...well, you know.).

Nice easter egg, eh? And yes, I think it could just be an easter egg, but hey, just prove me wrong. I think bungie could do something like this, expecially if there is "Pacifist Grunt" in Halo 3. I can't find anything on Halopedia, so I have no clue about it. Tepec, someone, explain?
Den glider in, Den glider in, Den glider in i mål igen...

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
Re: SGP: Sick Phantom
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 23:55:10 »
maybe the phantom was pilotable afterwardS? i think u caused this by hitting the phantom with ur banshee. try retying this
I feel it

VsH Tepec Fett

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Halocreation : French Glitchers Community
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 21:23:42 »
Hi !

The Phantom could, some times, not crash itself ... We succeeded to make it crash by trying more than half an hour because it can escape, or fall in the water (and the pilot dies by then) , so it's quite hard to do that grunt get out of its Phantom !

But what i could say : in theory, the Phantom is pilotable, by the same way we use for Wraiths or Banshees (by killing the pilote when putting RB or B button) . But it's in theory , because for the Wraith or the Banshee, we can see the pilot (or elements of the pilot), whereas, in this case, we actually don't know where the cockpit exactly is, and where we could see the pilot.

I didn't put an other information about this Phantom in ODST : if it crashes and if you put RB or B button (it depends of your configuration) ,  it will turn and turn, like it wants to be "on its feet", like Warthog or other vehicules.

I don't think it is pilotable, but we could try, because of the fact that, and you can see that on the video, the Phantom without pilot appear "blue", like pilotable vehicules !

Tepec

thebraino

• SGP Moderator
  • The info you came here for is on that side... --->
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 23:50:56 »
...o_O
I like the sound of this theory...

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 08:27:52 »
Yeah, flying a phantom, That's something I sure would like...
We should try the Phantom Crashing sometimes... maybe I'll post in to the Knights-section soon.

odst glitcher

• founder of the AR and zombie elites
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 01:01:29 »
wait your telling me grunts fly phantoms
who are you and why are you looking at my profile

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 10:14:10 »
Seems so, but I think that when Mickey jacked the Phantom, I heard a brute dying, so I guess they both fly Phantoms.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 15:45:07 »
yes, imppas right, but im sure that was just for gameplay. hearing the muffled "agagagagaga..." was better then hearing " Yikes! demon! AHhhhhhhhh"
I feel it

Phantasm 08

• SGP Moderator
  • Scatcodes are the Gruntz Pajamaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 23:50:50 »
Was any more progress made on this?

By the way, in regards to Mickey hijacking the Phantom, he goes up the lift, walks towards the front of the troop bay (the same end that has the mounted gun), and then keeps walking through the wall there.  After that, he takes control of it.  You can watch his progress in theater mode.  So, I think we can safely guess that the cockpit is near the front.
01010000 01101111 01110011 01110100 00100000 01101000 01101111 01100011 00101100 00100000 01101110 01101111 01101110 00100000 01100101 01110010 01100111 01101111 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 01110000 01110100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01101000 01101111 01100011 00101110

Imppa

• SGP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 12:14:35 »
I think that we should first try to figure out what causes this sort of behavior...Lag? Loading problem/glitch?
I've actually seen this to happen on Reach, as well. The falcon that took me to the Communications Outpost drove like a drunk, really. The destroyed warthog that it first landed on might have been the cause...Hm.

We do have more pressing concerns to deal with, though, but if someone has time/interest, this could be looked into, too.

Vandal

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 12:24:21 »
I think that we should first try to figure out what causes this sort of behavior...Lag? Loading problem/glitch?
I've actually seen this to happen on Reach, as well. The falcon that took me to the Communications Outpost drove like a drunk, really. The destroyed warthog that it first landed on might have been the cause...Hm.

We do have more pressing concerns to deal with, though, but if someone has time/interest, this could be looked into, too.

I'm going to have to go with that the phantom and the falcon went crazy because they have designated paths, and if we mess with the paths they will go nuts trying to fix themselves
Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

When Russian troops got into Berlin in WWII whenever the street they were going down was barricaded, it took them 2 hours and 15 minutes to get through, 2 hours laughing hysterically and 15 minutes tearing the barricade down.

Scatcycle

• SGP Moderator
  • swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 15:43:02 »

I'm going to have to go with that the phantom and the falcon went crazy because they have designated points, and if we mess with the paths they will go nuts trying to fix themselves
This is correct. After it has dropped off its troops and finished the last action, its next action is to drive toward a designated point. Since they are actual vehicles in the game, it's just like kat's driving. If she gets dislocated by a grenade, she will try to find the best possible way to get to the next point. But the phantom is a bit hard to control. Since they bumped the phantom, it is a bit off. It starts to go forward, then realizes: "I'm not going to make it to the point..." so it tries to veer left and do a U-turn to it can find the best possible angle. The only problem is, it didn't expect buildings to be in the way. If there was nothing to stop it, I assume it would have eventually made it to its point.With a warthog this is much easier. Phantom? Bit harder.

That's my theory.

BTW: All these theories and topics about ODST make me want to play it. Anyone down?
I feel it